Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also FYI for anyone that wants to get window tint near Kent, do not go to Magic City Customs.

Are you able to share more about your experience?

I believe that! My buddy had the same experience with his model Y at the Lyndhurst service center. It was not a reject. Us Cleveland area folks somehow are getting our cars in a fraction of the time everyone else in the country (including Freemont, CA) is. Tesla's algorithm is so messed up and un predictable.

When they dropped my car off, they were telling me that they used to do 6-7 home deliveries a day, not including in-store pickups. So it seems that Lyndhurst is honestly a little goldmine right now.

At this point, I'm can drive to Lyndhurst or almost anywhere if they are willing to assign me a VIN.
understandable. I really would have liked to get an MYLR7 but i just couldn't wait a year ... if you can work with a P you could switch and probably get the old price and have a car in a few weeks unless they fixed that exploit. Hope you get yours soon though. Is your date still holding for that 2 week window? If so may be a good sign. Aside from a weird anomaly when i first ordered mine was always about a month rang and once i got two weeks i had a vin about a week after

understandable. I really would have liked to get an MYLR7 but i just couldn't wait a year ... if you can work with a P you could switch and probably get the old price and have a car in a few weeks unless they fixed that exploit. Hope you get yours soon though. Is your date still holding for that 2 week window? If so may be a good sign. Aside from a weird anomaly when i first ordered mine was always about a month rang and once i got two weeks i had a vin about a week after
This is my second 2-week window. First one was in mid-May. Not planning to switch to P.

Are you able to share more about your experience?

When they dropped my car off, they were telling me that they used to do 6-7 home deliveries a day, not including in-store pickups. So it seems that Lyndhurst is honestly a little goldmine right now.
Sure, i will copy and paste my google review to save me some time.

"Ceramic tint on a 2022 Tesla Model 3
So, great people to work with all positive, tint looks pretty good and only found 1 small bubble that has shrunk over the past couple days. However, if you are coming here for a Tesla tint job go somewhere else because they can't do the back window right. They said they would do it in 2 pieces (already red flag number 1 for tesla's) but I said okay that's fine. I get in and go after the tint was done and look back to find that they only did to the top of the defrosters (1 sheet) and not all the way up to the ceiling bar. (2022 model 3). No big deal for me really, it looks good from the outside and serves its purpose. They also do not put any water barrier on the doors to protect any electronics which blows my mind dealing with an EV, they just towel dried the inside of the car, I actually had water oozing out of the window buttons for a full day. But again, these guys don't specialize in tesla's. I did find a scratch on the trunk after they were done but I can't prove it was them (just out of sight of the Tesla sentry camera's), I can only say that it was a brand new car probably had 500 miles or less on it at the time and was built less than 20 days prior to being in their shop and I had not noticed it before the shop.

After they were done the car did smell like someone was vaping in the car which was annoying and it took a few days for that smell to leave.

I was quoted 5 hours and it only took 3 so that was great because I was just roaming around kent with nothing to do.

If you have a car that ISN'T brand new and is not an EV I would highly highly highly recommend using this shop even with the small negative experiences I encountered. I will for sure use this shop for other vehicles in the future.

But for a brand new car, ESPECIALLY Tesla's I highly discourage you from using this shop. I'm not sure how the people with luxury cars' experiences went with their tint (pictures on the shops social media that is outdated and not posted on regularly) but I can't imagine it being much different from mine. One of these days they will have issues with all the water they allow in the car when tinting EV's without any barrier to keep water off of the door panels, thank goodness it wasn't my car.

All in all: Affordable service, friendly staff, locally owned (I assume), can definitely improve in many areas and work toward improving EV knowledge, tiny shop not much room to work, hot tiny waiting room, some customer service improvements and professionalism improvements could be made."

Reactions: arch0n
Two questions for folks who picked at the Cincy location: (1) If you paid cash, was it done via ACH or took the cashier's check? (2) How long it took for the delivery scheduling text to arrive after receiving a message that the car had departed the factory?

Two questions for folks who picked at the Cincy location: (1) If you paid cash, was it done via ACH or took the cashier's check? (2) How long it took for the delivery scheduling text to arrive after receiving a message that the car had departed the factory?
The reps at this location are.....kind of awful and don't know the rules.

