Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

oh sweet odin's beard what have i done

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dropping more cash on a car than anything other than my house? no, no, that doesn't bother me. what bothers me is that i'm not getting it until september when i confirmed it last month. HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DEAL WITH THIS.

In the intervening weeks since confirming, I have...
  1. Checked TMC, Electrek, r/teslamotors, twitter, and Teslarati more than the uptime monitors of my systems i support at work. (Hey, at least the monitors are supposed to email me)
  2. Completely re-evaluated how I want to park our two cars at home. (Shared driveway and no garage. Two cars when we have parking space for one. Whomp whomp.) Gravel parking pad or cement? Do I need to build a pergola over it? Should I just suck it up and build a full structure?
  3. Alienated my DS and OA here in Tysons. But, hey, first name basis with a couple of the guys at the Tyco Road store. (Not my fault my office is right down the road.)
  4. Gotten no fewer than eight quotes for the cabling run for the charger.
  5. Named my future futurecar. (Naming a car Invincible is just asking for danger. So it's Frostmourne, both for the color, for my love of the character, and because it has started consuming my soul)
  6. Priced out floor mats, cameras, trunk organizers, and fob pockets. (oh the leather fob pocket is so gorgeous)
  7. Re-evaluated the parking situation again (Oh hey i can just rip out a plant, let the GF back into that spot off the driveway, and then dig out a gravel parking pad in the yard for FM.)
  8. Ordered a sleepy Jolteon to live on the parcel shelf. (Adorable.)
  9. Sold my current car to Carmax. (early, yes, but I've got access to other cars for the time being, and the price was almost exactly what I had left on it.)
Oh, and confirmation was two weeks ago. Delivery in "Early-mid Sept" according to my DS.

what.

Congrats on ordering your new car.

Time to have a concrete pad poured for your Model S, with some sort of permanent cover (pergola).
Helps keep car cleaner, cooler, dry and snow-free.

Have your NEMA 14-50 electrical outlet or HPWC situated//integrated//located onto one of the posts so you can easily plug-in @ night, and have a way to keep the associated wires managed//coiled up//hung up when not in use. Best to use a quality electrician to do this work.
Have a light and (remote) switch installed under your pergola, or an aimable light to one side. Maybe this light is on a motion sensor, but needs to be installed by same electrician who does power source for car charging.

Get some Velcro to keep your Jolteon fastened to top of parcel shelf. No need for it to be loose and possibly flying around (whether asleep or not).

Last edited:
Congrats! On the order. I am about 2 weeks out from delivery. Co-workers are always like "What the hell, your researching Tesla's again"
I keep busy by checking on available accessories , had charger installed and TMC etc...... 2 car driveway as well and the garage is a maybe in the future. (lot of clearing out to do) Looking for a way to have my wife park under the tree on the right side of the driveway. :) She has a tight hold on "her" side of the driveway :) w/o a sappy tree

Best advice I can give you - as much as we'll all appreciate your participation here, stay away! This place has converted me into two Teslas and two reservations for Model 3s. It's unsafe here. Go, while you can. Off-grid, if possible.
Ohmman is wise and has experienced much in the way of Tesla. Heed his advice lest you too be lost.

Frostmourne! Excellent choice. Damn wish i'd thought of it first.
If you had told me a year ago that i would join a chat group of car enthuiasts, i would peruse a car forum first thing on waking and first thing before sleeping and often during the day, that i would pay money to join a car club, i would think white leather seats is a rational choice when i have children and finally that i would patiently and happily wait more than a year to get my car. I would have told you you clearly didnt know me well at all.
Ha.
How little did i know myself.
Mind you i did wait a year before actually joining this forum for fear of posting too much and losing all my self control. It was my invitation to my first tesla event that broke it for me.
Should have taken the blue pill....

Also why do many here get dash cams? Just for security/tracking of who may have touched their precious, or something else I'm missing?

Speaking for myself as a non tesla owner but has a dashcam.

1. There are more cars on the road and the chances of little prangs etc are higher.
2. People are less honest nowadays and if you don't have evidence in a crash will they will blame you or someone else.
3. There appear to be a lot more bad drivers than there used to be.

Yeesh, I got the paperwork for mine before the test drive. Confirmed I wanted the performance option after the test drive. Then I got the car
weeks
later.

Mid september! HA!
I didn't even have superchargers!

lol, I can tell ya that the car is sooo worth it tho.

A Jolteon for the parcel shelf sound really cute tho. A Lapras would be pretty cool too.

Speaking for myself as a non tesla owner but has a dashcam.

1. There are more cars on the road and the chances of little prangs etc are higher.
2. People are less honest nowadays and if you don't have evidence in a crash will they will blame you or someone else.
3. There appear to be a lot more bad drivers than there used to be.

4. People on cell phones are dangerous.

Reactions: 1208
Best advice I can give you - as much as we'll all appreciate your participation here, stay away! This place has converted me into two Teslas and two reservations for Model 3s. It's unsafe here. Go, while you can. Off-grid, if possible.
So, I have only one tesla now but two on order and now I use Turo to rent Tesla when I travel. My spouse just reconfirms that I am borderline certifiable and continues to feed my addiction.

I am so far gone that I think my behavior is rational. No, I am certain that it is.

My spouse, in another Facilitating move, pointed out that all my aircraft were far more expensive, thus supporting my position that my P85DL is an economy transportation choice.:D

• Funny
Reactions: *KT* and fallen888