Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds a lot like a firmware bug. Try restarting the car by holding down both scroll wheel buttons until the screen turns off. Send your account email to [email protected] and I can verify.
Holiday update hasn’t affected my drives getting logged, so hopefully the infotainment reset cures it.

I’ve taken to doing the 2 minute power down procedure after firmware upgrades, as bugs like that normally affect Mrs U first and asking her to reboot the car is something that only people with a stronger constitution than I dare attempt.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Quick question: is there any way to disable the Tesla preconditioning toggle on departure or arrival to/from an area?

The wife is driving me mad setting the precondition in the Tesla app at random times and then forgetting to disable it again so preconditioning randomly starts up.

I basically want to set an automation to disable the setting when she leaves “Home” but weirdly there’s no “Disable Preconditioning” option that I can find in Tessie’s Automation area. I don’t want to turn off the climate when the vehicle leaves, just the preconditioning setting.

Is this possible? And if not, can it go into the feature backlog? I can’t be the only one with a forgetful SO 😂

Quick question: is there any way to disable the Tesla preconditioning toggle on departure or arrival to/from an area?

The wife is driving me mad setting the precondition in the Tesla app at random times and then forgetting to disable it again so preconditioning randomly starts up.

I basically want to set an automation to disable the setting when she leaves “Home” but weirdly there’s no “Disable Preconditioning” option that I can find in Tessie’s Automation area. I don’t want to turn off the climate when the vehicle leaves, just the preconditioning setting.

Is this possible? And if not, can it go into the feature backlog? I can’t be the only one with a forgetful SO 😂
Yes, just set the temperature to a specific time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221220_150024.jpg
    Screenshot_20221220_150024.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 91

Are you referring to Scheduled Departure preconditioning? That can only be disabled manually, and importantly, only when the car is at the address where it was enabled.

The car saves those settings per location, and there's no way to manage those locations, so there's no way to be at work and then disable it at home.

For those reasons it's better to tap the clock on the climate tile to schedule one time preconditioning.

• Informative
Reactions: Utumno
Are you referring to Scheduled Departure preconditioning? That can only be disabled manually, and importantly, only when the car is at the address where it was enabled.

The car saves those settings per location, and there's no way to manage those locations, so there's no way to be at work and then disable it at home.

For those reasons it's better to tap the clock on the climate tile to schedule one time preconditioning.
Thanks James, yes I was referring to Scheduled Departure preconditioning. If Mrs U knows she's leaving the house at 5pm (for example) then she'll schedule preconditioning in the Tesla app and then basically forgets to turn it off again, much to my daily annoyance. Thanks for confirming it's not possible though.

It's better to tap the clock on the climate tile to schedule one time preconditioning.

Genuinely, that little feature had entirely passed me by!

I'm guessing that is when you want the climate/precondition to start though, rather than setting a ready-by preconditioning, which is what the Tesla app claims it gives you ? For example, if she was leaving at 5pm, using the Tesla app she would have set 5pm as a departure time, whereas in Tessie's one-time preconditioning she would have to manually adjust that to some time before 5pm ?

Thanks James, yes I was referring to Scheduled Departure preconditioning. If Mrs U knows she's leaving the house at 5pm (for example) then she'll schedule preconditioning in the Tesla app and then basically forgets to turn it off again, much to my daily annoyance. Thanks for confirming it's not possible though.

Genuinely, that little feature had entirely passed me by!

I'm guessing that is when you want the climate/precondition to start though, rather than setting a ready-by preconditioning, which is what the Tesla app claims it gives you ? For example, if she was leaving at 5pm, using the Tesla app she would have set 5pm as a departure time, whereas in Tessie's one-time preconditioning she would have to manually adjust that to some time before 5pm ?
Preconditioning takes about 30 minutes, so you set a 4:30pm start instead of a 5pm end.

Reactions: Utumno
James, I really like the "range ring" we can view on the map in Tessie. I think to maximize its usefulness, there'd be a way to overlay charging stations too--then we could see all the chargers that are within range of the car. I'm not sure if an app like PlugShare allows you to use their charger data, but that would be awesome. Not sure about the feasibility of that, but thought I'd make the recommendation.

James, I really like the "range ring" we can view on the map in Tessie. I think to maximize its usefulness, there'd be a way to overlay charging stations too--then we could see all the chargers that are within range of the car. I'm not sure if an app like PlugShare allows you to use their charger data, but that would be awesome. Not sure about the feasibility of that, but thought I'd make the recommendation.
Yeah, could be great. On my radar.

Reactions: Baluchi
Hello and happy holidays! Forgive me if I’m missing it, but is there any way to have the app check average fuel costs in my state/area and dynamically update based on desired grade?
There's not. Would be great though. Surprisingly, local fuel prices aren't really tracked by anything other than crowd sourced websites like GasBuddy so there's no great source to pull the costs from.

Reactions: WrldDriftR
There's not. Would be great though. Surprisingly, local fuel prices aren't really tracked by anything other than crowd sourced websites like GasBuddy so there's no great source to pull the costs from.
On a related topic, when we provide fuel prices does that update the fuel price used for the lifetime calculation for fuel costs or is a history preserved?

Fuel prices are up and down quite a bit at the moment and I was wondering whether changing the setting for today also messes up the calculation for previous drives. Thanks

Reactions: WrldDriftR
On a related topic, when we provide fuel prices does that update the fuel price used for the lifetime calculation for fuel costs or is a history preserved?

Fuel prices are up and down quite a bit at the moment and I was wondering whether changing the setting for today also messes up the calculation for previous drives. Thanks
Fuel comparisons always use your real-time settings. You won't mess anything up. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Baluchi