(1) From Tesla's site:
Final payment is accepted via:
  • Electronic check (direct debit) in the Tesla app
  • Wire transfer
  • Certified check at time of pick-up, with your Reference Number (RN) and name in the memo line

(2) 5 days (from Wednesday to Monday). Interestingly, my delivery window was moved up to 6/14-6/19 but when I got the text to schedule yesterday, the earliest was for 6/21.

This location is becoming notorious for bad service and pressure to accept cars.

• I told them I wanted to be able to access the inside of the car prior to final payment and the manager is acting like this is impossible.
  • I asked them to check some of the specifics on the build because upon order, the sales person said to just call them to check once VIN was known and they acted like it was impossible. Called another time, spoke to another person who helped with no issues.
  • They also actually pressured a guy with concerns (just to the major flaws on the exterior) into signing or else and then his MXP died 9 miles from the dealership and he kept getting the run-around.
  • And now Andy Slye has a MY with a terrible whine in it and is waiting to see what happens. Will probably to say the banshee whine is within spec.
While the manufacturing defects aren't their fault, their responses on the phone and what they did to the MXP guy were terrible. My understanding from the guy's posts on YT were that the SC wouldn't even talk to him until he took the video down.

Last edited:
The reps at this location are.....kind of awful and don't know the rules.

(1) From Tesla's site:

(2) 5 days (from Wednesday to Monday). Interestingly, my delivery window was moved up to 6/14-6/19 but when I got the text to schedule yesterday, the earliest was for 6/21.

This location is becoming notorious for bad service and pressure to accept cars.

• I told them I wanted to be able to access the inside of the car prior to final payment and the manager is acting like this is impossible.
  • I asked them to check some of the specifics on the build because upon order, the sales person said to just call them to check once VIN was known and they acted like it was impossible. Called another time, spoke to another person who helped with no issues.
  • They also actually pressured a guy with concerns (just to the major flaws on the exterior) into signing or else and then his MXP died 9 miles from the dealership and he kept getting the run-around.
  • And now Andy Slye has a MY with a terrible whine in it and is waiting to see what happens. Will probably to say the banshee whine is within spec.
While the manufacturing defects aren't their fault, their responses on the phone and what they did to the MXP guy were terrible. My understanding from the guy's posts on YT were that the SC wouldn't even talk to him until he took the video down.
Holy moly..... I hope things go well for us.

So, people in Cleveland area, which is where I live, if I order a Model Y LR will it come much quicker than what the Tesla website is projecting or do I have to order a Performance for that to happen?
It seems like the answer is Yes. For whatever reason, it seems like Lyndhurst has a portal from the factories lol!!! I ordered my model 3 on april 16th and my EDD on the app said something like august-september for delivery... but i drove off the lot with a brand new car in less than 30 days from the original order date. The lady at the service center said they average 30 days or less for the lyndhurst location, for whatever reason nobody can answer that. In fact she made such a bold statement and said that the people in these forums on this website are probably lying about their delivery times being 100+ days

Reactions: DBV1
It seems like the answer is Yes. For whatever reason, it seems like Lyndhurst has a portal from the factories lol!!! I ordered my model 3 on april 16th and my EDD on the app said something like august-september for delivery... but i drove off the lot with a brand new car in less than 30 days from the original order date. The lady at the service center said they average 30 days or less for the lyndhurst location, for whatever reason nobody can answer that. In fact she made such a bold statement and said that the people in these forums on this website are probably lying about their delivery times being 100+ days
I can attest to this. I ordered a MYP DBM for pickup in Lyndhurst and received a VIN exactly three weeks after placing the order. I ended up canceling that order (that’s a story for another day) and reordered the same vehicle a few weeks ago. However, I am down in Florida for work right now so I had the delivery location switched from Lyndhurst to the Tampa location on this order. (I switched the delivery location on the last order as well but it was after I was assigned a VIN and the vehicle left Fremont.) I will still be registering in Ohio because I’ll be back home by the end of the year. To my surprise, the Tesla advisor said I could take delivery down here and register in Ohio. Knowing my luck though, I will be waiting for months on my new order…