Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy. It's here.... Oh boy. Oh boy.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats, yes gray is the best color..... :)

And I wouldn't worry too much about (as someone else posted here) doing regular "performance verifications"--it comes with the territory.... Just check the surroundings ahead to be sure it is safe.

Enjoy!

-m

I park my car outside even through the NY winter we just had. No problems at all. I have my 14-50 outlet just inside the garage door and the UMC reaches if I back onto the driveway. My wife was having a problem doing that easily so I purchased a Cambro 25 foot ext cord. My wife blames her problems on the lack of guidelines. I blame them on her Driver's ED teacher back in high school.

I only took one other one at delivery...
IMG_4824.JPG

I think the dark grey (Dolphin Grey) has a regal look. I was hesitant to get the red brake calipers, however, I think it really makes the car. They pop.

I wish they would have come out with a set of Turbine rims in 19's. But the cyclone looks pretty damn good. The calipers do stand out... Alot!

The brakes are squealing a little bit when I come to a stop. This is largely due to lack of use really. It'll stop after a little high speed breaking. However, I'm getting used to regen braking and timing to get the light/car in front of me. I'm used to braking around corners as I'm used to driving an SUV. No braking around corners in the Tesla. This is one heavy car!
Tapped my first curb stone... Damnit!
Still getting used to parking it appropriately between the lines... This car is really wide!
Am thinking of turning off Range Mode for around the City. I sometimes use the app to check in on my baby and have to wait for it to wake up. I wonder how much extra power it's going to use?
Set the charge time to 5am. Makes sense as I usually leave around 8:30. Love this feature.
Noticed a bug in the IOS app. It doesn't always show the temp under climate. I get that the car is waking up, however, reading the temp should be fairly easy. Going to see what happens when I tell it not to sleep.
The carpets move around... A minor annoyance.
The center screen locked up... Tight! Had to reboot and all was well. This may be due to me running the app on my iPhone. The car's sleep patterns are sporadic. Tesla has also been keeping an eye on a power anomaly I experienced. Perhaps too many hands in the soup. What can I say... I can't help it!
Should have bought the cover for the trunk. I liked the vanity cover in the back of my SUV. It kept trunk contents from prying eyes.
Tesla moment #2: Had someone pull up next to me really slowly at a light on a main road in a very nice pickup. He glanced. Moved forward and then moved back to align side windows. You could tell this guy was a "car guy". "What car is that?" he asked. I replied with "It's a Tesla". "Beautiful car, amazing lines, congratulations..." he responded. I'm getting used to constantly saying thank you.

It just never gets old. I'm driving to the service center this morning at 11:00 to have my shiny new yacht floor installed (yes, I fell into their loaner trap). How crazy that I am happy to have a 33 mile drive one way, mostly highway? Even after a year?

Now you have the whole weekend to drive and enjoy, glad it's bringing you the same joy as the rest of us!!!

Nice! I'm an IT guy as well. taking delivery next week of my new P85+ Black/Black. so excited!

I've not had it for a week. Still at that excited to go for a ride phase. Wonder if it ever wears off?

Congrats as well! I'll repeat the same words everyone else on here says "you'll love it". You definitely will be able to see the car's roots. It's definitely designed by IT people.