Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio Owners Group

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I have noticed that Ohio does not have an owners group and I thought I would start building the momentum in Ohio. I created a facebook page and hope everyone will join and like the page. We can use this space to share info, schedule meetups and other such functions. Please feel free to message me directly on the page or this forum. I look forward to meeting with other Tesla owners and enthusiast.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ohio-Tesla-Owners-Group/589140464431440

Screen08 Mar. 12 18.34.jpg

Thanks,

Jason

Hudson owner.

Jason,

I am in Hudson, Cleveland area. My Tesla is P4418 white, pano roof, air susp, twin chargers, 85kwh battery. i already have over 1300 miles on it in three weeks.

Where are you located?

Is the Columbus SC opened already?

Thanks,

Angel Estrada

Hello all,

I have noticed that Ohio does not have an owners group and I thought I would start building the momentum in Ohio. I created a facebook page and hope everyone will join and like the page. We can use this space to share info, schedule meetups and other such functions. Please feel free to message me directly on the page or this forum. I look forward to meeting with other Tesla owners and enthusiast.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ohio-Tesla-Owners-Group/589140464431440

View attachment 18276

Thanks,

Jason

I am from Ohio. Can you please tell me the procedure to get my plates in Ohio for my Tesla. I have the certificate of Origin and the bill of sale. I have a lien with my bank. When I went to the BMV they told me to get the title. How do I get that? Thanks.

While I purchased the vehicle outright, I was sent my title directly from Tesla. Your bank should have a copy of the title on record with your name on it. They should only be listed as a lien holder. You should be able to contact your back for a copy of the title. Tesla should have sent them the title. I would start with your bank, then contact Tesla. Note that once you get the title you should be able to register the car. You then have to pay ohio taxes then apply for your plates. You can do that at any registrar office as long as they do titling and plates.

Good luck. I did all my paperwork in Columbus at the Alum Creek office.

J

I did the same but the registration office folks were a bit too picky. They didn't like the stamped signature on the back of the title. They stated that the signature had to be an original. I went to a different office and they didn't seem to care.

Jason,

I am in Hudson, Cleveland area. My Tesla is P4418 white, pano roof, air susp, twin chargers, 85kwh battery. i already have over 1300 miles on it in three weeks.

Where are you located?

Thanks,

Angel Estrada

Angel,

I am located in Columbus and have a Black P85 loaded. I am approaching just under 500 miles and have owned in for a month now. The columbus service center is open and Dave Huff is the service manager. He is awesome and will really take care of you and your MS.

Jason

I am from Ohio. Can you please tell me the procedure to get my plates in Ohio for my Tesla. I have the certificate of Origin and the bill of sale. I have a lien with my bank. When I went to the BMV they told me to get the title. How do I get that? Thanks.

I just took care of this yesterday. I also have a lien through PenFed. I'm in Cuyahoga County so it could be slightly different:

1. I took the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin and Bill of Sale to the Clerk of Courts to get the title and pay sales taxes. NOTE: They accept cash or BANK checks but will not take personal checks. They will also accept credit card, but charge an additional 3% processing fee on the total taxes!
2. Take the title to the Deputy Registrar to get the plates. NOTE: They will NOT accept credit cards, but they WILL take a personal check.

All in all it took about 1.5 hours to get everything done because I had to run to the bank down the street to get the bank check. For Cuyahoga the check had to be written to the Cuyahoga Fiscal Office.

The woman at the Clerk of Courts said I was her third Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

Jason,

Where are you located?

Thanks,

Angel Estrada

You will soon see a Black P85 in your area. I'm in Solon and should have my car the week of the 22nd. I've only seen one other Model S in Chagrin Falls (Sig Red).

Last edited:
As the founding member of OTOG (Ohio Tesla Owners Group) on Facebook, I plan on representing in any way possible. Our group is already scheduled to attend some EV events in the next few weeks and we hope to continue spreading the word. If there are other opportunities to represent, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks,

Jason

Ice Cream Social ** Tesla Style

North East Ohio Tesla Owners & Enthusiasts,

Martin's get together was terrific but that was way back in December so it must be time to meet up again.

Old meets new: ** an Ice Cream Social ** ~ Tesla Style ~

How about gliding in for an ice cream at 2:30 pm - Sunday, June 23rd at:

Mitchell's Ice Cream
35520 Detroit Rd.
Avon, OH

Please forward to anyone who might be interested and RSVP by PM if you like.

Hope to see you there!

North East Ohio Tesla Owners & Enthusiasts,

Martin's get together was terrific but that was way back in December so it must be time to meet up again.

Old meets new: ** an Ice Cream Social ** ~ Tesla Style ~

How about gliding in for an ice cream at 2:30 pm - Sunday, June 23rd at:

Mitchell's Ice Cream
35520 Detroit Rd.
Avon, OH

Please forward to anyone who might be interested and RSVP by PM if you like.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks for coordinating the meeting yesterday. Great to get together with other owners in the area and be able to share experiences.
These are the only 2 decent pics I got. Please post or email the ones on your phone.
Already looking forward to the next one!

Martin

Ice cream 2.JPG
Ice cream 1.JPG