Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official: TSLA Shareholder Meeting 2016 Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a small bit hopeful, but not too, given that what, only six maybe seven people upvoted (and one person effing downvoted) my submission in this thread the other day, that someone will ask a meaningful question regarding the status, 2016/2017 strategy, and prospects regarding Tesla's fight against the states that currently ban or partially ban Tesla from sales and/or service.

No disrespect, but Californians, who bask in the neon glow of umpteen-gazillion superchargers, Tesla stores, and service centers from one end of the state to the other, are the probably the worst people to decide whether such a question is put before Elon Musk today. And yet I fear it is Californians -- who don't know what it is like to live in a state that flat-out bans Tesla and how that means a customer has no recourse but to have to schedule, far in advance, a Tesla Ranger to drive 8-12 hours from the Tesla service center in another state already beleaguered by its own customer demand, load the car on a flat-bed trailer, and drive 8-12 hours back to the service center, just to get service -- Californians who are going to decide what is cool and hip to ask the CEO and Chairman of the Board today.

I hope I am wrong, I really do.
After last year's debacle of fan-boy questions, I really am not in the mood to hear "when will Model Y come out" and "will Model 3 have a HUD" questions today when there are customers (many of whom are SHAREHOLDERS and many of whom have also ordered Model 3) who deal with the hassle of corrupt state legislatures and stupid anti-competitive laws every single day, and need RESOLUTION to this longstanding issue especially before the onslaught of the accelerated Model 3 roll-out.

Yesterday's meeting had a clear message: we're chumps. This whole exercise was for naught.

If we want our questions answered, we have to ask them. If we want to make sure we get a chance to ask them, we go to the shareholders meeting, in person, in sufficient numbers such that the majority of our questions get through all the filters in place that otherwise, as was abundantly evident yesterday, do a fine job blocking them from getting through.

Otherwise, chumps.
According to your profile you're an "effen Californian" too right?
Yes. I'm the person who "effing downvoted my submission" in the ludricrous posts quoted above. It might be reasonable to disagree with my beliefs that; this question is not of sufficient strategic importance to investors, and my belief that asking that question would not accomplish anything meaningful, but blaming the problem on shareholders, many of whom are from California, for not asking the question, and the corollary assumption that if they did that Elon could solve the problem much sooner are ludricrous.

Recent tweets answer this question. Sounds like there is consideration of using Samsung for Tesla Energy products (and LG Chem for Roadster 3.0), but all the automotive batteries will remain Panasonic. That's pretty much what I expected.
At the meeting Elon and JB said that they will be able to produce all of the cells required for both TE and TM at the GF in the fairly near future. Since no one else is close on price going forward it's a safe assumption that moset of their cells will come from the GF, plus maybe Panasonic for the MS-MX (subject to existing contracts).

Yes. I'm the person who "effing downvoted my submission" in the ludricrous posts quoted above. It might be reasonable to disagree with my beliefs that; this question is not of sufficient strategic importance to investors, and my belief that asking that question would not accomplish anything meaningful, but blaming the problem on shareholders, many of whom are from California, for not asking the question, and the corollary assumption that if they did that Elon could solve the problem much sooner are ludricrous.

At the meeting Elon and JB said that they will be able to produce all of the cells required for both TE and TM at the GF in the fairly near future. Since no one else is close on price going forward it's a safe assumption that moset of their cells will come from the GF, plus maybe Panasonic for the MS-MX (subject to existing contracts).

Why do my quoted statements say "anonomous said"? Did you change my user name? Did the system?

Did anyone think the 2 1/2 hour presentation on the "complete history of Tesla" was a deliberate ploy to take up most of the time and stop people asking questions. Can't believe how Musk was so slow on the above - then when it got to the end and spending 15 minutes on a few questions said rather impatiently "you know guys we're running 1 hour late - I need to go soon - I'll take a few more questions". Thought that was arrogant and a bit offensive to the people who'd attended!