Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh my. Oh. My. Gawwdddd!! Roadster yum - must have now!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting pretty old, I turned 56 this year, and really starting to count 'how many good years I have left'.
m0118.gif
m01100.gif
m0168.gif

I'm a little surprised that Tesla is pricing the new Roadster so low. It competes with and easily beats cars that are all significantly more expensive. But then, it's just the base model. The top performance version will probably be much more

I'm a little surprised that Tesla is pricing the new Roadster so low. It competes with and easily beats cars that are all significantly more expensive. But then, it's just the base model. The top performance version will probably be much more

I was surprised too until I realized that Tesla mission isn’t to maximize profits but to maximize EVs sold...

Reactions: JenniferQ
I just did the $50k reservation. I got into bitcoin back in 2013 when they were only $80 apiece (just hit $8,100 today) so, technically, my reservation had a cost basis of about $500. (Funny anecdote, I got my first bitcoin ever from the brother of one our forum members and current Roadster owner. When he gave me that first bitcoin, it was worth about $10.)

My wife was annoyed but....I will get so much pleasure simply anticipating this car for the next three years that that alone is worth it to me.

I'm getting pretty old, I turned 56 this year, and really starting to count 'how many good years I have left'. I don't know how long someone is going to have to wait if they aren't a day one reservation holder, but I would like to get the car before I'm 60 goddamned years old if at all possible.
Good for you sir - I am mighty jealous! And in all seriousness you could easily make money on this. $200K is really all in all a good value if you compare it to what you get with entry level exotics from Ferrari, Lamborghini and others. If they get the heat soak solved this could be the ultimate track day fun machine and WI have probably the lowest cost of ownership of any exotic made til now.

Looking at the photos, it appears there is no frunk. That’s probably where some of the extra batteries are hiding! ;)
In my opinion, the lack of a frunk in the new Roadster is because the front end is so short and low that the front motor and all the other components that have to go up there (HVAC, steering assembly, radiator for cooling the battery, etc.) take up all the space. I think it likely that all those components are designed to be serviced from underneath the car. So there is no need for a front hood lid, which is great because then there are no seams on the hood to disturb the air flow. Pulse it looks great. :cool:

In my opinion, the lack of a frunk in the new Roadster is because the front end is so short and low that the front motor and all the other components that have to go up there (HVAC, steering assembly, radiator for cooling the battery, etc.) take up all the space. I think it likely that all those components are designed to be serviced from underneath the car. So there is no need for a front hood lid, which is great because then there are no seams on the hood to disturb the air flow. Pulse it looks great. :cool:

In the presentation, I'm pretty sure Elon said the production version would have a frunk. Easier not to have it in the prototype.

In the presentation, I'm pretty sure Elon said the production version would have a frunk. Easier not to have it in the prototype.
I’ve watched the presentation at least 3 times and do not recall Elon making any statement about a Roadster frunk.

He did specifically state that the Semi has a frunk. And you can clearly see it on the prototypes shown at the event.