Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh crap, price drop after order but before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our DM confirmed the car came as SR, but he got confirm from corporate that they will unlock and upgrade the range over the air before I pick it up. Also confirmed FSD.
Now they’re saying we can either get the LR or FSD, but not both. We didn’t even realize until we got the MVPA where we were charged $8k for AP plus FSD, which is pretty shady imo.

Now they’re saying we can either get the LR or FSD, but not both. We didn’t even realize until we got the MVPA where we were charged $8k for AP plus FSD, which is pretty shady imo.
Our delivery was delayed a week at our request due to the weather and the Y event. They did call on Wednesday and I asked about the FSD discount. She said I should see the updated price in 24 to 48 hours. If it's not correct by tomorrow, I guess we'll be calling or stopping by to discuss it.

So my SR order became a full 100D
You got LR in lieu of SR? What about FSD?

I was told that I could either get:

1. Free range upgrade, but a downgrade of my purchased EAP to AP (with a $2k refund)

OR

2. No range upgrade, but free upgrade to FSD

Anyone who ordered a SR with EAP able to get BOTH a range upgrade to LR and FSD for free willing to DM me the last six of their VIN or a copy of the breakdown in their MVPA? My DM is asking for proof that others have gotten both. I am holding off on delivery today hoping I can have something to show him since he said the process would be more difficult once I accept delivery. It would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I saw people who got deliveries earlier in the week got both FSD and LR as free upgrades. But when I went to the delivery associate yesterday he mentioned that now only of them is free. I am in favor of choosing FSD over long range even if they say that LR is 8k worth more.

I want to know if any of you have any idea about battery degradation in software limited battery pack. I owned a tesla before and after the first 20k miles the battery degraded by 5%. In the SR version will there be a proportional degradation or will it stay at 270 mile range?

I am confused. Did you actually pick up the car? I wouldn’t panic until the car shows up. I am not seeing any SR 100d floating around. The sales staff are not what I call reliable sources.

Yes I ordered a short range and got a regular 100d. I ordered eap, I have to request fsd as my order fell within the free period. As I said, there is an email about it to the delivery staff.

The fsd provides nothing of value for the near future, the extra range will get you more in terms of value anyway.

You got LR in lieu of SR? What about FSD?

I was told that I could either get:

1. Free range upgrade, but a downgrade of my purchased EAP to AP (with a $2k refund)

OR

2. No range upgrade, but free upgrade to FSD

Anyone who ordered a SR with EAP able to get BOTH a range upgrade to LR and FSD for free willing to DM me the last six of their VIN or a copy of the breakdown in their MVPA? My DM is asking for proof that others have gotten both. I am holding off on delivery today hoping I can have something to show him since he said the process would be more difficult once I accept delivery. It would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Vitaman
I am confused. Did you actually pick up the car? I wouldn’t panic until the car shows up. I am not seeing any SR 100d floating around. The sales staff are not what I call reliable sources.

Yes I ordered a short range and got a regular 100d. I ordered eap, I have to request fsd as my order fell within the free period. As I said, there is an email about it to the delivery staff.

The fsd provides nothing of value for the near future, the extra range will get you more in terms of value anyway.

I ended up taking delivery of the car yesterday evening because it didn’t seem like anyone was willing to provide me the confirmation my delivery team was requesting. They only offered one or the other as a free upgrade, either LR with regular autopilot no EAP/FSD, or software locked SR with EAP/FSD upgraded for no extra cost. The delivery team said that was the instruction given to them by corporate

I ended up taking delivery of the car yesterday evening because it didn’t seem like anyone was willing to provide me the confirmation my delivery team was requesting. They only offered one or the other as a free upgrade, either LR with regular autopilot no EAP/FSD, or software locked SR with EAP/FSD upgraded for no extra cost. The delivery team said that was the instruction given to them by corporate

Which free option did you choose eventually? FSD or LR battery? I have my delivery scheduled on Tuesday. They added 3K to my final price to give LR and FSD together. I am leaning towards just taking FSD and forego the LR option without increase in price. Let me know what you chose and the reasoning behind it. Thank you!

Which free option did you choose eventually? FSD or LR battery? I have my delivery scheduled on Tuesday. They added 3K to my final price to give LR and FSD together. I am leaning towards just taking FSD and forego the LR option without increase in price. Let me know what you chose and the reasoning behind it. Thank you!

Chose FSD. Reason being LR is only 25 miles extra which i don’t find that significant, and for me one of the main reasons i buy a Tesla is for the unique tech which i think fsd is more representative of. I never thought long range/25 miles extra was worth $8k to begin with. Plus the regular autopilot is really nothing now...no summon, etc

C0450475-D17A-4419-8DFA-0D10601FDD77.jpeg
7EC22AD0-2058-45F0-932E-76589AC0F8D2.jpeg
PWeird I didn’t get the fsd as delivered, j have submitted a ticket to get fsd, but the guy hasn’t responded that he actually did it...

I confirmed I got the LR though picture taken at 99%

View attachment 388103 View attachment 388102 PWeird I didn’t get the fsd as delivered, j have submitted a ticket to get fsd, but the guy hasn’t responded that he actually did it...

I confirmed I got the LR though picture taken at 99%

My delivery guy filed a ticket for me to get FSD. He was told the updates will happen in the April timeframe, I guess I just have to hope he is not lying and I will get it like they said. What day did you order your car?

I actually charged my car today for the first time and looks like they actually DID give me LR along with the FSD (although similar to you won’t know for sure until i get the over the air update)

Can you post a picture of the bottom part of your window sticker?

Just charge it to 100% and see if it is 293-295 miles. I don't think they made any 100D SR car.

As far as the FSD, I am guessing you will only see it in your own portal? If the option isnt there, I guess you have it? I was told it would be April for me anyway, whatever, there is nothing on there anyway that makes it different than EAP.

We are getting LR and FSD on ours at no extra cost. The price didn't show up for a week but it least it is finally correct. Taking delivery today.

Hard to believe we are getting a fully loaded non-performance Long Range X for less than we paid for an S 90D just over two years ago. :cool: