Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Officially FOR SALE; 2016 Pearl White Facelift Model 75S Performance Upgraded in Northern VA/DC Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lee_B

Supporting Member
Nov 22, 2016
Alexandria VA
I did a feeler a few weeks back for my MS. I recently acquired a MX and love it and now unexpectedly have to choose. I have only owned my MS for a short time but have completed a few sought after upgrades that distinguish it from the stock MS. IMHO it is among the best looking MS I see on the road. I am selling because I am moving overseas next summer (was just selected for a position) and I don't want to have two Tesla's sitting in my parents driveway. I am asking for 70K. I am eager to sell but not desperate to. I have time and an trade in offer for 61K that is still standing from my X purchase. I would like to see for a great price. PM me for interest and I will send my email and contact info.

To answer so quick questions; -
1. 37,500 miles and extended warranty eligible. 8/100k. I purchased with 22,000 miles and I have put 14,000 miles on it. I didn't not purchase intending to sell it but I cannot take it overseas and need to pick one to keep.
2. The car was built in May 2016. I am the 2nd owner. The original owner I found on this thread and he had an emergency and needed to sell. It was a great deal then and I will extend it again. It was a private party sale from another TMC member and owner of a Tesla.
3. The car has never been in an accident and is in excellent condition.
4. The "upgrades" that I have completed are - Red brake calipers, Tinted windows, Aluminum Pedals, Upgraded lighting in Trunk, Center console Door, Performance Upgraded Firmware (last week :)), upgraded to 75D, Upgraded factory 21inch wheels and tires (tires are Contisport and have 10K miles)
5. I believe it was 96K at purchase but have the window sticker for the car.

Description: Black Leather /Greyish wood
Options: SAS, UHFS with Sat/HD Radio, PUP, Sunroof, Subzero
*Tesla Charging cable and J1772 adapter included.

Attachments

• car 2.jpg
    car 2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 119
  • car 3.jpg
    car 3.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 92
  • car 4.jpg
    car 4.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 83
  • car 5.jpg
    car 5.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 99
  • car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Xenius
Oh but I do take offense. I never said I bought from Telsa, I never said I bought new, I never said I was trading in to Tesla. You assumed all that. In fact I bought used (omg!!) and opted not to trade in because I didn't like the quote. I intended to keep both but now want to sell the X. Thanks for not buying my car and moving potential buyers away.

The only thing that relevant is since u are not interested in buying why are u posting?

Attachments

• IMG_20171108_191632.jpg
    IMG_20171108_191632.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 100
  • MVIMG_20171108_191535.jpg
    MVIMG_20171108_191535.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20171108_191632.jpg
    IMG_20171108_191632.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Buddyroe
Oh but I do take offense. I never said I bought from Telsa, I never said I bought new, I never said I was trading in to Tesla. You assumed all that. In fact I bought used (omg!!) and opted not to trade in because I didn't like the quote. I intended to keep both but now want to sell the X. Thanks for not buying my car and moving potential buyers away.

The only thing that relevant is since u are not interested in buying why are u posting?

Potential buyers willing to spend this kind of money will have an idea about the market, and do comparison of new vs used. He was just offering to set the right expectations. And no, why don't you make an offer if you are interested is not the right excuse for not doing market research and pricing it in the right ball park.

Reactions: Swift and jfrieden
Great insight...smh.. I've been a potential buyer twice in the past year. I guess that should qualify as market research. What I don't understand truly is why Telsa members discourage others from buying vehicles from Tesla owners. Do a Carfax. Make a counter but at least be interested in buying if u want to post.

Reactions: Buddyroe
Great insight...smh.. I've been a potential buyer twice in the past year. I guess that should qualify as market research. What I don't understand truly is why Telsa members discourage others from buying vehicles from Tesla owners. Do a Carfax. Make a counter but at least be interested in buying if u want to post.

Where is the discouragement? He offered to help with the expectations. You think potential buyers would be lining up behind this car priced at $67k, without Sammy's comment?

Based on the build sheet, this car has about $10k of upgrades compared to new base model. A brand new car with the new DU costing around $77k with 0 miles vs. yours for $67k with 37.5k miles? Decisions....Decisions.

Reactions: Sunshine State
Where is the discouragement? He offered to help with the expectations. You think potential buyers would be lining up behind this car priced at $67k, without Sammy's comment?

Based on the build sheet, this car has about $10k of upgrades compared to new base model. A brand new car with the new DU costing around $77k with 0 miles vs. yours for $67k with 37.5k miles? Decisions....Decisions.
Some people can afford 67K but can't afford 77K, not everyone has the ability to just sht $10,000 out of thier ass and buy new(er)

Reactions: Lee_B
Some people can afford 67K but can't afford 77K, not everyone has the ability to just sht $10,000 out of thier ass and buy new(er)
Thanks. Whole thing is sad really. Every and I mean every person who tries to sell here has to deal with the tiny hands crew. I had to Wade thru all the comments to find a deal when I bought here last time. I bought used as well. Sad that people want to make up numbers and discourage others from selling. Telsa sells used too high and if a private party tries to sell it's too high. My car as configured new would cost 96K but every blow hard lies about the prices. It's not hard to figure out. 75D with, PUP, black leathette interior, sunroof, pearl white, AP and 21s is 96k every day. I am selling almost 25k less and apparently that's a crime to post. It's sad and pathetic and a disservice to the forum because I expected this and wasn't disappointed. Who wants to read all this s$-# to find a nice deal?? I'm repost later but I am only dealing with PMs. That's how it has to be done here

Reactions: bkp_duke and YNOT3

Then take offense.
I wasn't posting to discourage others from buying. Just to point out a fact about what tesla offered me.

