Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OH MY DOG, I just got THE invitation!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dual motor now says Mid '18 instead of late.
That's what I like to hear. Makes me feel a little better that maybe I'll be able to get it a touch sooner than I was expecting.

Ok, be careful here: in the configurator, there are numbers that look like estimates, but those are not the same as the original estimate page. The configurator numbers are when Tesla will start introducing those configs, whereas the estimator page is tailored to your spot in line. So just because the configurator says Mid 2018 for AWD doesn't mean you will get ungated in Mid 2018.

Ok, be careful here: in the configurator, there are numbers that look like estimates, but those are not the same as the original estimate page. The configurator numbers are when Tesla will start introducing those configs, whereas the estimator page is tailored to your spot in line. So just because the configurator says Mid 2018 for AWD doesn't mean you will get ungated in Mid 2018.
I agree with everything you say, but I am happy the AWD configurator page says "mid-2018' rather than "late 2018." If I want AWD, then "mid-2018" means I will get it sooner than the latter despite what the estimator might say. And if Elon's prediction for the ramp up in June is correct and the ramp goes even higher after that........this could mean a very short wait for the AWD model 3 and perhaps still qualify for the full tax credit.

Reactions: nvx1977
Forgive me if this is a n00b question. I just got my configuration invite last night. Do you have to pre-qualify for financing, or can you officially place your build order before you arrange financing/payment?

No you do not have to pre-qualify. There is an option when you are configuring where you can select your payment option. I think the options are (1)Cash (2) Tesla Financing (3) outside financing. If you choose Tesla financing, they will start working with you when it's closer to delivery. We went with outside financing. We shopped around and when we got the delivery date set, we went in and finished up the paperwork.

Reactions: Snow Drift
No you do not have to pre-qualify. There is an option when you are configuring where you can select your payment option. I think the options are (1)Cash (2) Tesla Financing (3) outside financing. If you choose Tesla financing, they will start working with you when it's closer to delivery. We went with outside financing. We shopped around and when we got the delivery date set, we went in and finished up the paperwork.
Small addition to this. I marked Tesla Financing when ordering, but then shopped around and eventually financed outside Tesla. So, you can hedge your bet by checking Tesla financing. It's not biding if you get a better rate later.

I feel like I am in an amusement park line. You wait all this time waiting in line to finally get into the building only to find out there is another long line inside.

I went from checking my account multiple times per day waiting for my invite to checking my account multiple times per day waiting for my VIN number. This wait is worst than the first one!!!

I feel like I am in an amusement park line. You wait all this time waiting in line to finally get into the building only to find out there is another long line inside.

I went from checking my account multiple times per day waiting for my invite to checking my account multiple times per day waiting for my VIN number. This wait is worst than the first one!!!

no, my friend. The worst wait is waiting for SR to become available after I got the invite, which nobody knows, even Elon himself.

Yeah and while we were in the building waiting in line, they shut the rollercoaster down for 5 days...

• Funny
Reactions: TT97