Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh boy, there is going to be some learning curve for model 3 owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh boy, parked but not plugged in, we waited 15 minutes for someone else to pull out.
8D45383C-740C-4EAB-ABA4-7F58AAA0B167.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't advocate this, but you could have plugged him in, gotten him some idle fees.
I certainly wouldn't have advocated that before the note was littered and seemingly purposefully driven over. After that, I strongly advocate for it, especially given what was said above: the owner probably works for a company (SpaceX/Tesla) that would imply he or she knows better.

Not necessarily an employee of Tesla. Direct Tesla employees would know better, at least the car end of the company although I'm sure those at SpaceX, the gigafactory, and solar end know this from their own company parking lots. I'm thinking this was more likely a family or friend that got use of the car through an employee. Personally I think every EV car sold, Telsa or other, should come with parking instructions. Doubt anyone out there is having this as an initial document. This is just so wrong to think you are entitled to park in an EV spot and not charge.

Hey could have posted their VIN number and web shamed them. I bet someone at Tesla would take notice of an early car doing this and look up the owner.

I didn’t want to go that far by web shamed him, I just have a feeling that we would need to be patient with model 3 owners to learn how to be considerate with superchargers.

People will not care for others until they have to experience and wait for a charger from someone who does this to them.

Worst part is that is most likely a Tesla employee

That was... Vegas near downtown?

Yeah. Not good. An extra minute of education added to the delivery walkthrough and helpful pop-up reminders via Nav upon SC arrival (for the first 10,000 miles or 20 visits) would go a long way.

As would geofenced parking fees, but that would be crazy talk.

Oh - and better signage, e.g., municipal no parking image followed by “except for EVs when charging. Fines/towing may apply.”

Well.. This was almost as bad as the Ford that somehow managed to park at such a crooked angle they took up two Tesla spots at my local mall. I really hope they include some sort of document with delivery that explains proper etiquette. And shame on them for littering.