Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Offline maps SUCK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car has basic maps loaded to it but much more “bigger picture”. It relies on consistent cell signal to download the rest of the map. It’s much easier in computing power and whatnot to download what is needed at that moment. Stinks for being in the middle of nowhere but it’ll still get you there if you put in the destination.

I’ll eat my shoe if we ever get either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. The backup for being in BFE and no signal is to download Offline maps in Google Maps or whatever your favorite nav app is.

I am planning on getting my first Tesla model Y in a couple of months. Problem is I frequently travel to very remote areas for hiking where there is no cell service for dozens of miles. Apple and Google maps useless in the mountains. But my Garmin GPS works where cell phone navigation doesn’t. The Garmin comes with preloaded, updatable maps for all of North America. Is there any similar option to download maps for the entire country to use with the Tesla screen?

Reactions: CO_MY
I am planning on getting my first Tesla model Y in a couple of months. Problem is I frequently travel to very remote areas for hiking where there is no cell service for dozens of miles. Apple and Google maps useless in the mountains. But my Garmin GPS works where cell phone navigation doesn’t. The Garmin comes with preloaded, updatable maps for all of North America. Is there any similar option to download maps for the entire country to use with the Tesla screen?
No there is not

• Informative
Reactions: Rg3500