Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

oh sweet odin's beard what have i done

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks all! Yeah, this place is gonna be dangerous.

Congrats on ordering your new car.

Time to have a concrete pad poured for your Model S, with some sort of permanent cover (pergola).
Helps keep car cleaner, cooler, dry and snow-free.

Have your NEMA 14-50 electrical outlet or HPWC situated//integrated//located onto one of the posts so you can easily plug-in @ night, and have a way to keep the associated wires managed//coiled up//hung up when not in use. Best to use a quality electrician to do this work.
Have a light and (remote) switch installed under your pergola, or an aimable light to one side. Maybe this light is on a motion sensor, but needs to be installed by same electrician who does power source for car charging.

Get some Velcro to keep your Jolteon fastened to top of parcel shelf. No need for it to be loose and possibly flying around (whether asleep or not).

:) I dunno, the velcro feels pretty mean. Besides, he's so tiny that i'm not really worried about it. I don't generally have a lead foot, despite my upbringing in Massachusetts.

Congrats.
Listen to this to help you deal with it...

Takes me back. man. We played this one a lot during LK25.

Best advice I can give you - as much as we'll all appreciate your participation here, stay away! This place has converted me into two Teslas and two reservations for Model 3s. It's unsafe here. Go, while you can. Off-grid, if possible.

:bow: and noted. Sadly my job and my hobbies all have me in front of screens full time. Though I am starting to get into detailing, which is outside and oh Odin i've become one of those people

While you are waiting, you can update the Model S Order & Delivery Spreadsheet with your data: Model S Order & Delivery 2016

Already done. :)

@alexvirital mind sharing the info on the cameras you priced out?

Also why do many here get dash cams? Just for security/tracking of who may have touched their precious, or something else I'm missing?

Truth be told, I'm not sure yet which ones I'd go with. I have very limited experience with Dashcams.

I had (Well, have) a chest-mounted GoPro that I used with my Harley until i sold it a few months ago. (It lives, it dies, it lives again as a Tesla) For me it was a security measure; someone cuts me off, I don't need to think about what their plate was, i've got it on film. Plus it's nice to be able to see interesting things without having to fumble with a phone to record them. There was a huge crash here in the Northern VA area last week that I recorded just because it was so crazy looking - big black plumes of smoke, etc. Had the go pro in my bag, which made it easy - but would have been easy with a dashcam, too.

That may slip (alongside the HPWC) in favor of the things that Must Get Done before Frostmourne arrives.