Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maumee Supercharger

Visited Maumee Supercharger today. It is almost at the end of the Meijer parking lot. Meijer is little away from the supercharger, but these places are very close to it.
(1) Steak Express Sandwich
(2) Deet's BBQ
(3) Tropical Smoothies
(4) Sakura Sushi Express
(5) Chipotle

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder when the Columbus, OH supercharger will be built. This will be great for the Cleveland-Columbus-Cincinatti route.

A great question. The Columbus superchager is desperately needed, and the Dayton super charger is needed for a 60 starting in Cincinnati to tie into the rest of the network. I think a 85 could make it from Cincy, but it would be close. Dayton would also open up Louisville and Lexington ky, although their respective supercharger would be needed for anyone making a round trip from cincy, as neither of those cities have anything in the way of L2 destination charging.

Columbus is supposed to be coming "this year" right? With almost all of the "coming soon" locations up and running, that could mean they will start on this one very soon. I don't think this one will be located at the Easton mall... it really needs to be a full station with 6-8 bays. Any ideas for where they might build it?

Columbus is supposed to be coming "this year" right? With almost all of the "coming soon" locations up and running, that could mean they will start on this one very soon. I don't think this one will be located at the Easton mall... it really needs to be a full station with 6-8 bays. Any ideas for where they might build it?

Maybe Polaris or Tuttle Crossing Mall? Polaris is right next to I-71 and Tuttle Crossing is right off of I-270 on the northwestern side.

I just proposed Bellville, OH to the supercharger team as a future location. Bellville is a small town directly on I-71 between Cleveland and Columbus. With Bellville, it is only 130 miles to Dayton and 78 miles to Macedonia. Here is my email to them with my logic:

Hello,

My name is Joe, and I am a resident of Cleveland, OH. Let me begin by congratulating you, the supercharger team of Tesla Motors, on your fabulous progress across the country. As a northeast Ohio resident and Tesla enthusiast for many years, I was fortunate to witness the construction of the Macedonia, OH supercharger and was very excited by its arrival.

Looking at the recently updated supercharger map on your website, Ohio's future superchargers look very well placed and in excellent locations. However, there is one major hole that I can see, which lies along the Cleveland-Columbus-Cincinnati corridor, between Cleveland and Columbus. Currently, there is a 200 mile gap between Macedonia, OH and the proposed location near Dayton.

What I propose is a supercharger location in Bellville, OH, which is a small town situated directly off of I-71, between Cleveland and Columbus. Here is the link to Google Maps of the town: http://goo.gl/Q3e8ui

As a person who commutes regularly between Cleveland and Columbus, I can strongly say that Bellville would be an ideal location for a supercharger. It is full of restaurants and hotels that are seconds off of the interstate.

A supercharger in Bellville would allow for seamless travel between Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati, and would result in the complete coverage of the major routes in Ohio.

Thank you for your consideration, and keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Looking at the latest updates to the supercharger map, Columbus is no longer listed at all, even under "2015" :confused:

What do you guys think about southern Ohio coverage? I think at some point it might be worth it to stick one in say, Chillicothe. Since that is the crossing of US 50, US 23 and St Rt 35. All of which are pretty heavily traveled for southern Ohio long distance. Coming as someone who grew up in the southern part of the state, I can tell you, that routing up through Columbus to get from Cincinnati over to Parkersburg, WV, is not the best idea.

Seems as though Dayton might be a better choice. I 70, 75, and 71. Perfect distance from Louisville, or continue on I75/71 towards the South.

I completely agree that Dayton is a great location, particularly if it is in a location with easy access to both 75 and 71. A supercharger in the Dayton area would be perfect for travel to the Maumee charger along 75, as putting one any further south would put that leg out of reach of a 60, and any farther north would make the louisville/lexington legs to long for a 60 to comfortable handle. If the dayton charger is placed right, it would allow for a round trip between cincinnati and columbus in a 85, but it would probably be pushing it a little bit in a 60.

Cincinnati and Columbus will ultimately need their own chargers. Due to the spread out nature of the cities, and the virtual lack of L2 charging, they honestly will ultimately need 2 stations (in Cincinnati at least, a 4 bay station on the west side, and a second 4 bay station on the east side, would be much better than one centrally located 8 bay station). A west side of Cincinnati charger, either in Harrison, MiamiTown, or Dent, will be needed to the lafayette super charger in a 60. I know living in harrison I am partial to the place, but the new haven road exit off 74 would be perfect, since it has plenty of options for food and lodging, is the perfect distance to reach the lafayette charger, and would allow people making the round trip between cincy and indy to make a quick stop to assure that they can make the trip. From Harrison, the Dayton, Columbus, Louisville, and Lexington chargers are all well within reach. Harrison also benefits from the fact that there are not many local Tesla drivers, so the superchargers would not be heavily used by locals, and would remain available for road trippers.

