Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh crap, price drop after order but before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery guy filed a ticket for me to get FSD. He was told the updates will happen in the April timeframe, I guess I just have to hope he is not lying and I will get it like they said. What day did you order your car?
I’ve been told the same thing but when I login to my account, I see an option there to pay to upgrade to FSD (which as of today is $5K instead of $2K previously). Do you see the same in your account? Please be sure to update us if/when you actually get the ota update. I’ll do the same.

Just leave it. As long as they have a ticket in, you just have to hope they honor it. It is supposed to be done in April. Just have patience there is nothing on fsd now anyway. Tesla better do something different because what we have now is not really close to fsd, too many bugs and errors. In 2019.8 the false braking was way better, 2019.5 is horrible with phantom braking

Just leave it. As long as they have a ticket in, you just have to hope they honor it. It is supposed to be done in April. Just have patience there is nothing on fsd now anyway. Tesla better do something different because what we have now is not really close to fsd, too many bugs and errors. In 2019.8 the false braking was way better, 2019.5 is horrible with phantom braking
Ya that’s what I’m hoping. Definitely not worth paying to upgrade. We’ll see what happens!

C00DD909-018D-45E1-8977-F34F4105464E.jpeg
Can you post a picture of the bottom part of your window sticker?

Just charge it to 100% and see if it is 293-295 miles. I don't think they made any 100D SR car.

As far as the FSD, I am guessing you will only see it in your own portal? If the option isnt there, I guess you have it? I was told it would be April for me anyway, whatever, there is nothing on there anyway that makes it different than EAP.
Here’s the sticker. It is long range - guess the DC got their signals crossed.

View attachment 390214
Here’s the sticker. It is long range - guess the DC got their signals crossed.
Notice that note above the Fuel Economy section "Vehicle has been ordered with 270 miles of electric range...may be delivered at higher range so you can evaluate upgrading." I ordered SR, and my sticker has this same note, but I am definitely able to charge to 295 (LR) miles. I'm guessing/hoping that, since the SR was only available for a short time and the LR price was effectively reduced to the old SR price, they are unlikely to take the range away from those few who ordered SR.

Good catch I didn’t even see it on mine

Notice that note above the Fuel Economy section "Vehicle has been ordered with 270 miles of electric range...may be delivered at higher range so you can evaluate upgrading." I ordered SR, and my sticker has this same note, but I am definitely able to charge to 295 (LR) miles. I'm guessing/hoping that, since the SR was only available for a short time and the LR price was effectively reduced to the old SR price, they are unlikely to take the range away from those few who ordered SR.

I've been watching this thread with great interest having ordered a Model X on Feb 25th (my first Tesla) with standard range (before the consolidation to the current options of Long Range and Performance) and with "Enhanced Autopilot" which was a $5k option. I also ordered the 6-seat configuration and requested an "off the menu" item which was the center console for the 2nd row seats. This item was confirmed to be available and was offered at no additional charge.

I was all set....

Shortly after placing my order, Tesla made one of many changes to their ordering construct which included removal of the "standard range" as well as a bifurcation of the Autopilot and FSD features into 2 separate items. I contacted my sales associate at the Pasadena Store who, after researching the situation, (which must have been a challenge given that his job had just been targeted for termination) informed me that I'd be getting the long range version (which was an $8k upgrade 2 days before i placed my order) as well as FSD as a consideration to the fact that i ordered enhanced autopilot. I was quite pleased hearing this - but the drama was nowhere near over on my journey to getting this MX into my name.

Once my VIN was assigned and it was time to close the deal on my lease...i received a lease deal via email which differed from my quoted price by $250/month. The main culprit for the delta between my quoted price and the price i was being offered was a $4k residual value drop. Gulp. When i contacted Tesla I was initially told that i was mis-quoted. After a bit of back and forth I was ultimately asked what i wanted to pay? Keeping my "as little as possible" response to myself... I told them that I only wanted what I was originally quoted for the MX. They turned around a new contract reflecting what i was originally quoted...so i signed it and kept my fingers crossed the bumpy road to owning this thing would smooth out amidst all the Elon/Tesla/Investor noise circling this company.

