Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Click the "Hjemme" (home)-field below shortcut icons.

1670100002218.jpeg

Last edited:
Had my Telsa for 2 days now and really enjoying Tessie, the Tesla official app seems quite shallow in comparison.

I can't find anywhere in the app where I can see any breakdown of what power state the car was in at what time, or how frequently it was woken from sleep and (ideally) what caused it to wake. As an IT geek I'm a bit paranoid that I might over-tweak the car or set up too many automations/integrations etc and end up never letting it sleep so it'd be really useful to be able to check if the car is awake more than it should be (now that I think of it a 'your car vs other cars' graph like you have for usable battery capacity would be really useful). Do you have the data that could let you add that sort of view, please?

Had my Telsa for 2 days now and really enjoying Tessie, the Tesla official app seems quite shallow in comparison.

I can't find anywhere in the app where I can see any breakdown of what power state the car was in at what time, or how frequently it was woken from sleep and (ideally) what caused it to wake. As an IT geek I'm a bit paranoid that I might over-tweak the car or set up too many automations/integrations etc and end up never letting it sleep so it'd be really useful to be able to check if the car is awake more than it should be (now that I think of it a 'your car vs other cars' graph like you have for usable battery capacity would be really useful). Do you have the data that could let you add that sort of view, please?
”Activity” tile on the main menu details out when the vehicle was awake and asleep like this (shaded area is asleep)

I don’t think the waking trigger is recorded though.

The car should sleep after around 20 minutes of inactivity, and mostly stay asleep. Opening the Tesla app always wakes the car, and opening Tessie with “Auto-wake” turned on also wakes the car.

This graph is the last 72 hours of our MY’s Activity.

1B528FCD-85A4-49F1-AA9C-B13C1A5A0466.png

And turning Auto-wake off in Tessie means you can boot Tessie and check how well your vehicle is sleeping, or not, without waking it.

FE585302-28CB-4DE6-ACC9-B880D4FAA113.png

”Activity” tile on the main menu details out when the vehicle was awake and asleep like this (shaded area is asleep)

I don’t think the waking trigger is recorded though.

The car should sleep after around 20 minutes of inactivity, and mostly stay asleep. Opening the Tesla app always wakes the car, and opening Tessie with “Auto-wake” turned on also wakes the car.

This graph is the last 72 hours of our MY’s Activity.

View attachment 881741

And turning Auto-wake off in Tessie means you can boot Tessie and check how well your vehicle is sleeping, or not, without waking it.

View attachment 881743
Great, thankyou!

Reactions: Utumno
The app uses Branch to detect if you've clicked on a referral link and Google Firebase which automatically collects analytics for crash logs.
Is there any reason why you don't share any info about software versions comparing our car's current version and what others are currently on? You collect the data already and do publish the info on social media sometimes.

Hi folks, a couple of newbie Scheduling queries if I may, please.

1) I'd set a Scheduled charge (all days) to have the car charged to 100% by 0830 (it was at 83% when I went to bed). But when I got up at 0655 it hadn't started, so I was only able to get up to 91% by starting a manual charge. It wasn't a problem, but I'm just wondering what I did wrong.

2) How do I cancel the Scheduled charge? I can't seem to find a cancel / delete button in Tessie (or indeed the Tesla app).

Last edited:
Hi folks, a couple of newbie Scheduling queries if I may, please.

1) I'd set a Scheduled charge (all days) to have the car charged to 100% by 0830 (it was at 83% when I went to bed). But when I got up at 0655 it hadn't started, so I was only able to get up to 91% by starting a manual charge. It wasn't a problem, but I'm just wondering what I did wrong.

2) How do I cancel the Scheduled charge? I can't seem to find a cancel / delete button in Tessie (or indeed the Tesla app).
1.) For that behavior, you'd want to use Schedule > Departure set to 0830. You can then either set the charge limit to 100% manually, or create an automation to set it to 100% when you like.

There are a few different strategies to schedule charging, each with different behavior. Check out Scheduled Charging Comparison for a guide.

2.) It depends on which strategy you're using. Check Schedule > Departure/Charging and Automation. Email [email protected] if you need help.

Prefer to launch the browser on the Tesla but the phone could work too. Would like to be able to specify a URL

You can set up an iOS shortcut automation that launches the site on your phone when it connects to your cars Bluetooth. You might even be able to set up an action in that automation to send a URL to a specified app, in this case tesla, so it launches automatically in the car.

2.) It depends on which strategy you're using. Check Schedule > Departure/Charging and Automation.
Thanks for your reply, James.

I've got this in my Tessie setup, but I only needed it yesterday as a one-off. I can't see how to cancel it from triggering daily UFN. I don't have any automations set. Scheduled Charging is not enabled.
departurecharging.png
automations.png

charging.png

In a few days I'll have another need for a one-off 'charge to 100% by XX o'clock'. Presumably I can try creating a one-off automation for that?