Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh crap, price drop after order but before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are right. Mine turned into Long Range too, so essentially we got a free upgrade? I am guessing no one ordered the 100D ER so they just cancelled it.

If Fer M is right, that means I got FSD with the EAP for $5K instead of $8K. Score!
You got the grandfathered EAP for $5k, which includes "some" of the current-FSD features and the associated future updates just like everyone else who's ordered EAP. You do not get the other FSD features (currently listed as light/stop sign and Navigate on AP on local streets to be available later this year) if you don't add FSD.

I hope the info is correct. Long range plus FSD would be optimal. I’m haply with just FSD but the LR is sweet.

Anybody else’s say Model X performance when you click on View Spec?

If you ordered EAP at $5K, I guess we both got the $8K AP+FSD upgrade assuming you are right.

Yes the LR is an extra bonus, but the 8% is like 15 miles and I never charge to 100%. If I get it, it's a bonus. It makes sense because not a single SR has been delivered yet?

Yes mine says Model X Performance on the spec sheet, but all the pricing and stuff are the same.

If I get a free P upgrade, I will go buy a Model 3

Your Vehicle

You got the grandfathered EAP for $5k, which includes "some" of the current-FSD features and the associated future updates just like everyone else who's ordered EAP. You do not get the other FSD features (currently listed as light/stop sign and Navigate on AP on local streets to be available later this year) if you don't add FSD.

It's possible, then Fer M and I just got screwed out of $2K. Let's see what happens in a month when we get our cars. Plot thickens.

I wonder if they will still do a SR battery lock or if they think it is too much work and just give it to us. I asked this before, but I don't think any SR have been delivered yet.

It's possible, then Fer M and I just got screwed out of $2K. Let's see what happens in a month when we get our cars. Plot thickens.

I wonder if they will still do a SR battery lock or if they think it is too much work and just give it to us. I asked this before, but I don't think any SR have been delivered yet.

Im thinking of going in to Tesla SF and having a chat with them. Pull up my current build and compare to whats now available. If I have to cancel and reorder so be it.

If I were to pick the same options today, adding FSD would only cost me another 1k or so.

You will lose your 2500 deposit, so you probably won't end up coming ahead.

At this point, I would just wait and let them surprise me. With these people losing their job, it's best to let it be. Also most are just low level staff, not that they know anything. I would wait and see when our cars are in production. Did you get a delivery date?

Mine says Long Range next to “view spec”
and once I click in view spec the next page says “Model X Performance” although I never opted for performance

I hope the info is correct. Long range plus FSD would be optimal. I’m haply with just FSD but the LR is sweet.

Anybody else’s say Model X performance when you click on View Spec?

Ours has been updated too. It now says Long Range next to the View Spec link and when I click the link, it now shows Model X Performance instead of Model X 100D. I believe the Long Range is correct but they still need to fix the display in the specs sheet.

BTW, we had previously ordered both EAP and FSD so there was no change for us on those.

At this point, I would just wait and let them surprise me. With these people losing their job, it's best to let it be. Also most are just low level staff, not that they know anything. I would wait and see when our cars are in production. Did you get a delivery date?
I already cancelled once due to pricing change. They took my first deposit and applied to second order. Plus I had to put down another 2500. At least I get more points on my credit card.

Im not worried about losing $2500, not that I’d like to but I’m comfortable with it.

That’s another thing, people losing their jobs, downsizing, closing stores. It’s as though they’re struggling to stay afloat. And will they slash prices further in the future when the competition is out?

Will they go bankrupt? I’m getting a lil worried

• Disagree
Reactions: X Fan
Im not worried about losing $2500, not that I’d like to but I’m comfortable with it.

That’s another thing, people losing their jobs, downsizing, closing stores. It’s as though they’re struggling to stay afloat. And will they slash prices further in the future when the competition is out?

Will they go bankrupt? I’m getting a lil worried

Unless they are going to keep the 2000 orders between Jan-Feb with a special locked 100D, I am not sure why you have to take the $2500 bath on it? It makes no sense. The EAP is a little different, but we basically paid $2K for summon and autopark......

What competition? Everyone talks, no one has come out with a car. It's been 3 years since the Model X came out, it will be another 3 years before there is another competitor.

I have a car on order that is effected by the new decrease in AP price ($2K). Will I get that since I haven't taken delivery or am I SOL?

Any updates from your DS on the price drop? We ordered our MX100d + EAP + 6 seats + Silver Paint early January and total build was $108,500. Now for the same build with EAP AND FSD is $103,500. Delivery expected next week 3/8.

Service Center told us today they would upgrade us to FSD. If we've taken delivery already I would shrug it off, but since we haven't taken delivery I feel like they should price match.

Any updates from your DS on the price drop? We ordered our MX100d + EAP + 6 seats + Silver Paint early January and total build was $108,500. Now for the same build with EAP AND FSD is $103,500. Delivery expected next week 3/8.

Service Center told us today they would upgrade us to FSD. If we've taken delivery already I would shrug it off, but since we haven't taken delivery I feel like they should price match.

I didn't get anything and to be honest I don't expect a call until the car is ready. As I said, those guys are getting laid off and they are probably swamped. There is nothing that can happen at this point anyway. Remember most of these guys are just low level workers, they won't know anything. I would just let it be. Even at most, I am screwed out of $2k, you are in much worse shape than I am.

In your situation since the difference is quite large, I would consider "cancelling" the order, pay the $2500 and reorder if you have to. Tesla has not been consistent with these things, we just have to let it play out. I am curious what my maroney sticker is going to say.

Did you check your spec sheet online? Ours already updated with the new, lower prices.

upload_2019-3-1_13-59-58.png

View attachment 382010

They gave me the free Long Range upgrade it appears, but total is the same. $5K for EAP

View attachment 382011
Like the others, mine says Long Range in my account and Performance in the Spec sheet. However, I called my delivery center and my rep said that I will still be getting the old standard range. I’m thinking that this is just a bug that they haven’t fixed, but hoping I’m wrong.

Contact your DS, he emailed me some info:

• Customer who have currently undelivered orders will receive one of two AutoPilot packages:
  • If they do not have any AP package configured, they will get the new Autopilot base package
  • If they have Enhanced AP in their build, they will get Full Self Driving which includes navigate on AP, Summon, Autopark, and all future updates

Basically, the pricing won’t change to the vehicle itself, but you will get some awesome tech to make up for it!
My rep told me the same thing. As compensation for changes, Tesla will offer FSD for anyone who ordered EAP and AP for anyone who didn’t order autopilot. This brings me to believe that they will still be delivering standard range vehicles instead of upgrading everyone to Long Range.

I tried arguing that as Standard vs. Long Range was an $8k difference, everyone who ordered Standard range should receive free FSD (an $8k option now) and get their autopilot option refunded. My rep said they expect to hear more details tonight from HQ.