Worth noting that i also had "P100D" as the indicated version in production according to the Tesla portal - however my luck did not extend this far as on the day of delivery - I ultimately landed (and it literally felt like this fish could jump off the line at any moment) my MX 100D trophy!

The MX has been a dream so far and I'm appreciative for what Tesla has brought to market and how transcendental the whole ownership experience has been so far. The only concern i'm left with (at the moment) is that i'm still being told i can upgrade to FSD for $5k at Tesla.com...although my sales person has insisted that'll eventually go away and that will be included in what i've already purchased.

As a new owner that overcame my concerns and took the leap into the future (which is 15 years old already?!)....I really hope Tesla dials in the purchase experience amidst all the challenges the company is facing. My concern is that folks who are paying attention to the SEC/quarterly earnings/bad service/bad PR/good PR/price and strategy fluctuations/etc etc will delay buying a Tesla in these moments for any one of the myriad of fears that come from these issues.

I’ve been told the same thing but when I login to my account, I see an option there to pay to upgrade to FSD (which as of today is $5K instead of $2K previously). Do you see the same in your account? Please be sure to update us if/when you actually get the ota update. I’ll do the same.

I ordered my Model X on 1/30 and took delivery on 3/12. My SA and DS both told me I will get FSD for free before delivery. My DS told me it will upgrade automatically within two weeks; however, I could still see the option to pay to upgrade to FSD yesterday, so I decided to call customer service. I followed up the status this morning with online chatting (he asked me for the screenshot of text message from my SA), after 10 mins waiting, he told me FSD has attached to my vehicle and suggested me to call service center to confirm it. After conversation with service centre, I confirmed I got FSD for free.

I was in the same boat as most as far as timing of purchase and offerings. Overall I ended up with Long Range and Enhanced. I was told I would be getting FSD for free with in 30 days of
Purchase. That did not happen. It was still showing on the website when I logged in. So I sent support a message through the website. They looked into. Asked me for
Communication showing that I was to get it, which I had from my DS. Today I logged in and FSD is no longer a purchasable option. Nothing felt polished about the process, but they did come
Through on their promises.

I was in the same boat as most as far as timing of purchase and offerings. Overall I ended up with Long Range and Enhanced. I was told I would be getting FSD for free with in 30 days of
Purchase. That did not happen. It was still showing on the website when I logged in. So I sent support a message through the website. They looked into. Asked me for
Communication showing that I was to get it, which I had from my DS. Today I logged in and FSD is no longer a purchasable option. Nothing felt polished about the process, but they did come
Through on their promises.
Now how do I actually confirm
When the vehicle actually physically receives this?

My self driving option to purchase is gone from my account portal? Can someone with FSD and without FSD log in to see what they see please?
I am in the same situation as you (purchased EAP with a new vehicle in Jan/Feb time frame when FSD was not an option to add in the order configuration). I no longer have the option to purchase FSD. I am assuming that they came through on their promise and upgraded us like they said they would. I have an appointment at the SC this Wednesday, so I will try to confirm then.

I ordered my Model X on 1/30 and took delivery on 3/12. My SA and DS both told me I will get FSD for free before delivery. My DS told me it will upgrade automatically within two weeks; however, I could still see the option to pay to upgrade to FSD yesterday, so I decided to call customer service. I followed up the status this morning with online chatting (he asked me for the screenshot of text message from my SA), after 10 mins waiting, he told me FSD has attached to my vehicle and suggested me to call service center to confirm it. After conversation with service centre, I confirmed I got FSD for free.

Thanks for confirming. I emailed the service center today and got a response back that my car received the ota FSD upgrade on 4/16. Just logged into my account and the 'FSD Upgrade' option no longer appears. I'm going to see if I can confirm the FSD upgrade using the API. Will report back

I probably did miss it by two or threee weeks. I got my car in mid March. I have working dash cam, so I think that’s a sign I don’t have it.
Sounds like it. I took delivery at the end of March. At least your dash cam works, though. The SC said they staged me for the latest software update that's supposed to enable DashCam, Sentry Mode, etc. for the HW3 platform, but I have yet to see it.