Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh hell naw!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
VgBA1OY.jpg

I'm not driving a car with a Prius looking interior.
That looks ugly.

That picture has been around for many months. I remember seeing it last year at some point.
I believe its from inside the silver prototype.

If you don't like it, don't drive it, as I'm pretty sure that is what the interior will look like.
Hopefully the UI will be a bit more refined though.

I think the big difference is going to be how much lower the dashboard (and hood) are going to be compared to most cars with an engine in front. It looks like the dash is only a few inches above the center of the steering wheel.

I suspect forward visibility is going to be great.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Geeze, that's the pits if that is the final layout. Sharp edges... Looks like an iPad super-glued to the dash slightly tilted toward driver. I'm probably in the minority, but I just dont like. If it was integrated into the dash (flush?) somehow, MAYBE I'd be OK with it. But as this shows, I will be sticking with my S. For ever. o_O

I couldn't care less how the dash looks, and I've been fine with the "floating" display since the reveal.

*shrugs*

All about personal taste for sure. I just can;t imagine how many times I'm going to hit my leg, arm, etc., on it. It just looks too "open" for me. Maybe it can be removed and put under the seat? :D

Have to agree I just don't like that floating screen. However, if it is properly integrated to the middle of the dash then it would be great.

Can you imagine the dust and dirt collected behind that screen if it ended up like that? What possible reason can there be to not integrating fully to dash?

I don't see how they can integrate the screen into the dash.
Since it's the only display (unless hud has been confirmed?) the display would be too low to safely see your speed.
Instead of tilting your eyes, you'd have to tilt your head.

I think there may be some desire to make the screen adjustable as well. I am guessing you will be able to move the screen left and right to get the best angle and to give the passenger an opportunity to get a good angle on the screen if they are helping with navigation or choosing music.
I kind of hope they don't make adjustable. I want the screen to be as solid as possible. While I have no issues with the appearance of the floating screen I am somewhat worried about how sturdy they can make it.

Reactions: pkulak
I don't see how they can integrate the screen into the dash.
Since it's the only display (unless hud has been confirmed?) the display would be too low to safely see your speed.
Instead of tilting your eyes, you'd have to tilt your head.

I think you missed the 50x heated threads and countless posts debating all of this after Elon's tweetstorm. I'll save you reading the thousands of posts and TL;DR it for you

- There won't be a HUD
- There won't be a 2nd screen like the S/X
- The prototype interior in the part 1 reveal will be extremely similar to production (although some are holding out hope for a miracle)
- The majority of forum replies here indicate you don't need a HUD, Binnacle, indicator lights, or frankly anything besides 2 cupholders in the car (and perhaps all of us that thought these things would be there were delusional)
- The minority of forum replies agree with you
- We'll see what the mainstream media has to say about this come July.