Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official: TSLA Shareholder Meeting 2016 Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveT

Searcher of green pastures
Nov 15, 2012
Texas
(note: I know that there was another thread that was recently posted on this topic, but I'm needing to post a new thread with instructions so that we'll get the most popular questions here asked at the shareholder meeting.)

I was informed by Tesla Investor Relations that they will choose some of the most popular questions from this specific thread to ask Elon at the shareholder meeting (note: I was told they'll ask "a few" from this thread, but hopefully if we post some good questions it'll be more). Tesla IR expressed that they don't want to appear like they're influencing the questions that get asked, so they asked for a system to rank the questions that they can defer to (thus the voting system below).

So here are the instructions.

1. Post one question per post. Do NOT post multiple questions in one post or else it will be ignored.

2. Vote using the LIKE button on all the questions you think are pertinent and you'd like to be asked at the shareholder meeting.

Tomorrow afternoon (around 4pm) I'm going to email Tesla IR an update with the top 10-20 questions (determined by # of LIKES) and the # likes per question.

Shoot away, friends.

Since DC fast charge standards are still evolving and evolving separately in the United States versus Europe and other parts of the world, is it Tesla's vision to make the Tesla Supercharger standard the one standard in North America, replacing J1772 both AC and DC in the long term? Will Tesla vehicles ship with CCS built in support, without an adapter in both Europe and in North America? Or does Tesla see the Tesla connector as a competitive advantage?

As a Tesla car owner and Powerwall owner (next month), over the past few years I have come to view Tesla as a company whose first products were EVs but whose core business is in energy storage and management systems, whether that means vehicle drivetrains or batteries to power businesses, homes, and potentially off-earth human colonies. Do you see the company that way, and if so how does that influence your long term strategic planning?

It is my understanding that (1) the Tesla Factory has upgraded stamping and paint shop capacity to handle up to 500,000 vehicles/year. (2) Model S and Model X assembly is consolidated on Production Line 2 and (3) Model 3 will be assembled on a new Production Line. What are Tesla's expansion plans as far as new robots/equipment and adding new employees to ensure that the Model 3 production line will be able to produce in volume by the end of 2017?

In the past, Tesla Motors has had issues with the quality and/or availability of supplier-made components for Model S and Model X.

With Model 3 production now on such an aggressive schedule, what will Tesla do differently to ensure nominal volumes of high-quality components in order to meet its production deadline and units delivered goals?

Given the newly accelerated production volume timeline to reach maximum nameplate on both Freemont and GIgaFactory- Are there also newly formulated timelines on future factories of each

I might add an additional line at the end Ken. ' And what is that timeline?'
I will delete my post if you think inappropriate :)

Assuming an underlying continued 50% year-to-year growth on average and taking in to consideration the accelerated production start and ramp up of Model 3 it seems probable that, even if the Fremont factory could achieve a higher output than the 500.000/year in the NUMMI days, Tesla would need to establish new factories within the next decade, likely before 2025? Are you looking primarily at the US for this, or would investors be more correct to expect for such a facility to be located in Europe or Asia, and if so which continent do you currently believe to be more likely?

Stock holders who bought TSLA stock in the years from the IPO up until 2012-2013 bought stock in the electric car manufacturer Tesla Motors. As of today these stock holders are owners of a company that also hosts a growing energy storage component, Tesla Energy, which will be responsible for a yet unknown percentage of revenue going forward. How should investors think about the future of Tesla in this regard? Is it likely that Tesla Energy will bud off from Tesla Motors or should we expect both businesses to remain under the same brand, leadership and financial entity for the foreseeable future?

Seeing how the collaboration with Daimler has been wound down and passed out it's not obvious to investors that Tesla have any ongoing collaborations with any other auto makers currently neither with regard to battery packs, drive trains, autonomous drive nor with regard to the Supercharging network. Should investors expect such collaborations going forward? Can you comment on whether there have been approaches or negotiations in the last year and if so, naturally without mentioning names, what the subject has been?