Also, your title says 2016 75S....but then you said your car is a 75D....

Last edited:
As a prospective buyer, I appreciate people's comments, especially from people who know Tesla more then anyone else. I hate to see people scared to post there opinion because they will be criticized. At the end of the day, I think the market you set your vehicle at will determine if it sells as opposed to someone else comments. Furthermore, as a buyer, it helps me decide who I like to deal with when I see how they interact with others.

There are avenues such as autotrader, cars.com, craigslist where vehicles can be posted (for free) without worrying about what others say.

Reactions: mudassir
Thanks. Whole thing is sad really. Every and I mean every person who tries to sell here has to deal with the tiny hands crew. I had to Wade thru all the comments to find a deal when I bought here last time. I bought used as well. Sad that people want to make up numbers and discourage others from selling. Telsa sells used too high and if a private party tries to sell it's too high. My car as configured new would cost 96K but every blow hard lies about the prices. It's not hard to figure out. 75D with, PUP, black leathette interior, sunroof, pearl white, AP and 21s is 96k every day. I am selling almost 25k less and apparently that's a crime to post. It's sad and pathetic and a disservice to the forum because I expected this and wasn't disappointed. Who wants to read all this s$-# to find a nice deal?? I'm repost later but I am only dealing with PMs. That's how it has to be done here

Numbers aren't really your game, are they? If you want to sell it at a $25k discount, then sell it at a $25k discount. Count the $7500 federal tax credit. Count the battery being standard at 75kwh now, and subtract the 70kwh upcharge from that - plus a little bit more from that $96k number. Panoramic roof is standard now, so subtract that from that $96k number. Smart air Suspension is standard now, so subtract that from that $96k number. Dont take people for fools.

Singal3,
I wish this was JUST a classified space and I will really start advertising over the weekend. As someone who is actually knowledgeable about car and Tesla I don't see any useful comments. Seriously. From my perspective I am trying to sell a good vehicle and I haven't once in this thread actually talked about my car. I have been accused of lying about trade-ins and even cussed at before an updated edit, I have had my car price from Tesla misquoted and my thread hijacked. I am not talking to you about selling my car on a thread specifically created to selling my car. That's hijacked to me. I don't mind the conversation but the idea for me is to talk to people interested in buying here. Again, I don't find being called a liar or told that my car costs 77k when that is simply not true. But how much do I expect someone to read all this and not have a negative opinion. I would. But agreed I would prefer a classified area. I have to repost this weekend and only communicate with PM. I gave up on this thread. Sad

Reactions: Sunshine State
All this time I thought my engineering degree and Architect title gave me some mathematical latitude. Actually I don't need to subtract anything. I gave a price. You can subtract to validate whether that is reasonable. Your assumptions are as flawed as ur tiny hands.
Fact: Vehicle was 95k at purchase.
Fact: Vehicle configured new with the same options is 95.8k
Fact: My vehicle is on sale for 70k. Really 67k.
Fact: My vehicle has upgrades that cannot be configured. *Tint, pedals and calipers etc.
Facts: Tax credits are have eligibility requirement and may not be applicable both Federally or Statewide. I assume that everyone can make an accessment to whether the credits apply and what their actual costs are.
Fact: You made up 77K, you have tiny hands, and no one likes you.

I don't mean to and hopefully i'm not threadcrapping but I have tried to read through all the posts and I was a little confused on a few things. Maybe you can clear those up either in this thread or a new sales thread that you said you would probably create this weekend.

• You purchased with 22K, are you the original Owner? was this an inventory purchase then? In which case you can help the next buyer purchase extended warranty before you transfer, else I don't believe they can get it, this just needs some clarifying. You mention " 37,500 miles and extended warranty eligible. 8/100k. I purchased with 22,000 miles and I have put 14,000 miles on it."
  • When does the warranty expire , is it the original 22K+50K more? should probably clarify that.
  • Confirm(Build sheet says 70D and then you upgraded to 75 etc etc) but title of thread says 75S, I would suggest you fix that in the new thread or ask the mods to fix this one to say 75D .
  • I was also confused as you posted photos of the Red X and said this " I intended to keep both but now want to sell the X" maybe that was in jest...
Anyway, the car looks great, its got an awesome set of options, I just think you need to clarify some of the items above as they are a little confusing/missing as you read through the different threads.. Good Luck with the sale, the market will dictate the price, if someone wants to but at your price then that's what they will do, bites and offers will provide you with the feedback you need and determine where you want to go with it.

Reactions: Lee_B