Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh crap, price drop after order but before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a car on order that is effected by the new decrease in AP price ($2K). Will I get that since I haven't taken delivery or am I SOL?

Contact your DS, he emailed me some info:

• Customer who have currently undelivered orders will receive one of two AutoPilot packages:
  • If they do not have any AP package configured, they will get the new Autopilot base package
  • If they have Enhanced AP in their build, they will get Full Self Driving which includes navigate on AP, Summon, Autopark, and all future updates

Basically, the pricing won’t change to the vehicle itself, but you will get some awesome tech to make up for it!

Yeah same here. I went with the limited 270mi range.

Same model is now 4K cheaper than mine

Delivery date is for sometime next week
270 mile option is no longer an option even. That lasted all of a month or less. I had an X ordered prior to that announcement. They actually let me cancel prior order and start a new order with the 270 mi option. They applied my original deposit against the new car (plus I had to make another deposit when I ordered). Anyway, long story short, it worked but I had to start fresh on the delivery date. Now my vehicle is due in 2 weeks and I wouldn't want to go through that again. I wish they would just upgrade me at this point to the 295 range and call it a day.

I am in the same boat as you. My sticker was 104500, now I can get the long range for only 3k more versus 8k more prior. Annoying.

I got in touch with my DS and he sent me the info above your post.

Im not sure how to feel about the “compensation”. Do I prefer free FSD or the “long range” battery. FSD sounds cool but I wonder if it’ll ever come to fruition and will it have the new software 3.0

I got in touch with my DS and he sent me the info above your post.

Im not sure how to feel about the “compensation”. Do I prefer free FSD or the “long range” battery. FSD sounds cool but I wonder if it’ll ever come to fruition and will it have the new software 3.0
And how do you get in touch so quickly?? My DS takes days sometimes weeks before a reply to my emails.

I checked the current build sheet versus the one from 4 weeks ago and it looks like our price stayed the same but now we have the long range instead of the standard range. What's odd is that it says X 100D instead of X Long Range. Is anyone else setting this?

I checked the current build sheet versus the one from 4 weeks ago and it looks like our price stayed the same but now we have the long range instead of the standard range. What's odd is that it says X 100D instead of X Long Range. Is anyone else setting this?

Mine says Long Range next to “view spec”
and once I click in view spec the next page says “Model X Performance” although I never opted for performance

You guys are right. Mine turned into Long Range too, so essentially we got a free upgrade? I am guessing no one ordered the 100D ER so they just cancelled it.

If Fer M is right, that means I got FSD with the EAP for $5K instead of $8K. Score!

I hope the info is correct. Long range plus FSD would be optimal. I’m haply with just FSD but the LR is sweet.

Anybody else’s say Model X performance when you click on View Spec?