Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Thread: Cybertruck (Cybrtrk) Event - Nov 21, 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why not lay the 8Ft sheet on the back roof and against the tail gate, roof rack style on the cover? That should make it about 11-12ft long. Then strap over to secure it? That or open the tailgate with a bed extender?

BTW its got a 6.5ft bed in the same overall length as a 5.5ft bed F150.

The plywood thing is interesting, because it's brought up a lot. Do you haul a lot of plywood? I get it on infrequent occasions, and it's usually a single sheet. I feel like the 8' bed is more important for things like sheetrock that don't have enough tensile strength to angle onto the tailgate. And I don't ever buy sheetrock - my experience with that work tells me I'm best hiring professionals. :)
Hi Mark, yes I do lots of woodworking and building stuff so fitting an 8 foot piece of wood is important. I could deal with a shorter bed if the design was not so weird.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
sheet-rock, plywood... i can tell you one thing, the cybrtrk will be better at hauling *sugar* around than my old fiat 500e, s, or model 3...
15913016746_c98f30978b_b.jpg

15469576424_a89a5869a3_b.jpg

16023716802_7e2d777ab0_b.jpg

17348160413_1f450e1511_b.jpg

20044850560_64eab20428_b.jpg

22546320880_aecfd28ab8_b.jpg

27901615783_7e524728b6_b.jpg

28490545316_1a6b262e24_b.jpg

32290722614_86926b60fb_b.jpg

32753618360_bec956d6b7_b.jpg

60950585_614923225675398_1369673538332198098_n.jpg

61197338_1575367169263834_4388441770279620688_n.jpg

and thats why im going to buy the RWD version. 2022, cant wait.

...and will probably decorate it like a RC car. hahahh!
EKH9A2SU0AAfzdY

Haha, I love all the outrage. Reminds me of the hate on Apple fan sites when they first announced the iPod.

I personally think it looks so absurd that I absolutely love it. I placed two orders for it to replace my Model 3 and Ram 1500.

99% of people might think it's fugly, but I LOVE it. It's so unique that I'd take it over a high-end Range Rover, G-Wagon, or even a supercar. Bottom line is that I'm buying it for me and not everyone else. :)

LOVE the fact you are replacing an ICE truck with it AND adding a Tesla to the used fleet for someone else to go EV.

I keep going back to my experience of trying to wedge a QUARTERED sheet of ply into my six seater X. There was literally only one way to make all four pieces fit and it still damaged the interior trim. Worrying about how much a full sheet will hang over the edge seems like heaven compared to that.

@Xminus6 if you dont already, i highly suggest keeping one of these in the frunk. i have one for both my 3 and p90d for hauling tasks. its a great way to keep the car from getting completely thrashed.

just think, 2 or 3 years from now im not going to have to worry about that. AND still get to enjoy AP and supercharging. :D
Yeah. I had some Harbor Freight moving blankets to protect the car but the edges of freshly cut ply are a pretty sharp.

Last edited:
I've already seen all the comments on Reddit… ugly, fugly, hideous…

So, somebody has to say this: Have you looked at current production pickups from Ford, GM and FCA? I mean trying to forget for a moment how familiar and ubiquitous they are, and really taken a step back and try to look at them objectively, as if you hadn't seen them before? I live in pickup country, rural small-town Texas, and I have to look at those abominogs all over town every day. They're tall, bulked-up with super-high hoods and massive front grilles. They're like codpieces on wheels. They look like they were designed to frighten small children.

And then I see a crew cab, long-bed, dually diesel rig pull up in front of the post office like a barge on wheels, and a housewife climbs down out of the cab, probably just dropped off her kids at school. Then I just shake my head and wonder, how did we arrive at this madness? But most people don't even blink or think twice about it, because the wretched things are everywhere now!

If you live in a world gone mad, and then somebody reveals a glimpse of sanity, of course everybody's first natural reaction is going to be: What the hell is that? That's nuts!!

So I've gotten over the shock, therefore I just ordered mine.

I'd be highly suprised if the inverter in the cybertruck outputs 110v/220v in North America or Europe.

There hasn't been 110v/220v in the US in decades and most other countries don't use that either.

