Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Thread: Cybertruck (Cybrtrk) Event - Nov 21, 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised that some of you are surprised. He warned way back that it was going to be super weird. I'd like to see the inside and how it will fit 6.
BTW - the person or the system operating the video slides should be very disappointed in their performance tonight.

Reactions: shellderp
It is meant to be polarising. "Not for everyone" said Musk.

Personally I like it and the more I look at it the more it grows on me.

well, if they want to replace the many, many trucks that are sold every year like Musk said they wanted to, they need something with mass appeal. I’m pretty sure that this isn’t it. It looks a lot like the attempts of other manufacturers to make something that looks unique for their EVs, and those generally haven’t done all that well.

Wow - the features seem impressive, but that design.....The pointed roofline is horrible, as are the jaggedness of every edge....if it would have as least been rounded off, it might have been OK....guess no chance for a roof rack or tent for real off-roaders, either. It seems they added a lot of features for different niches without speaking to those who are involved in them....but, at least Rivian is feeling relieved, and even Ford must be happy right now....

The smashed window, people will cling to to make everything tesla states as a lie. Unfortunate but true. Have no idea what they were thinking.

Said it before...but if your mission is truly ev adoption...just make a truck that looks like all the others. As Elon said the top 3 selling vehicles in US are trucks. In other words the concept is proven. If they did that..it would sell like crazy.

I hear it now from this crowd....' but the range would be down'... and to that I say on a day to day basis most people dont come close to max range.

Last edited:
This should have been setup as a SpaceX event, not a Tesla one, marketed as showing a sneak-peak of the Mars Rover they've designed. Talked it up about how its going to be used on Mars, the impressive specs, etc. The odd design in this context would be totally acceptable.

Then, surprise reveal - "If you want one, we'll sell you one."

The number of people who would line up to buy a literal Mars Rover would be way higher, IMO, than the number of people who would conscience driving around in a weird looking truck.

Weird truck? Naw. A Mars Rover? Hell yes!!

Wow I was completely wrong. I thought it was going to be a Model Y with a bed! I guess I was right about the enclosed bed at least.
This thing is actually pretty cool. When I saw the stainless steel body panels though my mind instantly went to DeLorean. Hopefully Tesla doesn't go down that path. I don't see how they can possibly sell it starting at $40k. Even the 250 mile version would probably need a 100kWh pack. I wonder how aerodynamic though sharp angles are.

He was clearly pissed and shaken by the glass failure. It was visible. He didn’t even speak as the slides behind him kept changing. That was so uncomfortable to watch

they didn’t really show the interior. The functionality. The ATV was weird - no explanation

very odd. When I saw it was refundable $100 I went to put an order in- it told me it failed, but I got charged 100, and I have no email or reservation number whatsoever. Good luck to me getting that hundred back ha

I bet Tesla never uploads that live steam to their actual YouTube account

edit- I was right. They just made it private !

Elon is somewhere flipping tables and cursing up a storm right now. I laughed when Franz actually said “oh ****!”

Reactions: scottf200
So what's up with the owl?
1591489146.png