Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
James, the battery health page currently shows a straight-line average for the entire displayed timeline. Is there any way we could switch that to something like a 60 or 90 day moving average? That might be more useful in seeing trends in the speed of battery degradation.

James, the battery health page currently shows a straight-line average for the entire displayed timeline. Is there any way we could switch that to something like a 60 or 90 day moving average? That might be more useful in seeing trends in the speed of battery degradation.
Big update coming out today that will address this!

4.6 rolling out today for iOS, Android and the web.
  • Enable Dog Mode and Camp Mode from the app, Apple Watch, Siri, Shortcuts, Alexa, Google Home and IFTTT
  • Know when your Tesla is left unlocked by enabling Alerts > Unlocked
  • See your battery's health score based on its degradation
  • Compare your battery to other vehicles in the Tesla fleet
  • Driving, charging and parking exports are now fully customizable — limit your export by dates, locations and more
  • By popular demand, you can now buy Tessie forever with the new Lifetime option
  • Web graphs are bigger, clearer and easier to read
  • Small love-and-care refinements

I do like the fleet comparison, but I think I preferred the granularity of the old max range and battery capacity graphs. Any chance we can get those, or something similar, included?

Also, how are you comparing like cars? I've got kind of a rare version that was only sold for a couple months, which I think is causing my degradation number to be off. I've run into the same issue using Recurrent Auto.

I do like the fleet comparison, but I think I preferred the granularity of the old max range and battery capacity graphs. Any chance we can get those, or something similar, included?

Also, how are you comparing like cars? I've got kind of a rare version that was only sold for a couple months, which I think is causing my degradation number to be off. I've run into the same issue using Recurrent Auto.
The new graph is the old graph, but with more info. You can tap Zoom In/Zoom Out or hold and drag. If you're not looking for that, can you explain what you mean by granularity?

Cars of the same model generation, configuration and reported battery pack size. It's possible that your rare car's data can be merged in with a larger sample size, or perhaps it's a one-off case. Email [email protected] so I can investigate it and let you know.

The new graph is the old graph, but with more info. You can tap Zoom In/Zoom Out or hold and drag. If you're not looking for that, can you explain what you mean by granularity?

Cars of the same model generation, configuration and reported battery pack size. It's possible that your rare car's data can be merged in with a larger sample size, or perhaps it's a one-off case. Email [email protected] so I can investigate it and let you know.
Thanks for addressing the "odd battery size" issue via email.

WRT the graphs, I now see the web version still shows the old graphcs...by granularity, I just mean being able to drill down to fine detail. I do like the new app in the graph, the way it shows my car's trend compared to the fleet...it just doesn't seem to allow me to see a lot of detail about the capacity and range after each charge. Maybe I'm just not using it correctly. But really it doesn't matter as long as the web version keeps the old-style graphs.

Just noticed there is a lifetime option for Tessie, and I think it is a pretty good price for the features.. There is some other iOS app I was considering but they increased their price to $110 to unlock it and I think I would rather purchase a lifetime copy of Tessie instead...

Big update coming out today that will address this!

4.6 rolling out today for iOS, Android and the web.
  • Enable Dog Mode and Camp Mode from the app, Apple Watch, Siri, Shortcuts, Alexa, Google Home and IFTTT
  • Know when your Tesla is left unlocked by enabling Alerts > Unlocked
  • See your battery's health score based on its degradation
  • Compare your battery to other vehicles in the Tesla fleet
  • Driving, charging and parking exports are now fully customizable — limit your export by dates, locations and more
  • By popular demand, you can now buy Tessie forever with the new Lifetime option
  • Web graphs are bigger, clearer and easier to read
  • Small love-and-care refinements
How much is the lifetime option? I don't see it on the website yet. I just got me first Tesla and signed up for the Annual plan for Tessie a month ago. Is there any option to change this to the Lifetime plan instead of the Annual plan, if I was so inclined?
Thanks!

How much is the lifetime option? I don't see it on the website yet. I just got me first Tesla and signed up for the Annual plan for Tessie a month ago. Is there any option to change this to the Lifetime plan instead of the Annual plan, if I was so inclined?
Thanks!
It's $199 USD. You can upgrade here by clicking Upgrade to Lifetime. Email [email protected] for help changing from annual - it depends on the platform as they all have different rules and methods.

Reactions: Spyderman09
Good Day Teslaites,

A couple minor nits with Tessie. I'd love to see both the sleep info and full-screen pop-out graphs on the mobile app. I believe both are on the web interface so it's not a big deal but any means but I almost exclusively use my phone for Tessie

A bigger deal for me - my specific software update history, i.e. I installed 2022.16.2 on June 15, 2022, that it's been 20 days since the previous update, my average update cadence is "x days" , etc. I know the idea of fleet stats was mentioned previously and I thought there was some resistance to that but it's also publicly available at other sites easily enough. I hope I'm not missing my software history somewhere. On a related note, I thought there was a free web site that did my personal update history but I don't recall what it is. Anyone?

