Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Offsite parking for Teslas at Newark International Airport?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just booked Hilton Newark Indoor parking which PlugShare says they has 110v outlets. Very close to terminals and shuttle every 20mins. It is about $8-$10/day depending on what website. I used www.way.com because it was the best price at the time of booking. Note that there are cheaper Outdoor and Rooftop parking but I don't think these have outlets. I hope to have keep it 80% charged despite vampire drain from cold temps and sentry mode on. I will report back once I come back from my 30 day Dec/Jan trip.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
I just booked Hilton Newark Indoor parking which PlugShare says they has 110v outlets. Very close to terminals and shuttle every 20mins. It is about $8-$10/day depending on what website. I used www.way.com because it was the best price at the time of booking. Note that there are cheaper Outdoor and Rooftop parking but I don't think these have outlets. I hope to have keep it 80% charged despite vampire drain from cold temps and sentry mode on. I will report back once I come back from my 30 day Dec/Jan trip.
how was your experience? Planning a 20 day trip in July and wondering if I should take my wife's gas car or my Tesla MY

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
You park, plug in, and charge on your own?

No you can't. They have 2 parking options, valet and self park.

If you self park, you do not get to charge.
If you valet it, they park your car and then put it on the charger at appropriate times.

I've used them 3 times with the Tesla and dozens of times without the Tesla. I have never had an issue with them with a ICE car. They're prepped, warmed up, great service. With the Tesla..

1st time, I had to call the day before as my car was below 20 miles out in the cold...they didn't put it on the charger. The next day I was coming back and it was supposed to go on the charger that day...it didn't go. Half a dozen calls later my car went on the charger. Luckily I had a long flight and I had enough to get me going, but I ended up having to find a SC on the way home - this was before SCs were plentiful.

If that was my 1st and only time, I would have never used them again. But as previously stated, I never had an issue with ICE cars so I gave them additional tries. 2nd & 3rd times, went without a hiccup. They put the car on the charger the morning of arrival and took it off around 80%.