TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ohare auto body in Chicago

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by balefire, Feb 9, 2014.

1. balefire

balefire Member

My s85 received an unwelcome large door scratch this weekend. My local tesla center recommends ohare auto body. Any experiences? Will probably have to blend the paint. Thanks

2. scott2613

scott2613 Member

As long as there isn't any structural damage any bodyshop with aluminum repair and refinish capability can do it. The problem is less than 10% of the industry is qualified to work on aluminum vehicles. Ford said that when they announced their new lightweight F-150. If there is no metal deformation the only diffeerence between aluminum and steel refinishing is the subtrate (primer). Tesla would know this or they would probably not have sent you there so you should be fine.

3. paco3791

paco3791 TMC OG

Nice to see some other Tesla Certified shops in the Chicago area. I thought Gold Coast Auto-body was the only one!

4. Luder94

Luder94 Member

For paint work, I can recommend an incredible shop in Palatine area. They work on very high end cars and know how to work with and paint aluminum, as well as composites, fiberglass, etc.

Let me know if you're interested in a referral.