Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh calamity! I can't pre-warm my seat since the 2021 holiday update!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What am I doing wrong?
I used to touch my seat on my android app to make sure the seat was warm when I arrive at the car.
Unfortunately, it used to also turn on the air heating whenever I did this.

But now, after the 2021 holiday update, when I get to the car the air heating is on (or maybe only when I get to the car!) but my seat is freezing cold still!

My butt is freezing cold this way! I don't think anyone can start driving with a cold butt. Oh help me Elon!!

Workaround? Bug report? Sympathy?

What am I doing wrong?
I used to touch my seat on my android app to make sure the seat was warm when I arrive at the car.

But now, after the 2021 holiday update, when I get to the car the air heating is on (or maybe only when I get to the car!) but my seat is freezing cold still!

My butt is freezing cold this way! I don't think anyone can start driving with a cold butt. Oh help me Elon!!

It sounds like it might be a conflict with the new Auto setting for the heated seats. You can try playing around with the heated seat settings in the car UI and then try the phone app again. I'll check this with the Android app tomorrow and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Reactions: allelectrified
Open your app and then climate and then simply touch the bacon on the seat.

Seat Heat.jpg

"Set (my) seat heater to (1,2 or 3)."

"My butt is cold" turns on all seat heaters.
You can replace "my" with "driver", "passenger", "rear left", etc. I typically say "The driver's ass is cold" or "The driver's ass is hot" and it works great. You can also say "turn off all set heaters" or "Set right rear seat heater to 2" as example. Almost all commands worked for me except "The driver's ass is on fire" which did nothing but (as I recall) I thought was funny 😄

What am I doing wrong?

Works for me...