TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Official type c installation

Discussion in 'Model S' started by fasteddie7, Feb 4, 2018.

1. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

I saw Tesla finally came out with an official type c charger for the s/x! I got one and installed it easy peasy! Made a video for everyone, as if you do need to change the charger port in your console do to getting a new phone, it'll help as each one install the same!

• Informative x 1
  2. TKTes75

TKTes75 Member

Great video! Did not know it was that easy to swap the cords out. I just got a Galaxy S8 so would be interested in doing the same.

Does this give you the ability for rapid charging? If not, how fast are you seeing your phone charge?

3. am_dmd

am_dmd Member

Also if you already have the charging dock just get the USB-C cable under Model 3 accessories.

4. RWerksman

RWerksman Member

Here is the cable, a whopping $14. Works on the S as well, even with the drop in center console. and presumably X too:

Model 3 Phone Charging Cable

It just doesn't have the little plastic piece. The only ready to buy the $35 kit is if your car doesn't have any phone dock in the console.

5. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

I got the whole kit under the model s/x section. It does not rapid charge like the included charger does but it's reasonably quick.

6. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

It's not rapid like the charger included in the box, but it's reasonable.