Do you think they'll have different inverter settings by country or continent? Let's look at normal power in the top 10 countries Tesla sells to (using https://1reddrop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Tesla-Sales-by-Country-4.png as the list of countries)

* US 120v/240v
* China 220v
* Norway 230v
* UK 230v
* Canada 120v/240v
* Germany 230v
* Netherlands 230v
* Switzerland 230v
* France 230v
* Sweden 230v

Basically China is the only major market where 220v is actually used.

As a general rule of thumb the more advanced the country the higher the voltage will be. Kinda makes you wonder when China will switch to 230v or 240v.

It'd make sense to have the inverter set to

240v in North America
230v in EU
220v in China

and have a firmware setting (hidden or otherwise) that picks the voltage depending what country you are in.

Last edited:
I'd be highly suprised if the inverter in the cybertruck outputs 110v/220v in North America or Europe.

There hasn't been 110v/220v in the US in decades and most other countries don't use that either.

Do you think they'll have different inverter settings by country or continent? Let's look at normal power in the top 10 countries Tesla sells to (using https://1reddrop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Tesla-Sales-by-Country-4.png as the list of countries)

* US 120v/240v
* China 220v
* Norway 230v
* UK 230v
* Canada 120v/240v
* Germany 230v
* Netherlands 230v
* Switzerland 230v
* France 230v
* Sweden 230v

As a general rule of thumb the more advanced the country the higher the voltage will be. Kinda makes you wonder when China will switch to 230v or 240v.

It'd make sense to have the inverter set to

240v in North America
230v in EU
220v in China

and have a firmware setting (hidden or otherwise) that picks the voltage depending what country you are in.
You're not wrong, FWIW Japan is 100 V.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe

* US 120v/240v
* China 220v
* Norway 230v
* UK 230v
* Canada 120v/240v
* Germany 230v
* Netherlands 230v
* Switzerland 230v
* France 230v
* Sweden 230v

I think you are reading to much into the exact voltage, as it really doesn't matter.

In Norway we call it either a 220v system or 240v system, and they are both basically the same thing for the consumer.
You can use the same electric device both in Norway, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, etc...

However, if you want to go into the technical portion of it, there's some differences, like different delivery systems, 2 fase, 3 fase, 440v divided to 230v, it system, etc etc, but still wouldn't matter to the consumer or the electronic device.

Guess like all other transformers it will be divided into two different outputs, 220v and 110v.

Or to be exact, we don't know if they will use a transformer or if they will take it straight from the battery where the battery voltage (xPxS) meets the destination voltage then maybe a dc/ac converter and a diode to keep the current from going the wrong way, and a fuse, or maybe a relay with diode depending on the 15/30 steering of the power.

But off course, we don't know the battery voltage for the cybertruck yet, or have seen a wiring diagram, so, we don't know if the use a transformer or use the battery directly. I guess the bms should be different from the other Tesla cars then, to account for unbalanced use of cells, guess transformer is the easiest option...

Guess like all other transformers it will be divided into two different outputs, 220v and 110v.

Or to be exact, we don't know if they will use a transformer or if they will take it straight from the battery where the battery voltage (xPxS) meets the destination voltage then maybe a dc/ac converter and a diode to keep the current from going the wrong way, and a fuse, or maybe a relay with diode depending on the 15/30 steering of the power.

But off course, we don't know the battery voltage for the cybertruck yet, or have seen a wiring diagram, so, we don't know if the use a transformer or use the battery directly. I guess the bms should be different from the other Tesla cars then, to account for unbalanced use of cells, guess transformer is the easiest option...

To generate split phase ground referenced AC out, they might use something like this:
Pack DC to isolation stage to generate power rails at +/- 160V or so followed by dual half bridge power circuits and filter stages.
Or they could have a full bridge driving the transformer output, but that is bulky at 6kw (20A 240V). Using an isolation stage allows higher switching frequencies and smaller magnetics.

Local guy who rode in it at the event said there was just the demo truck running test rides and they had replaced the glass after the demolition, I mean demo. Is that possible? Gotta have TWO panes of left side glass handy, pull off the door panels (2), remove the window regulators(2), remove and reinstall glass, regulators and panels. With Elon and Fritz and several hundred people waiting. Hell of a pit crew! I woulda just rolled them down, nice evening in LA and all.