There are plans for Dayton area eventually (2015). Around Vandalia would be a good location for that, I think. As for the one in Columbus disappearing, it is somewhat strange. The lack of L2 charging definitely hurts but at least there are HPWCs at the Tesla store. It would be better IMO to put in 2 Superchargers on I-71 between the 3C's rather than just one in Columbus. That would work for same-day trips and there should be less "congestion" from locals.

I completely agree that Dayton is a great location, particularly if it is in a location with easy access to both 75 and 71. A supercharger in the Dayton area would be perfect for travel to the Maumee charger along 75, as putting one any further south would put that leg out of reach of a 60, and any farther north would make the louisville/lexington legs to long for a 60 to comfortable handle. If the dayton charger is placed right, it would allow for a round trip between cincinnati and columbus in a 85, but it would probably be pushing it a little bit in a 60.

Cincinnati and Columbus will ultimately need their own chargers. Due to the spread out nature of the cities, and the virtual lack of L2 charging, they honestly will ultimately need 2 stations (in Cincinnati at least, a 4 bay station on the west side, and a second 4 bay station on the east side, would be much better than one centrally located 8 bay station). A west side of Cincinnati charger, either in Harrison, MiamiTown, or Dent, will be needed to the lafayette super charger in a 60. I know living in harrison I am partial to the place, but the new haven road exit off 74 would be perfect, since it has plenty of options for food and lodging, is the perfect distance to reach the lafayette charger, and would allow people making the round trip between cincy and indy to make a quick stop to assure that they can make the trip. From Harrison, the Dayton, Columbus, Louisville, and Lexington chargers are all well within reach. Harrison also benefits from the fact that there are not many local Tesla drivers, so the superchargers would not be heavily used by locals, and would remain available for road trippers.

Hah, you want Harrison because you live there! :) I definitely agree that 74 needs one, although I'd put it closer to Indy. Maybe Batesville area? Preferably somewhere closer to Indy where I could still conceivably make it to the Normal, IL charger.

Hah, you want Harrison because you live there! :) I definitely agree that 74 needs one, although I'd put it closer to Indy. Maybe Batesville area? Preferably somewhere closer to Indy where I could still conceivably make it to the Normal, IL charger.

I actually completely forgot about Normal, but you are right, placement to allow for travel to Normal would be better. Batesville would potentially work as well, but that extra few miles might make the difference, as Normal is quite a haul. It looks like for travel to Normal, Greensburg would work for a 85 if you keep the speed reasonable, but a 60 could not make the trip. For a 60 to make the trip, the best option would be to stop by Tesla Indy for a little bit one quality time with a HPWC. Greensburg would still be doable in a 60 from Lexington (although it's probably pretty close to the limit for a 60), and while it would be a detour that would add some time to the trip from Louisville, is easily within range of a 60.

Not sure about Batesville. We'd probably need 2 along I74 between Cincy and Normal. Wishful thinking for the near future I know. I pretty much live in Batesville. 7 miles north of the exit. I barely made it home from the Normal charger in a P85 with very conservative driving in nice weather. It's doable but not practical in bad weather and not possible in a 60. My guess is we wont see a Supercharger on I74 for quite some time.
I've been trying to convince the board at Hillcrest (the Private Country Club) in Batesville to put in an 80Amp charger like the Clipper Creek CS-100. My idea is they could give golf course privileges (on a limited basis. Say, once a month or some such) to folks using the charger. They could easily fill up during nine holes, 18 holes, or a nice lunch or dinner at the club. No takers yet. My final option is to offer to donate the charger and see if they bite on that.

I'm just dreaming of the day I can make a real road trip out of Cinci with the family. South for vacation or north-west to visit the family in Canada. I still can't even get to Indy and back for work meetings without bugging one of you guys to charge for an hour or two.

I'm just dreaming of the day I can make a real road trip out of Cinci with the family. South for vacation or north-west to visit the family in Canada. I still can't even get to Indy and back for work meetings without bugging one of you guys to charge for an hour or two.

We really are charger locked here. There are a few decent 80+ amp chargers in the dayton area, but that is really the extent of the practical charging network in the Cincinnati area.

Looks like the icon for the supercharger in Columbus is back to "Coming in 2014." As this thread is a bit long in the tooth, anyone have any information about the proposed location for the Columbus supercharger?

And, for all those Columbus folks who made it out to COSI for the event this past Sunday--pleasure meeting you!

Looks like the icon for the supercharger in Columbus is back to "Coming in 2014." As this thread is a bit long in the tooth, anyone have any information about the proposed location for the Columbus supercharger?

And, for all those Columbus folks who made it out to COSI for the event this past Sunday--pleasure meeting you!

It's Grove City, OH (which is close to Columbus):

This will be at the DDR Location:

Derb Square
2161-2263 Stringtown Road
Grove City, Ohio 43123
Derby Square | Retail Space for Lease in Grove City, OH

Supercharger - Grove City, OH (pending city approval)