Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh No....a Porsche electric car fire? Where is the FUD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a Taycan has caught on fire.

Where are all of the super fair reporters that follow Tesla around like a hawk?

Porsche Taycan caught on fire — burning down a garage in Florida - Electrek

How does Porsche get a get-out-of-jail free card?

They don't really.

This is terrible news because it further solidifies the public perception that Lithium Ion "whatever" are dangerous.

It impacts anyone shopping for a EV because they have to ask themselves "Do I want this in my Garage?".

I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Porsche didn't temporarily halt production/sales to fix the issue. Especially if it happens again.

What I find funny is if you search for "Taycan" in Google News you'll get 4 articles as the top coverage. Where 3 out of 4 of those are Elon taking a swipe at Bill Gates because Bill Gates bought a Porsche Taycan, and that hurt Elons feeling.

Only one out of 4 of those is about the Taycan fire (The Verge article).

Apparently a fire can't even beat an Elon tweet.

Personally I'm a bit surprised at Elon's response because the tweet he was responding to didn't make any sense. The Taycan is an EV so the tweet wasn't even factually correct. But, I guess Elon has a beef with Gates because of what Bill said about the whole Mars thing.

really good looking POS when it comes to an EV alternative,

POS?
EV alternative?

So far the reviews for the Taycan even among Tesla fans have been pretty stellar. Additionally Car and Driver set the record straight on the range which was the biggest criticism of it.

How is it an alternative? It is a legitimate EV, and a viable option for someone with lots of money. Especially since not everyone wants to drive the same car that everyone else drives.

Reactions: gowthamn
POS?
EV alternative?

So far the reviews for the Taycan even among Tesla fans have been pretty stellar. Additionally Car and Driver set the record straight on the range which was the biggest criticism of it.

How is it an alternative? It is a legitimate EV, and a viable option for someone with lots of money. Especially since not everyone wants to drive the same car that everyone else drives.
I meant it as an EV option. Alternative was the wrong word.

Dan