Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Ohlins - Road & Track DFV Coilover Systems - In Stock!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which Redwood kit for you have? Per Redwood their GT kit would be a more comfortable ride than the Ohlin's RT kit; was hoping someone could confirm from first hand experience.
I'm currently running the Redwood Sport kit, been driving on it for about a year. IMHO, the Ohlins R&T would be comparable with the ride with the Redwood GT in terms of road feel.

Reactions: Kwame
Overall lowering is about 20mm here (19" wheels installed), went for a quick test drive and the ride is absolutely fantastic, as expected from Ohlins. Car feels tight, nimble and really soaks up the bumps in the pavement while giving a smooth & comfortable ride.

Did you get 20mm lowering just following their provided instructions? Their install instructions advertise 20mm drop but wasn't sure if that was in reference to the MYP or MYLR

Ohlins Coilovers IN STOCK - no waiting. Contact us to get a set today!

52303326617_01055f902b_b.jpg

I'm currently running the Redwood Sport kit, been driving on it for about a year. IMHO, the Ohlins R&T would be comparable with the ride with the Redwood GT in terms of road feel.
Hello. So there is basically no difference between Redwood Grand Touring Ohlins and Ohlins RT ? I am looking for more comfy ride and I am about to order my Ohlins. But I am not sure which one to choose. Sadly I can't find any Redwood GT Ohlins in EU :(

Hello. So there is basically no difference between Redwood Grand Touring Ohlins and Ohlins RT ? I am looking for more comfy ride and I am about to order my Ohlins. But I am not sure which one to choose. Sadly I can't find any Redwood GT Ohlins in EU :(
Need a bit more info - what year/model Tesla do you have? Long Range or Performance? Stock wheels or aftermarket? Are you looking only to improve ride characteristics or lower the car as well?

Need a bit more info - what year/model Tesla do you have? Long Range or Performance? Stock wheels or aftermarket? Are you looking only to improve ride characteristics or lower the car as well?
I have Model 3 performance year 2020 .December. Using stock 20 inch Uberturbine rims. Most important for me is to have a comfy ride - my stock suspension feels so harsh even on small bumps. I want the same stock height or maybe lowering my car by 10mm. I can't find any good comparisons between RT Ohlins and Redwood GT Ohlins. Is there a significant difference in ride quality? Ohlins RT are available on ebay but Redwood Ohlins is hard to get in EU. :(

I have Model 3 performance year 2020 .December. Using stock 20 inch Uberturbine rims. Most important for me is to have a comfy ride - my stock suspension feels so harsh even on small bumps. I want the same stock height or maybe lowering my car by 10mm. I can't find any good comparisons between RT Ohlins and Redwood GT Ohlins. Is there a significant difference in ride quality? Ohlins RT are available on ebay but Redwood Ohlins is hard to get in EU. :(
You could get the Ohlins R&T kit, since it is easier for you to get, and try it out. If the ride ends up being too stiff for your liking, you can replace the springs with softer Swift springs. Also, if the most important thing is a comfy ride, you might consider swapping the 20" Uberturbines for an 18" wheel and tire package.

The R&T kits provide one of the best rides out of the box once installed, but only has about a ~20mm lowering range. If wanting to go lower, look into the Redwood, Mountain Pass or KW kits. Swapping for shorter springs is also an option if looking to go lower, depending if you drive with passengers/full cargo a lot you run the risk of hitting the bump stops.

Can't help on the eBay front, most times Ohlins won't honor warranty from kits purchased from eBay so double-check before pulling the trigger.

The R&T kits provide one of the best rides out of the box once installed, but only has about a ~20mm lowering range. If wanting to go lower, look into the Redwood, Mountain Pass or KW kits. Swapping for shorter springs is also an option if looking to go lower, depending if you drive with passengers/full cargo a lot you run the risk of hitting the bump stops.

Can't help on the eBay front, most times Ohlins won't honor warranty from kits purchased from eBay so double-check before pulling the trigger.
I heard that KW/MP kits are by 10-20% better than stock suspensions. :/ I am about to buy Ohlins but still can't figure out if there is a big difference between RT and GT in terms of comfort. Do you sell Ohlins in Europe ? And do I need special Bearing Rear Control Arms for Ohlins RT installation ? Thanks in advance.

I heard that KW/MP kits are by 10-20% better than stock suspensions. :/ I am about to buy Ohlins but still can't figure out if there is a big difference between RT and GT in terms of comfort. Do you sell Ohlins in Europe ? And do I need special Bearing Rear Control Arms for Ohlins RT installation ? Thanks in advance.
IMHO, any suspension kit will be better than stock Tesla suspension. I'm sure it's the primary reason of why you're looking for a replacement.

We can ship all around the world. You don't need the rear adjustable arms with the Ohlins R&T unless you're looking to max out the kit and keep alignment within spec. Quite frankly,I don't mind running a little additional camber.

Feel free to send me a PM with your shipping info for a quote.

IMHO, any suspension kit will be better than stock Tesla suspension. I'm sure it's the primary reason of why you're looking for a replacement.

We can ship all around the world. You don't need the rear adjustable arms with the Ohlins R&T unless you're looking to max out the kit and keep alignment within spec. Quite frankly,I don't mind running a little additional camber.

Feel free to send me a PM with your shipping info for a quote.
I cant find PM option here :) Can I use your profile email to contact you ?

What’s the height adjustment on the online kit? I like a drop of up to half an inch, which should be not problem, but I would also like the option to raise the car a little bit.

I’ve been going to national parks and such and some of the unmaintained dirt roads can be difficult to clear. I’ve been considering a rally tire setup to swap out for when I go out into the backroads. Ability to lift and lower on the same kit would be exceptional for my city but also hiking desires.

Edit: just noticed the drop height range you listed. Is it possible to raise the car in there too? If so to what range?

What’s the height adjustment on the online kit? I like a drop of up to half an inch, which should be not problem, but I would also like the option to raise the car a little bit.

I’ve been going to national parks and such and some of the unmaintained dirt roads can be difficult to clear. I’ve been considering a rally tire setup to swap out for when I go out into the backroads. Ability to lift and lower on the same kit would be exceptional for my city but also hiking desires.

Edit: just noticed the drop height range you listed. Is it possible to raise the car in there too? If so to what range?
Haven't installed a set with raised height yet, but will make a note to check on next install.

My RT model Y has about a 20mm suspension lift and a 1 inch plus sized tire lift. Going bigger on the front tires would require big wheel spacers to clear the upper knuckle on the hub, and then you'd have a lot of rubbing on turns until you did some body work in the wheel wells.

The RT kit is a trade off with ride quality, mostly a positive one that gets rid of most head toss. The springs are definitely on the stiff side, something that the GT kit solves out of the box. But GT costs more.

Overall lowering is about 20mm here (19" wheels installed), went for a quick test drive and the ride is absolutely fantastic, as expected from Ohlins. Car feels tight, nimble and really soaks up the bumps in the pavement while giving a smooth & comfortable ride.
We're you able to get 20mm lowering in the rear with the 20mm rear preload recommended by Ohlin's? I've only installed the rears so far on my MYLR with a 20mm preload and didn't get any drop in ride height, even though Ohlin's days this should give a 20mm drop. Hard to tell exactly from the pics but it seems like your rear preload is closer to 0mm?

So anyone installed R&T on their Model Y yet? Whats the feedback? Firmer or softer? What setting are you on? I only installed on a 2020 Model 3 so far loving it but a bit too firm for me likey. I got a 2022 Model Y with firm stock suspensions and bouncy ride.