Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Ohlins - Road & Track DFV Coilover Systems - In Stock!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Leafable
My RT model Y has about a 20mm suspension lift and a 1 inch plus sized tire lift. Going bigger on the front tires would require big wheel spacers to clear the upper knuckle on the hub, and then you'd have a lot of rubbing on turns until you did some body work in the wheel wells.

The RT kit is a trade off with ride quality, mostly a positive one that gets rid of most head toss. The springs are definitely on the stiff side, something that the GT kit solves out of the box. But GT costs more.
Are you planning to swap those springs for softer ride?

Are you planning to swap those springs for softer ride?
Nope. I drive pretty hard on a rough road. I quite appreciate the lack of body roll and staying off the bump stops in mid-corner bumps. That plus the stiffer damping makes the car far more predictable and safe in my use case. I recently, no joke, got run off the road by a pickup, and despite some nasty ruts, I didn't bottom out. I was quite, quite happy. A long-travel suspension option with softer springs would be even better for me, but beggars can't be choosers. Properly doing that would take redesigning essentially all of the front suspension as well as some significant body work, which is way beyond me. Would be fun though.

New website, new links! Ohlins kits in stock ready to ship or install in-house!

Ohlins Coilovers IN STOCK - no waiting. Contact us to get a set today!

52611475471_04f6e6b7d1_b.jpg

Authorized Ohlins Retailer & Installer - Ohlins kits in stock! Drop by to get yours installed or shipped to your door!

52303326617_01055f902b_b.jpg

Do you have any opinions on how much of an improvement in the softer/smoother ride quality? I've been contemplating the Ohlins but the wifey would prefer a soft/smoother ride than what my stock MYP currently has if I'm upgrading. I've just been researching all my options before going all in on a pricier setup of coils.

Do you have any opinions on how much of an improvement in the softer/smoother ride quality? I've been contemplating the Ohlins but the wifey would prefer a soft/smoother ride than what my stock MYP currently has if I'm upgrading. I've just been researching all my options before going all in on a pricier setup of coils.
Quite a bit. MYP suffers from stiff suspension and large 21" wheels.

An other option is to step down from 21" to 20" wheels to add a bit more rubber on the sidewall. I did this on my MYP along with Ohlins and its a night and day difference compared to stock. Feel free to drop by for a ride when in the area to see what you think.

Quite a bit. MYP suffers from stiff suspension and large 21" wheels.

An other option is to step down from 21" to 20" wheels to add a bit more rubber on the sidewall. I did this on my MYP along with Ohlins and its a night and day difference compared to stock. Feel free to drop by for a ride when in the area to see what you think.
I have a set of 20s that I will be swapping to once my current 21's need replacing. Does the shop car also have the same Swift spring set up as well?

A new Ohlins Coilover Street Tuned kit has been released for Tesla Model 3/Model Y, as well as an update to the existing R&T kit.

Ohlins-Road_TrackDFVCoiloverSystem-TeslaModel3_ModelY1_1200x1200.jpg

Introducing the latest addition to our automotive range—the Öhlins Street Tuned system for Tesla Model 3/Model Y. Developed utilizing our proven DFV technology monotube shocks with a sharp focus on comfort, the new Street Tuned suspension offers a refined ride quality without compromising vehicle handling and body control. DFV technology is utilized to reduce harshness on rough roads where basic, OE suspensions (and entry level coilovers) can feel coarse and low on grip.

Adjustable ride height allows exact desired stance and look every customer can custom tailor to their preferences. The dampers are individually adjustable through a wide range of 20 defined clicks for precise tuning ranging from comfort focused to improved handling over OE. At the heart of this system is a monotube damper architecture with DFV technology, designed for heightened responsiveness. This is complemented by strengthened large bore shocks, enhancing the system's resilience against wear and tear, together with lightweight aluminum body, reducing the overall unsprung weight on the vehicle.

Öhlins new Street Tuned suspension package combines unparalleled ride comfort with premium features and tuning options, resulting in the ultimate comfort upgrade for Tesla Model Y. No matter your destination, the Öhlins Street Tuned dampers deliver a smoother ride with superior handling and control, ensuring a safer, more comfortable journey for you and your passengers.

If Tesla owners prefer a sportier option the Ohlins Road & Track system will be available, with an updated specification which includes additional suspension travel for maintained performance when loaded with cargo and additional occupants.

Öhlins R&T Coilovers (Street Tuned) General Features
  • Designed for maximum ride comfort
  • Dual Flow Valve (DFV) technology
  • Rebuildable
  • Corrosion salt spray tested (ISO 9227)
  • 2 year limited warranty
  • Complete suspension kit with springs and accessories included
Front Features
  • Conventional shock absorber
  • Single bleed adjuster
  • Spring preload adjuster
  • Height adjustable (0-10mm lower than standard is recommended)
  • Coil springs (rate 70 N/mm)
  • Use with original top mounts
Rear Features
  • Conventional shock absorber
  • Single bleed adjuster
  • Separate spring preload adjuster
  • Height adjustable (0-10 mm lower than standard is recommended)
  • Coil springs (rate 80 N/mm)
  • Use with original top mounts
Both kits are currently shipping, the Street Tuned has a limited time promotion of $200 off until 5/30.

Ohlins R&T Coilovers

Ohlins R&T Coilovers (Street Tuned)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: hyp36rmax
The softer spring rates will definitely help, but I'm more curious as to how the "revised shocks" feel. I have my MPP (KW) coilovers dialed in perfectly, so it'll be hard sell to get me back on Ohlins, but I'm delighted to see they are actually listening to their customers! Hopefully the changes will appeal to enthusiasts who are looking for just that, a more street friendly coil over system.