Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio waiting room...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MY LR MSM/Black Interior/20 inch/Tow Hitch/FSD in Columbus on 11/13. Yesterday 11/19 they texted an estimate of 1-3 weeks. Today 11/20 I modified the config to upgrade to Performance. No delivery estimate shown now. I probably killed my chances of 1-3 weeks by modifying the order, but we'll see...

Ordered on 10/26 Red MY LR FSD black Interior black 20inch rims. Completed paper work on 10/27 and got my 2021 vin#mf067767 on 10/29 for delivery on 11/12
After turning down my fist, vin # match on 10/29, I asked to be thrown back in the vin # pool on 11/16 was given a vin on 11/18 vin#mf076xxx scheduled delivery is 12/2. Told it has all the newest updates from the m3 refresh BUT does not have the new console by the sales associate

After turning down my fist, vin # match on 10/29, I asked to be thrown back in the vin # pool on 11/16 was given a vin on 11/18 vin#mf076xxx scheduled delivery is 12/2. Told it has all the newest updates from the m3 refresh BUT does not have the new console by the sales associate
I CAN confirm the car did have the updates I talked about; however, I didn't take delivery. You see the post on the forum under-delivery if you're interested.

Hi. I have ordered model Y LR, white with 20 inch wheels today 12/7/20 morning at 8:30AM. Alredy assigned a VIN 079xxxx. It says scheduled delivery dec 7-10.

What are your thought.
1. Why is it so quick. Is it like someone refused delivery and i was assigned.
2. Any suggestions

Hi. I have ordered model Y LR, white with 20 inch wheels today 12/7/20 morning at 8:30AM. Alredy assigned a VIN 079xxxx. It says scheduled delivery dec 7-10.

What are your thought.
1. Why is it so quick. Is it like someone refused delivery and i was assigned.
2. Any suggestions

Congrats! I think that's a popular config, so you probably just had lucky timing with the production runs.

It's kind of like this: People who get a VIN quickly worry something is wrong. People who have to wait weeks/months worry about whether they should change their order (me right now and my cursed tow hitch). My advice: Enjoy the fact that you're getting the car you want quickly, don't worry unless something actually comes up. Sounds like you'll get to check it out for yourself soon enough!

I stopped by the Columbus SC today—I need to buy a set of TPMS sensors—and they told me the cutoff for Q4 delivery is December 12. Meaning if you order before Dec 12 they still expect delivery by the end of the year! Seems crazy to those of us waiting for a while already, but they stood firm on that.

Talked briefly to a guy who was taking delivery of a Black MY LR who was very happy with his car. Said the panel gaps looked great and it had the recent glass and mirror upgrades (he hadn't checked the glovebox for USB yet and I didn't ask about metal scroll wheels).