TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

OH MY DOG, I just got THE invitation!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by T34ME, Apr 18, 2018.

1. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

YES, all good things come to all fanboys who are patient. Since when does Tesla send out invites on Wednesdays? I'm hyperventilating! My heart is racing ludicrous mode.........where is my heart medicine? [​IMG]
    • email invitation to configure received on April 18 at 1:13 pm PDT
    • Southern California resident
    • reserved on-line on 3/31/16 pre-reveal
    I'm going to defer for a while and see what happens. I really prefer the SR model and we'll see if there are any new announcements as a result of Elon's new ramp schedule. I also want to see what the specs are for the AWD - range and acceleration. Finally, I want to keep an eye on the tax credit phase-out, Sep 30 or Dec 31.

Wow! Life is good!

• Like x 23
    • Love x 4
  2. jasonLA

jasonLA Member

I also got the email but..... I click on it and it won't let me configure the. model 3.... I'm clicking on the email every 10 seconds. Hopefully it clears up.

• Like x 2
  3. TT97

TT97 Active Member

I got mine as well! In Los Angeles. 3/31/16 Online reservation.

Page Monitor notified me of a change to the page and went to check even though I had plenty of false positives in the past.

Ordered right away, finished ordering process at 12:56. At 1:35, I received the email that my Model 3 is ready to order. :)

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  4. mrsandman

mrsandman Member

Got mine too. Reserved 3/31 at 9pm. Placed my order a few minutes ago.

• Like x 4
  5. ggumz

ggumz Member

Same!!!! Southern California resident, online order on 3/31 about an hour before the reveal webcast went live.

• Like x 3
  6. bthienthai

bthienthai Member

Same here, except I didn't even get an email. Found out by accident by logging into the account. Seems like we're the first batch of April?

• Like x 3
  7. jasonLA

jasonLA Member

I got the email around noon and still can't configure!!!!

8. ggumz

ggumz Member

No email here either, just been religiously checking my account thrice a day for many a day.

I was able to configure and the site has since seemed to freeze up. Was in the middle of updating drivers license and insurance info and cant seem to get it to re-load.

• Like x 1
  9. Motor Mouth

Motor Mouth Member

Congrats to all ^^

It might just be me, but it seems that increased production is starting to trickle into the delivery stage. I configured mid March and picked up on Friday (yah the 13th). It seems that the configure to delivery time is starting to compress somewhat, at least in California.

10. John Lamoureux

John Lamoureux l Parzival l

Congrats!

Same here with the wait. I'd prefer a LRAWD, so I might wait to see if anything materializes in June/July based upon recent news/events.

But that's great! Wait in line to...wait! :confused:

11. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

I was a Apr - Jun estimated delivery. Here is a screen shot of my invitation. Something very interesting on the invitation which has been a question in my mind. The $35K base model will be available initially without options - "the entry level Model 3 without upgrades" "late '18"

IF I decide to wait for the SR model, I WILL load it up with PUP, EAP, FSD, and other accoutrements as available. IF the SR model is available ONLY with no upgrades (I don't foresee that happening), I will immediately pull the trigger on the LR model.

invitation.jpg

• Informative x 1
  12. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

Me too!

3/31/16 online @ 9:02 PM PT, non owner in NY, May-July invite estimator.

• Like x 1
  13. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

No email but I configured around 4pm EST today after reading someone else did on reddit. Online, few minutes before reveal east cast.

Site is down now, everyone and their sister is probably checking.

• Like x 1
  14. galbrecht7

galbrecht7 Member

7E41B52D-D000-4E2B-88BA-2BCD9721DD39.jpeg I was finally able to catch my breath! Didn’t get an email, just went to update my account like I do ten times every time. Almost fainted when I didn’t see the typical “next steps” and instead saw “ready to design”. I reserved online immediately at 8:30 central time. Chicago area. Had a busy day at work 3/31 so couldn’t reserve in store unfortunately.

• Like x 4
  15. galbrecht7

galbrecht7 Member

Glad it’s not just me having trouble with the site. Luckily I got my order in. Just trying to upload my docs and whatnot, site isn’t refreshing. Guess I can finish later when the madness dies down

• Like x 1
  16. bthienthai

bthienthai Member

My take is they were addressing to people who want the base model only. Effectively, they're saying other options and the base model only will be available as production ramps up.

17. TT97

TT97 Active Member

I doubt that would be the case as all the options just increase Tesla's profits (plus, it does say right below where you circled "Premium Upgrade optional.")

18. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

Congrats all. This part of the wait after getting the invite is bad and after you finally get your VIN it becomes pure anticipation agony. It’s definitely worth the wait though :D

• Like x 2
  19. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

Grats! Awesome to see the love starting to get around more.

20. Zythryn

Zythryn Model Y custom Warming Stripes wrap.

I’m in the same boat.
    Got the invite a couple of hours ago and can’t configure online yet :(