Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio waiting room...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just jumping into this on the build/order conversation. i ordered my 10/27, still no VIN which is fine, est delivery Dec 19th to 31st.
so i think modulus is right, be happy if you get one assigned or wait a couple of months to get one delivered.

but wondering if anyone is getting an xpel wrap on their MY in the ohio area. im getting them priced out but looking for a solid shop that does a good job. im in the cleveland area. also looking at the ceramic coating over it. thoughts?

He said build date was 2 weeks ago and it just came on the 3rd
He said build date was 2 weeks ago and it just came on the 3rd
Picked up my MY on 10th in columbus. Car has no panel gaps. Charging cap has slight gap. Passenger side back window has several scrathes. Tail light slight misalignment. Driver side b pillar is slightly up. It was not screwed in properly. Otherwise eveything is good.these will be changed in a few weeks

Attachments

• 20201210_155841.jpg
    20201210_155841.jpg
    784.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 20201210_155821.jpg
    20201210_155821.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 20201210_155813.jpg
    20201210_155813.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20201210_155809.jpg
    20201210_155809.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Modulus1
Also Columbus. Ordered MYLR 5/blue/black/19”/no tow on 5/15. The Easton store said I wouldn’t get the car until September most likely.

I’ve been in the “move the estimate further away every day” phase for about a week now; yesterday the estimate was 6/24-6/30, today it’s 6/25-6/30. I assume if it hits 6/30 on both ends that I probably missed this quarter’s deliveries. That wouldn’t be the end of the world except that I’m impatient.

I’ve been told that same thing happened to some other people and it meant their car was being shipped to Ohio, but they apparently all had their VINs by that point.

Also Columbus. Ordered MYLR 5/blue/black/19”/no tow on 5/15. The Easton store said I wouldn’t get the car until September most likely.

I’ve been in the “move the estimate further away every day” phase for about a week now; yesterday the estimate was 6/24-6/30, today it’s 6/25-6/30. I assume if it hits 6/30 on both ends that I probably missed this quarter’s deliveries. That wouldn’t be the end of the world except that I’m impatient.

I’ve been told that same thing happened to some other people and it meant their car was being shipped to Ohio, but they apparently all had their VINs by that point.
Easton originally told me either by the end of this month or next. Weird how they’re saying different things.

Now showing September. Even though the expectation was set as “probably September” in the test drive, going from an estimate of ~2 weeks over the weekend to 3+ months today is extremely frustrating.
That sucks, hope it is like when a computer updates and tells you OS X will take 3 hours to update and then only takes 20 mins...

I dropped back down to 7/14-8/3 on an order date of 5/15. Blue MYLR, black, 19”, no tow/FSD.

I was really considering cancelling last week, since the EDD went to hell, the electrician didn’t show up to install my 14-50 outlet in the garage, and reports on the whole vision-only restrictions/issues/missing features were getting into my head. On top of that, a dealer about 20 minutes away had the exact model/trim/color in stock that was at the top of my list of ICE cars when I was deciding what vehicle to get. I ended up not cancelling yet, and the electrician showed up two days later, so for now I’m still here. Even if things change again and I end up not taking delivery, I would likely lease any ICE vehicle instead of buy, so I’m set for L2 charging when I do eventually get an EV.

At this point I’m not really expecting any movement for at least 2 more weeks, likely longer. I guess I’ll see what happens between now and then.