Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Thread: Cybertruck (Cybrtrk) Event - Nov 21, 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stats are great. Price is great. But that shape. Uhhhhhhh, not good. I really hope they change the body before the release.
And someone is probably getting fired for that glass embarrassment. Akin to the Windows blue screen of death snafu at one of Microsoft’s presentations decades back. I’m guessing that the glass was weakened by them testing it out earlier, but that’s still not a good look to have the cracked windows in the background for the rest of the short presentation.
I am impressed he was able to regroup and continue after the glass debacle. And to have to stand in front of it for the remainder was painful. He handled it about as well as one could.

WOW

Massive ground clearance for off-road and impressive acceleration for on-road.

Didn't manage to understand how access to the bed works, but it appear competitive in size.

Yes, this is very, very different.

Can't believe I have to wait for so many posts to see one that is (sort of) an approval. Didn't anyone even notice what Elon says the truck has an outside dimension no bigger than regular trucks but can carry way more passengers and payloads? It does take a little to get used to the look but eventually function always dictate look especially for things like a truck. As usual only Tesla has the vision and is willing to take the risk. The price and specs are also out of this worldly good. Those commenting Tesla stock will tank because they don't like the sheet metal need to think a little deeper than that.

Last edited:
What an embarrassing boner rodeo. Tesla is becoming a parody of themselves.

Maybe 30% of rich white guys holding their phones up in that crowd and livestreaming to their youtube channel will buy one of these things just for the novelty and Elon worship.

But will that thing "accelerate the transition to sustainable energy"? Lol. Not in a million years. A complete distraction.

I’m still not sure if this is a joke. Where can you park this puppy? How’s the visibility from inside? Maybe this is “round one” of the prototype and the production model in 2021 will be more functional.

Ford certainly isn’t worried about losing the truck market tonight.

I do like that it’s ding proof, lol!

visibility is so last century

52D47ABA-F333-4C47-AD37-240EB5DE3A0C.jpeg 9F9685BF-2725-4756-90E3-764645C63B53.jpeg 8274C3CB-E676-4F19-92E4-79518244EA4B.jpeg
wow, very unique

This should have been setup as a SpaceX event, not a Tesla one, marketed as showing a sneak-peak of the Mars Rover they've designed. Talked it up about how its going to be used on Mars, the impressive specs, etc. The odd design in this context would be totally acceptable.

Then, surprise reveal - "If you want one, we'll sell you one."

The number of people who would line up to buy a literal Mars Rover would be way higher, IMO, than the number of people who would conscience driving around in a weird looking truck.

Weird truck? Naw. A Mars Rover? Hell yes!!

Makes very much sense! And I believe he designed it in this way because it will be used on Mars.