Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still concerned about the I-90 stretch between Maumee, OH and Erie, PA. I know we have Macedonia, and while that is good for people heading on I-80 between Toledo and Pittsburgh and people heading to and from Columbus, people traveling on I-90 between Toledo and Erie along Lake Erie have to dip down to Macedonia and then jump back up north to get back on I-90. I'd love to see another supercharger along I-90 on the east side of Cleveland, such as here in Mentor:

Google Maps

What do you all think about another supercharger on I-90 between Toledo and Erie?

@Sgt - Even though I live around Toledo and would probably use the supercharger you propose, I think Macedonia is a good compromised site in the Cleveland area. I would rather Tesla spend the money on the rest of the country before building "conveniently" located superchargers.

I'm still concerned about the I-90 stretch between Maumee, OH and Erie, PA. I know we have Macedonia, and while that is good for people heading on I-80 between Toledo and Pittsburgh and people heading to and from Columbus, people traveling on I-90 between Toledo and Erie along Lake Erie have to dip down to Macedonia and then jump back up north to get back on I-90. I'd love to see another supercharger along I-90 on the east side of Cleveland, such as here in Mentor:

Google Maps

What do you all think about another supercharger on I-90 between Toledo and Erie?

Another option is the intersection of 44 and 90, right down the road, by the Red Hawk Grille and Waffle House.

Just noticed that the 2015 supercharger map has a supercharger going in between Cleveland and Columbus. Looks to be around Mansfield. Last year I emailed Tesla proposing a site in Bellville, OH, which is almost exactly between Cleveland and Columbus. Other towns in this general area are Ashland and Lexington. Not only would one in the Mansfield area be good for people on the I-71 corridor, but it would also be perfect for people in the Akron/Canton/Youngstown area who are traveling to and from Columbus and further south.

Also, glad to see the Cambrige, OH supercharger on track for 2015. This is very important for the I-77/I-70 intersection. Although there is no supercharger planned for southeast Ohio. I would love to see one in the Marietta/Parkersburg area to serve those going between West Virginia and Ohio. However, it's only 138 miles from Marietta, OH to Charleston, WV, so while not entirely crucial, one in Marrieta would indeed be helpful.

Last edited:
do we have an update on the mansfield supercharger? I was told by one of the managers that they were building one but i havent heard on a time frame. The wife drives there from CBUS once a month and last time it was cold and she barley made it to grove city.

This one would make Columbus-Cleaveland much more comfortable in a 60 as well. After Louisville, its probably #2 on my wish list.

It looks like the I-70/ I-77 interchange Supercharger (Cambridge, Ohio) has been delayed. Anyone have any news on this location? My wife and I have been talking about buying a used Model S as our next car, but I would almost have to have a Supercharger here for my normal driving. Otherwise, I would have to go a decent distance out of my way to charge at Wheeling WV to make it home.

Wytheville, VA on I-77/74 to MB should be open within a few days making Ohioans Tesla beach vacation a reality.

Getting down shouldn't be bad since the drive would be mostly downhill. Back up through the Virginia and West Virginia mountains might be a different story. I just don't know if it would be possible in a 60. Anywhere I can look that up? I'm looking at purchasing in the next 12 months.

Getting down shouldn't be bad since the drive would be mostly downhill. Back up through the Virginia and West Virginia mountains might be a different story. I just don't know if it would be possible in a 60. Anywhere I can look that up? I'm looking at purchasing in the next 12 months.

According to Supercharge.info, the trip between the Grove City Supercharger to the Wytheville Supercharger is 285 miles. Without finding a public charger or a HPWC, it wouldn't happen. Definitely not happening in a 60 without a substantial stop somewhere. Someone who lives in Southeastern Ohio with an 85 or 90 might be able to make it.

According to Supercharge.info, the trip between the Grove City Supercharger to the Wytheville Supercharger is 285 miles. Without finding a public charger or a HPWC, it wouldn't happen. Definitely not happening in a 60 without a substantial stop somewhere. Someone who lives in Southeastern Ohio with an 85 or 90 might be able to make it.

On I-77 Marietta, the Hampton Inn by the bridge, straight off the exit without congestion, would be a great location.

I put in a request for a new site, fingers crossed.

i still can't believe the permit hasn't been pulled for the Mansfield supercharger yet. I was told it would be early 2016, also told that the main map they (tesla store employee) show a red dot on Mansfield. ugh i hope it is soon. I've been considering paying for the upgraded battery pack (60-90)