Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Thread: Cybertruck (Cybrtrk) Event - Nov 21, 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3t6a0tygda141.png

Reactions: MitchMitch
My takeaway from this thread is that the only thing stopping the others from not "buying" is the looks. So if Ford could just do the same thing they did with the Mach E... (Ford styling outside, Tesla inside. Well, they tried to make it Tesla inside.)

Ford should just partner with Tesla (and get the Supercharging network too), but instead they're fighting. SMH

Is Musk really that much?

Last edited:
Long comprehensive article about the fundamental genius of the Cybertruck.

The Tesla Cybertruck Isn’t A Pickup — It's Much, Much More | CleanTechnica

The range of Cybertruck capabilities are a little hard to grasp at first.

• Like every car, it offers personal transport. It layers on lots of comfort, space, and headroom for people, and lots of things in the cab.
  • It also offers a LOT of cargo room. About 2× that of a Suburban, and significantly more than an F-150 of the same size.
  • Because it’s battery powered, it is an energy source for all things electric, from table-saws to hairdryers.
  • With optional solar, it can generate energy using integrated solar panels.
  • The battery provides heating and cooling in a significantly more efficient manner than gas car, so it provides efficient interior climate control for all weather.
  • If you’re Mad Max, the Cybertruck lets you go off the grid, with no need to fight for oil. The Cybertruck may also eliminate the need for politicians in Washington to fight for oil.
But wait, there’s more …

• It can be loaded with almost two tons of whatever.
  • It can tow well beyond its weight class: it could tow three stacked pickup trucks.
  • It offers a virtually indestructible surface on the outside and in the cargo area. You cannot dent it. You cannot scratch it. And a suite of sensors will stop it from hitting anything else. And it will have amazingly strong glass, that doesn’t break even when struck by a huge steel ball.
Because it’s a Tesla, it inherits some amazing tech:

• It offers a security system that records video in four directions — 24 hours a day.
  • It’s continually connected to the internet (and Cybertruck V2 might even act as a hotspot connection to ultra-high-speed satellite internet).
  • Entertainment? It’s a drive-in movie theater everywhere it goes, a Caraoke Studio, and an arcade.
  • Software evolution? The Cybertruck will get better every few months through over the air updates. It will become both more efficient and more feature rich, just like other Teslas.

Imagine it hitting a pedestrian. Yikes.
Will never understand the concern about, "....what happens when it hits a pedestrian." Go to google images and look at the grill of the top three pickups. What the heck do you think would happen to the pedestrians that get hit by those monsters? Plus, there are already thousands of pedestrian deaths every year; all killed by existing cars and pickups.

Haha, I love all the outrage. Reminds me of the hate on Apple fan sites when they first announced the iPod.

I personally think it looks so absurd that I absolutely love it. I placed two orders for it to replace my Model 3 and Ram 1500.

99% of people might think it's fugly, but I LOVE it. It's so unique that I'd take it over a high-end Range Rover, G-Wagon, or even a supercar. Bottom line is that I'm buying it for me and not everyone else. :)
I agree! Going to sell my SuperDuty when the triple motor version comes out. Love it!

What an embarrassing boner rodeo. Tesla is becoming a parody of themselves.

Maybe 30% of rich white guys holding their phones up in that crowd and livestreaming to their youtube channel will buy one of these things just for the novelty and Elon worship.

But will that thing "accelerate the transition to sustainable energy"? Lol. Not in a million years. A complete distraction.
Selling my Super Duty in 3 years if you are interested. Long Bed Lariat in perfect shape. 80K miles. Diesel costs about $4.00/gallon here in CA. Can't wait to tow my dirt bikes out into the desert in this thing! Production can't come quick enough!

Reactions: JakeTrilla