Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio car dealers sue over Tesla dealership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...8/auto-dealers-sue-over-tesla-dealership.html

In the suit, which was filed in Franklin County Common Pleas Court, the dealers say that the state agencies improperly approved Tesla’s dealer license earlier this year because the company did not provide a copy of its contract with the manufacturer of the vehicles to be sold.

In this case, the manufacturer and the retailer are the same company, but the dealers say that the law still calls for proper documentation.

Even if Tesla had provided a contract, it would not have been valid because the law requires such an agreement to be between “two separate contracting parties,” Bruce said.

I'm no lawyer, but I would think that if it came down to it I'm sure Tesla could easily incorporate a wholly own subsidiary that owns the retail location in Ohio and sign a contract with their parent company. These guys are so desperate. Sadly the only winners will be the lawyers.

I'm no lawyer, but I would think that if it came down to it I'm sure Tesla could easily incorporate a wholly own subsidiary that owns the retail location in Ohio and sign a contract with their parent company.

I think that is what the dealers are after. If you try and pull something like this then they will say that the Tesla stores are franchises.

You don't play their game. Tesla is doing something different and they need to stick with that.