TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Official word from Tesla (GeorgeB) on the vanity mirror light and rear reading lights

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by dsm363, Aug 1, 2012.

1. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

#1 dsm363, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    I started a new thread since there were part of multiple threads about people reconsidering their reservations due to these two issues

They are both going to be added back to the car (for the early people who get their cars delivered without them). The rear reading lights will be no cost and it sounds like the vanity mirror will be free as well.
    Link to original post below
    Interior lighting - Changes on Specs web page

Great news!

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Here's the whole post:

Now hopefully they start delivering cars so people have real issues to discuss.

3. jimbakker666

jimbakker666 Member

FANTASTIC! That's the communication I would expect from a company looking to win customers.

EDIT: Can we get an updated OP in the 'Interior Lights" thread showing that this has been resolved? I know it's near the last page but newcomers may read the first page and move on.

4. contaygious

contaygious Member

#4 contaygious, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    Sounds good! So happy to have this kind of communication and the ability to upgrade things after the car is delivered.

Hopefully George can clear up the power folding mirrors too?

5. BYT_P1837

BYT_P1837 Member

:) - nuff said!

6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I am so relieved that we have an official answer.

We (the TMC membership 'we') have consistently responded to bits of information by assuming the worst. A number of people on the forum have attempted to turn the tide, saying 'hey, give it a chance'. But instead, things evolve from rumor to fact and then people up in arms talking about cancelling reservations. So fear not. Your significant others are going to be able to apply makeup (though honestly, don't you want to be able to accelerate - applying makeup means you're all going to have to drive like little old men - is that really what you want?). You will be able to find your groceries in the backseat from that you didn't put in the frunk and that the overhead light doesn't illuminate.

Yeah, those cars need to get delivered so people can focus on reporting back on the joy, the utter and complete JOY of driving electric. Especially a car where every time, every single frickin' time, when you press the accelerator, the hand of God swoops down and gives you an extra boost.

7. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

George: Now *THAT'S* what I'm talking about! Good news that the vanity mirror light/reading lights are back, but I'm much more excited to see the lines of conversation open again. Keep it up and Tesla will set itself far apart from "the other guys"!

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Ok, so it's been a few minutes. Time to start a new rumor.

I heard Bonnie is offering JOY drives in her Roadster when she visits Seattle.

Edit: Hm. Tesla might want to pick up that term. "Amped isn't for test drives; it's for joy drives."

9. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Add me to this list ...

As I converted to the Performance Model at the Miami event ... I want as much feedback from the factory as possible. It's one of those things that has set Tesla above the other auto makers.

George: KEEP YOUR WEEKLY BLOG GOING!!!! Even if it's to say nothing at all has changed, we appreciate the "personal" attention.

10. bonnie

I fully intend to contact both the Portland and Seattle reservation holders. To meet over coffee. For RIDES. :)

11. AndyM

AndyM Member

Huzzah! Nice communication, George! Well written! Faith in Tesla's engineering crew still strong!
    Just what we'd love to see back in the weekly blog posts, too!

12. AndyM

AndyM Member

You mean exchange coffee for Roadster rides? Sign me up! First! :)

13. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Once again TM comes through with Flying colors. Now that's some customer service!

14. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

All right, let this be a lesson. Next time just be patient and you'll get your answers.

15. richkae

richkae VIN587

A fine line between passion and lunacy. Sometimes we blur the line.

16. bonnie

A master of understatement.

17. Zextraterrestrial

joy rides??:biggrin:
    everyone should be smiling joyfully right?

I'm kinda close :wink:

18. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

:)
    :(

19. dflye

dflye S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814

Great to see a response from Tesla that shows awareness of issues, the process of resolving said issues, and where that may leave any given vehicle that was being built at the time a change was being made. :biggrin:

As others have stated, keeping the blog entries coming at a semi-regular pace (once every week or two) would do much to dispel those feelings of being left in the dark. Even if the blog entry doesn't say much more than "Had a great lunch while talking to the engineers about the 'eject' button." :scared:

For bonus points, a weekly "ping" email to those who are currently seeing words similar to "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S Signature Performance" on their My Tesla page would be awesometacular, and wouldn't need to have much more than some random picture of a robot/human working on a partially assembled vehicle to keep us distracted enough to stop nit-picking about issues that are likely already fully under control. :cool:

20. tander

tander Member

Someone with a Roadster in Portland is renting it via a new carshare program called Getaround---$50 p/hr and if you pickup a flyer you can get $25 off. $25 in a Roadster for an hour sounds pretty good, but then again free Bonnie might be better.