Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official: Upcoming Model S Price Increase & Timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PC Magazine reports that the Model S price hike is going to be $2500. I don't know if it has been posted anywhere

It has been, but there are some perks. Heated 12-way seats are now included on all vehicles so if you were only getting leather for the heated seats (like me) then the increase is really only $1000. Not really enough to worry about.

For current reservation holders who have already received their "It's Time to Build" emails as well as their notifications of up and coming price changes emails, has anyone actually received an email yet that states you have the supposed 3 weeks to order your MS before the price increase?

@kevincwelch--got mine late this morning. Turns out the new period isn't three weeks, it's "by December 31, 2012". I don't know if the timing of my original email plays into this or not, or if others are getting three weeks or year-end like me.

Oops, I missed the part where you were trying to get info on the D-Day dates for the second Finalize emails ... perhaps my post was misleading. The D-Day date I was given came with my initial It's Time to Finalize email that i received today.

Clea-Maybe because you are Canadian there is a difference. I received my second email (the follow-up email) that stated I had until Dec 31st to finalize my Model S before being subjected to the price increase.

On another note, I wonder what would happen if you finalize by don't sign your MVPA.

I'm curious because once you configure your deposit becomes binding, you will forfeit if you don't buy, so I'm thinking they can't sit on a binding deposit for 6 or 8 months. Although I fully intend to go through the purchase I currently have an option that costing me the interest on 5k over a year. That's legitimately pennies for the option so why not take it. I don't think it's good policy to convert the deposits so far in advance--although it would possibly make the waiting list a bit shorter.

When I put my deposit down I was told I would probably configure in the June/July timeframe of 2013. When I was notified of the price increase, and that I am not affected if I configure in a reasonable time, it also said I could be asked to configure between now and late January. Does that mean capacity at the factory is increasing at a great rate? I thought once you configure it was about 90 days till delivery? Curious I was expecting the car end of summer at earliest but sounds like mid-spring, which would be fine for me.

I met a couple in the Short Hills Mall with a 9K Res # and they confirmed their configuration last week. They're expecting delivery Feb/Mar timeframe. So it's very possible to receive it in late spring/early summer. I was told they are close to making 400 p/w so it should not take long.