TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ohio Owner's Club

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by supratachophobia, May 4, 2017.

1. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

Well, I am now a happy Model S owner! Got my delivery on Monday. I had to surrender my car to a shop for a couple of days to do XPEL and Opti-Coat application and to tint the windows. Finally, the first weekend to really enjoy the car! Can’t be happier!

• Like x 2
  2. kmistry1986

kmistry1986 Member

Where are you getting your windows tinted? Looks like you are in NEO and I am looking for a place to get mine done.

3. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

I am using “Block a Chip” in Mentor (Block A Chip - 3M Clear Bra Installer Ohio, Paint Protection Film Installation. Vehicle Wrap - Car Wrap Installer, Window Tint - Cleveland / Ohio / Northeast Ohio.) - highly recommended!
    They specialize in paint protection (XPEL, 3M, Opti-Coat), but they do window tinting too.
    I am very happy with their work!

4. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

5. torqaholic

torqaholic Member

- Very sorry that I didn't see this... I've been relying on notifications to threads that I follow and clearly something isn't working. Hope you got some people to turn out! Related, what's going on with the store - they seem to have severely downgraded the talent and support there recently , near total turnover. I've heard of many other events that they've backed out of or just didn't show up for - not generating a positive image in the community.

- Excellent! Please keep us posted.

- Great to see you there. As one of the few owners without a vanity plate, it seems to keep me out of group photos... my inner cheapskate shining through.

6. kmistry1986

kmistry1986 Member

I am not familiar with tint...whats the difference between "regular" tint vs ceramic?

7. kmistry1986

kmistry1986 Member

I'm gonna have to check it out. Whats the approximate cost? Do you think they would give a discount if we did multiple cars? I believe @kholy is also looking to get their car done as well.

8. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

Just go ahead and contact them directly. They can email you your quote in advance. The price will depend on what exactly you want to do. Personally, I was pleased with the price, thought it was very reasonable. Especially after seeing what kind of cars they have in the shop: when my car was there, the other two cars were a Lamborghini and an antique Corvette! :)

9. supratachophobia

I think it's ceramic vs. Metallic maybe? Ceramic is more expensive but has better UV blocking which translates to better heat blocking. And it doesn't interfere with cell signals.

10. ToddFather!

ToddFather! New Member

Next to Buffalo Wings & Rings AND the Hampton Inn in Lima, Ohio (Roschman Ave.) immediately east of I-75 off of exit #125. Charge up and walk to Buffalo Wings & Rings and get some wings or burgers and catch up on the sports-nation with over 40 TV's. Patio as well. Great location easy in and out.

11. ToddFather!

ToddFather! New Member

The charger station is immediately next to the Hampton Inn in Lima, Ohio.

12. kholy

kholy Member

Anyone going to the Lyndhurst Social tomorrow?

13. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

I'll be there! Look for a Silver Model S 75D :)

14. kholy

kholy Member

I'll be in a Blue Model S 75D! Temp tags still!

15. supratachophobia

I'll be at the Columbus one, hope to see a full house.

16. Vip

Vip Member

Where and when?

17. jjchan

jjchan Member

Something is definitely wrong with alert on TMC. I had not received alerts of people posting on this forum for a long time & tonight being curious, I clicked on the forum and found all the conversations that I have missed. I'm still interested in owner gatherings around OH. So, when is the Columbus event at and when, @supratachophobia?

• Like x 1
  18. supratachophobia

The sales gallery had an event two weeks ago, I will post here as far ahead of time as I can next time I hear about one. They are usually once per quarter. As far as events go, Cars&Coffee is getting a bit cold, so we may just hunker down for rotating lunches here for the winter. And we need to start including Model 3 owners as they surface. I'm more than open to suggestion on where to meet for lunch. I think we'll start doing email blasts after talking to the presidents of other Tesla Owner's clubs who have been doing this longer. The text message thing is getting a bit out of hand. So make sure you whitelist @ohiotesla.club

19. jjchan

jjchan Member

Thanks. I'll check this forum periodically. BTW, could you explain how to "whitelist @ohiotesla.club"

20. supratachophobia

Usually in your spam settings you have a whitelist and a blacklist for accepting/rejecting mail from different senders. Who is your email provider?