I've used TeslaFi forever but really dislike the mobile interface. I'd love to consider switching but I really want to keep my personal software update history.

Very nice app, TY.

Good Day Teslaites,

A couple minor nits with Tessie. I'd love to see both the sleep info and full-screen pop-out graphs on the mobile app. I believe both are on the web interface so it's not a big deal but any means but I almost exclusively use my phone for Tessie

A bigger deal for me - my specific software update history, i.e. I installed 2022.16.2 on June 15, 2022, that it's been 20 days since the previous update, my average update cadence is "x days" , etc. I know the idea of fleet stats was mentioned previously and I thought there was some resistance to that but it's also publicly available at other sites easily enough. I hope I'm not missing my software history somewhere. On a related note, I thought there was a free web site that did my personal update history but I don't recall what it is. Anyone?

I've used TeslaFi forever but really dislike the mobile interface. I'd love to consider switching but I really want to keep my personal software update history.

Very nice app, TY.
Thanks for the feedback! Software history is on the roadmap. Even if it's not shown yet, it's tracked (through Tessie and also TeslaFi imports.)

Another new update starting to roll out that I'm excited about. Coming in 4.6.7:
  • See the usable capacity of a new battery for your configuration across the fleet
  • See a longer term fleet average capacity for some new batteries due to a huge influx of new users today
  • Customize the new battery capacity measurement in case you have a special battery

Last edited:
Reactions: Baluchi
I have initiated my two week free trial via my desktop this afternoon and added my card details as requested, I then downloaded the app from the IOS AppStore and that has also requested my payment details. Both payment methods were different, I am not going to get charged twice when my 14 day trial runs out am I?

Just crossed to the dark side purchasing Tessie. :rolleyes:

Had another functional thought. Maybe I'm in a minority here on this one but I have a need to set a different maximum state-of-charge when I'm parked at home v. when I to to the office. At home for my short commute, I generally set it to 70% to 75% just to keep it with some charge. But I can plug-in at the office (only 110-volt) for free, which I generally do. But I want to get as much of the "free" charge as possible. So I'm daily changing my work max to 100% and my home max to 75% - but obviously need to be careful to not forget to dial it down when I get home. Even after 10 hours of work, I'll only gain something like 4% to 5% while at the office.

It would be great if I could set a maximum SOC for different favorite locations automatically, with perhaps some "default" level of not otherwise specified.

Would anyone else use such a feature?

• Disagree
Reactions: !igs
I have initiated my two week free trial via my desktop this afternoon and added my card details as requested, I then downloaded the app from the IOS AppStore and that has also requested my payment details. Both payment methods were different, I am not going to get charged twice when my 14 day trial runs out am I?
Did you log in and subscribe 2 different accounts? Check Settings > Account on your desktop, then check Settings > Account on the app.

If the emails are the same, email [email protected] so I can investigate why it prompted for payment in the app.

If the emails are different, open the app store app and cancel the subscription, then sign out of the app and sign in to the email you used on your desktop.

Last edited:
Just crossed to the dark side purchasing Tessie. :rolleyes:

Had another functional thought. Maybe I'm in a minority here on this one but I have a need to set a different maximum state-of-charge when I'm parked at home v. when I to to the office. At home for my short commute, I generally set it to 70% to 75% just to keep it with some charge. But I can plug-in at the office (only 110-volt) for free, which I generally do. But I want to get as much of the "free" charge as possible. So I'm daily changing my work max to 100% and my home max to 75% - but obviously need to be careful to not forget to dial it down when I get home. Even after 10 hours of work, I'll only gain something like 4% to 5% while at the office.

It would be great if I could set a maximum SOC for different favorite locations automatically, with perhaps some "default" level of not otherwise specified.

Would anyone else use such a feature?
Several users have this exact need. They create an automation to set the charge limit to 100% at 9am (or after they arrive at work) and 75% at 6pm (or after they arrive at home.) Per location specification is a neat idea though! I'll add that to the roadmap.

Did you log in and subscribe 2 different accounts? Check Settings > Account on your desktop, then check Settings > Account on the app.

If the emails are the same, email [email protected] so I can investigate why it prompted for payment in the app.

If the emails are different, open the app store app and cancel the subscription, then sign out of the app and sign in to the email you used on your desktop.
Hi, thank you for the quick response. The email address is the same on both the desktop and iPhone app. I will email now.