Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll hopefully be taking delivery in the next week or two and was curious if anyone on here could speak to their delivery experiences at Ohio delivery centers, specifically Columbus if possible. I’m hearing a lot of quality issues across the board and delivery centers talking about within spec, but I’ve never heard anything bad coming out of an Ohio delivery center so curious if the people working in those delivery centers are just doing better or what. Positive or negative stories please.

Hey martinb8,

I took delivery of my MY Saturday at Cincinnati. (LR, AWD, MSM, white interior, 20", FSD, no hitch) I was originally told (via the website only) it wouldn't arrive until 6/30 but they called Friday and said "She's here if you'd like to come and get it." Up until this point I had ZERO communication from anyone other than the text everyone received saying 2-4 weeks. This is my very first Tesla so I was very unsure about the whole process. I didn't have a trade in and was paying cash. Texts and emails went unanswered but in the spirit of full transparency, I did miss one call back from them but wasn't ever able to connect after that. I got the VIN (via source code) and initial delivery appointment through the website.

I had downloaded the app in advance, got to the dealer and looked the outside over REALLY good. I clicked "Accept delivery" and the car unlocked via the app. I looked it over for over an hour along with a few other Tesla owners taking delivery of theirs as well. I had read all the horror stories in the forums and had my checklist in hand ready to point out the tinniest issues but really the only issue was a small scratch in some interior plastic and the rear seats don't auto fold so I have a mobile service appointment scheduled. Overall VERY happy.

I realize this was in Cincinnati but fingers crossed you don't have any issues upon getting yours!!

Attachments

• 20200628_18465911.jpg
    20200628_18465911.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 123
Hey martinb8,

I took delivery of my MY Saturday at Cincinnati. (LR, AWD, MSM, white interior, 20", FSD, no hitch) I was originally told (via the website only) it wouldn't arrive until 6/30 but they called Friday and said "She's here if you'd like to come and get it." Up until this point I had ZERO communication from anyone other than the text everyone received saying 2-4 weeks. This is my very first Tesla so I was very unsure about the whole process. I didn't have a trade in and was paying cash. Texts and emails went unanswered but in the spirit of full transparency, I did miss one call back from them but wasn't ever able to connect after that. I got the VIN (via source code) and initial delivery appointment through the website.

I had downloaded the app in advance, got to the dealer and looked the outside over REALLY good. I clicked "Accept delivery" and the car unlocked via the app. I looked it over for over an hour along with a few other Tesla owners taking delivery of theirs as well. I had read all the horror stories in the forums and had my checklist in hand ready to point out the tinniest issues but really the only issue was a small scratch in some interior plastic and the rear seats don't auto fold so I have a mobile service appointment scheduled. Overall VERY happy.

I realize this was in Cincinnati but fingers crossed you don't have any issues upon getting yours!!

Great feedback! I have a friend who's a delivery manager here in Columbus and he's been good at keeping me up to date on things. I can't figure out if the texts area automated, but I know if I respond to them, I think my text goes to my delivery center and they pick it up and respond, but it's been kind of difficult. Those texts don't fit the timeline given my 2-4 week delivery time ended last week. I have a black on black LR, 20", FSD and I know the black didn't event start being produced till a couple weeks ago. Fingers crossed...

I took a delivery on LR, AWD, white, black 19", no FSD, tow hitch in Lyndhurst. Experience was very good. I did have very little communication with them prior to delivery so called them directly- I think about 5 days before delivery and then again the day before. Both times they were very friendly and helpful - even though they were very very busy there so I think they're all just a bit overwhelmed at the end of Q2.
Day of delivery they were very patient as I went thru the Y with a long list and fine-toothed comb. I must have taken close to 2 hours, found a couple of issues, which they said they would fix (but in MI SC, thankfully). Good luck!

Picked up my white MY, AWD on June 3rd at the Columbus, OH, Tesla Service Center. The delivery was pleasant and seamless. They gave me all the time to check out the car and were very courteous. Very satisfied with the car. No paint or panel gap issues. There was one small panel issue next to the head light and they fixed it on the spot. Clean inside. No rattles or noises. Great car to drive. The person who took care of me is named Andy.

I am waiting for a White / White PUP w/ Tow Hitch to be picked up from Columbus, OH - Got the 2-4 week text, then the 1-2 week text but nothing since then. I am hoping that July production continues to go to North America and the East Coast / Mid West people might get some orders filled in first few weeks of July. Hope your delivery goes well. Post about your Columbus delivery experience. Also when I talked to them the other day they had a MSM / Black PUP that someone didn't end up picking up might still be there :)

I am waiting for a White / White PUP w/ Tow Hitch to be picked up from Columbus, OH - Got the 2-4 week text, then the 1-2 week text but nothing since then. I am hoping that July production continues to go to North America and the East Coast / Mid West people might get some orders filled in first few weeks of July. Hope your delivery goes well. Post about your Columbus delivery experience. Also when I talked to them the other day they had a MSM / Black PUP that someone didn't end up picking up might still be there :)

I wanted a Performance, but just a hair out of my price range. haha. Also, if it was a reject, probably had something wrong with it.

I am in CBUS, ordered about 7-10 days ago. concerned about the lack of communication...'21 Model y performance with tow hitch. Is the estimate on the account website accurate?
I’ve gotten nearly zero response since ordering in mid-May, and absolutely no communication initiated by Tesla. Most of my email questions to my SA end with something to the effect of “we’ll talk more closer to delivery,” so I assume their efforts are focused at the pre-sale and immediate-pre-delivery stages.

I’ve been told the EDD on the website is “accurate” by Tesla (which if it was, I’d have my car by now) and “absolutely not representative of reality” by numerous other customers.

I’ve gotten nearly zero response since ordering in mid-May, and absolutely no communication initiated by Tesla. Most of my email questions to my SA end with something to the effect of “we’ll talk more closer to delivery,” so I assume their efforts are focused at the pre-sale and immediate-pre-delivery stages.

I’ve been told the EDD on the website is “accurate” by Tesla (which if it was, I’d have my car by now) and “absolutely not representative of reality” by numerous other customers.
SA is sales advisor?

I've had only one text from my SA to tell me the date in the app is accurate (8/3 - 8/23).

MYLR | MSM/Black | 19" Gemini | No tow | No FSD.
Ordered: 6/11