Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh Elon Musk, Oh Elon Musk, please re-lease 100D [tune of Oh Christmas tree]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same boat for me... in Canada the P100D is over $50,000 more than the 90D which I just won't justify. I've ordered my 90D with Feb delivery thinking that Tesla is trying to sell as many cars before end of quarter as possible and the price gap probably has people buying up the inventory cars which they can deliver quickly. My guess is early Jan we will see the 100D released which I should be able to upgrade to before production. That's my plan anyways... :fingerscrossed:

However... my "plan" may backfire. The prices went up on the 90D since I bought so the cost to upgrade may include buying the Model X at the new 100D price vs the old 90D price. Sooooo, depending on the price I will make a decision at that time. Resale would be better on a 100D I would think.

Resale would be better on a 100D I would think.
I suppose that would depend on the moment of selling, and the battery upgrades to become available shortly after you 90/100. Suppose you sell after 3 years. But half a year from now a 125D is launched. Your resale will then be also related to the price a 125D can fetch after 25 years.
I know, larger batteries are my pet peeve on here, but something to consider, as difficult as they may be to predict.

Watching for the next event. Apparently users have reported the website configurator being updated to make the white premium seats available in more Model S configurations. So some tweaking is going on; even during Christmas.

Thanks for all of the follow up posts of those of you standing at the gate, ready for x 100D configuration. Tesla, we're here...

When the 8.x drops... finger's crossed that the X100D appears in the configurator.

When can I configure and purchase an X 100D this year?

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an X at any time. Even before Jan 1. Pre-approved, etc. Watching for 100D since last quarter.

The message to Tesla is: if I order a 90D today [regrets aside] Tesla will be leaving $$$ on the table that I would commit to a 100D.

Right now there is a huge price gap between a loaded 90D and the P100D.
Love the P100D product, just it is not practical in any real volume. Try explaining the difference to your significant other.

Bring X 100D to the masses. [ Just me would be ok, too.]

Comment if you're watching for an X 100D & ready to pull the trigger.
Most likely won't be released until Q2 of 2017. Pretty sure that there are still tons of demand for P100D in Q1.

Reactions: wesley888
Depends on what "released" meant. They were both introduced as models for the X together -- just as the Model S. However, when the X was build began for non-signature/founders X's in early 2016 Tesla indicated they would build ONLY P90D's first and the 90D vehicle would follow after July. After waiting 3 1/2 years, I bit the bullet and ordered the P90D to move potential delivery up when invited to configure. The reality was the 90D build was much sooner than July 2016. P90D's and 90D's were coming off the line after April, and some 90Ds were delivered before my P90D in late April. The time frame for initial deliveries of both (following Signature/Founders) were within a couple of months of one another. The 5-Seat was delayed until recently.

Pretty sure more people are waiting for a 100D than are prepared to order a P100DL short notice.

Or...could Tesla be trying to bridge that option to a 2170 S&X pack to be produced in bulk, as practice run for Model 3 packs? 100D may end up being a lowly optioned version, bought by people who care more about range than features. Could end up a relatively low margin car, despite the crazy charge (no pun intended) for larger packs.