Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio Owner's Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crowd forming to check out the X at cars and coffee.
IMG_20170506_103901_01.jpg

Have you considered becoming an official Owners Club with Tesla?
Trying to. I've reached out to all the contacts I have, as well as new contacts that other owner's groups have already gone through. I'd really like to make our group official.

Thanks for the suggestion. Gotta make sure sustainable transport isn't forgotten about in Ohio. Lot's of Tesla's here already and even more potential owners that need good info about EV's.

Ahoy Fellow Owners, the process to become an officially recognized Ohio Owners Group has begun!

There are a few qualifications to meet to make this happen. The most important is proving to Tesla that we are actual owners. If those interested could PM me the last 8 numbers/letters of there VIN number. There is no personally identifiable information that needs to be given along with it, in case you were worried they were using this as a way to link social media accounts with owners like I was. If you don’t know how to check your VIN or you haven’t memorized it, simply press the “T” at the top of your touchscreen and the entire VIN number will be listed there along with a picture of your car.

Moving on, there will be a another Tesla Owner’s lunch next Thursday, May 18th at Max&Ermas in Dublin (Metro Place), 11:30am. $5 burgers!

Please let me know if you want to participate in the Westerville 4th of July Parade by driving your Tesla. Other group members have already paid the application fee, we just need cars now! Just like last year, after driving, we will meet up immediately after at 79 South State Street to finish watching the parade and eat lunch at Pizza Cucinova.

Very lastly, we’ve registered the domain, OhioTesla.Club, and will be sending out monthly email updates from that address as soon our Owners Group application is approved. Please add that domain to your spam whitelist, and, of course, please decline to receive updates at any time you wish.

Thanks for your time and safe driving out there (whether it's you or the car),

A suggestion: mid-day on weekdays, even with a good deal on food, makes it hard for day-workers and out-of-towners to make it. Weekday evenings or weekends are probably better.

Yep, generally we alternate Dublin, Easton, downtown for lunches because of work schedules and locations. But I don't think anyone is opposed to trying to do something in the evenings.

Trying to. I've reached out to all the contacts I have, as well as new contacts that other owner's groups have already gone through. I'd really like to make our group official.

Thanks for the suggestion. Gotta make sure sustainable transport isn't forgotten about in Ohio. Lot's of Tesla's here already and even more potential owners that need good info about EV's.

Keep us posted on the progress!

Hey guys! I am not a Tesla owner yet, but will be soon, so count me in!

A question to Ohio Tesla owners: do you put front license plates on your Tesla?
I know it's technically required in Ohio, but not really enforced. So, what do you guys do?

I know it's technically required in Ohio, but not really enforced. So, what do you guys do?

So this has been my experience with not putting on the front license plate. I have received a violation ticket when parked downtown Columbus. The parking enforcers are sticklers for the front plate. But the rule I know is that as long as the plate is visible then it is okay. So what is recommended is to carry your spare plate and put it on the dash when you park. Then you are legal. Ticket was something like $25-50.
I have also received a ticket while driving. This one irritates me the most. I was actually in Dayton driving down the divided highway on route 4. The trooper was going the opposite way when he turned around and pulled me over just to give me a ticket for no front plate. I wasn't violating any other rules (I wasn't speeding or driving dangerously). That ticket cost me $140. Stupid!!
I still haven't put on the front plate!!!!

Reactions: supratachophobia

The CPO that I purchased a couple of months ago already had a front license plate bracket already installed, so I went ahead and put the front plate on the car.

If that bracket wasn't installed, I might have skipped putting on the plate, as I like the look of the front without a plate.

The CPO that I purchased a couple of months ago already had a front license plate bracket already installed, so I went ahead and put the front plate on the car.

If that bracket wasn't installed, I might have skipped putting on the plate, as I like the look of the front without a plate.

With my 2014 P85, I skipped installing the front plate because to do so would mean having to drill holds in the nose cone. With the 2016 90D, I installed the front plate rather than go thru removal of the plate frame.

I have to mentioned that all the time that I had the 2014 P85, I never got a ticket or stopped for not having a front plate. Cops would come up to the car and checked it out and talked with me about how pretty it was. At first I was sweating bullets when they were looking all around the car!

I have also received a ticket while driving. This one irritates me the most. I was actually in Dayton driving down the divided highway on route 4. The trooper was going the opposite way when he turned around and pulled me over just to give me a ticket for no front plate. I wasn't violating any other rules (I wasn't speeding or driving dangerously). That ticket cost me $140. Stupid!!
That's strange!

"A law enforcement officer shall only issue a ticket, citation, or summons, or cause the arrest or commence a prosecution, for the failure to display a license plate in plain view on the front of a parked motor vehicle if the officer first determines that another offense has occurred and either places the operator or vehicle owner under arrest or issues a ticket, citation, or summons to the operator or vehicle owner for the other offense."

Lawriter - ORC - 4503.21 Display of license plates and validation stickers or temporary license placard or windshield sticker.

Perhaps your municipality has different rules.

• Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia
Yeah, front plate for sure here in Ohio. The OSHP always successfully lobbies the State Assembly every time there's a bill to drop the front license plates, arguing that it's an asset for law enforcement despite the numerous states that do just fine without them and the distinct lack of cases in which the presence of a front plate was a determining factor in any case.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