Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Ohlins - Road & Track DFV Coilover Systems - In Stock!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tom @ eas

Global Vendor
Oct 11, 2021
Anaheim, CA
Listings
Meet the revolutionary new Road & Track suspension for Tesla models. Backed by over 45 years of experience in advanced suspension development and global racing series, the Road & Track line showcases Öhlins’ ability to engineer the ultimate suspension system for driving enthusiasts.

Ohlins-Road_TrackDFVCoiloverSystem-TeslaModel3_ModelY1_1200x1200.jpg

The Road & Track suspension for Tesla models is specially tuned for battery electric vehicle (BEV) applications and underpinned by cutting-edge Öhlins suspension technology. Öhlins’ patented Dual Flow Valve (DFV) technology transforms chassis control while sustaining a refined ride quality unsurpassed in the OE or aftermarket. Experience racecar-like handling without sacrificing comfort and safety, whether you’re driving to the office or crushing lap times on the track.

Ride height and damping control are adjustable to help you achieve the exact look and feedback you desire. Dampers can be individually adjusted through a wide range of adjustment options, with more than 20 defined clicks. Systems feature a monotube damper structure designed for heightened response, with strengthened inverted struts and aluminum body shocks that are lightweight and aid in cooling.

With the Öhlins Road & Track suspension for Tesla, you can expect a superior ride quality and elevated comfort over a variety of conditions and uses. The combination of premium features and options to fine-tune your performance result in the ultimate suspension package for daily drivers and weekend warriors alike.

The Features of DFV Technology
So what is DFV? It is Dual Flow Valve technology – and it sets us apart from our competitors. Only Ohlins has DFV technology on its road and track products.

With DFV, the dual flow valve gives the same characteristics on rebound as it does on compression, thanks to the damper fluid having a consistent path of flow in both directions. This means that the wheel and tyre can quickly and effectively resume their important position back on the ground, providing grip and traction. The new Öhlins R&T range uses DFV technology on every single fitment, making it the perfect upgrade for the enthusiast that needs comfort and agility in the one unit.

Features
  • DFV (Dual Flow Valve)
  • Adjustable ride-height
  • Fully rebuildable
  • Road & Track intended for Track or aggressively driven vehicles
  • Street Tuned intended for Street Comfort/Weekend Warrior setups
  • Corrosion salt spray tested (ISO 9227)
  • Includes hardware and installation instructions
  • 2 year Limited Warranty
Front
  • Conventional Shock Absorber
  • Single bleed adjuster
  • Spring preload adjuster
  • Height Adjustable (approx. -5mm to -30mm lower than standard)
  • Coil Springs (R&T rate 110N/mm, Street Tuned rate 70 N/mm)
  • Uses original top mounts
Rear
  • Shock Absorber
  • Single bleed adjuster
  • Separate spring preload adjuster
  • Height Adjustable (approx. -5mm to -30mm lower than standard)
  • Coil Springs (R&T rate 120N/mm, Street Tuned rate 80 N/mm)
  • Uses original top mounts
Models Supported
Tesla Model 3, including Performance
Tesla Model Y, including Performance

Last edited:
First Ohlins R&T set installed today, along with a set of Redwood rear camber arms on this MYP.

Overall lowering is about 20mm here (19" wheels installed), went for a quick test drive and the ride is absolutely fantastic, as expected from Ohlins. Car feels tight, nimble and really soaks up the bumps in the pavement while giving a smooth & comfortable ride.

Enjoy the pics.

52304397278_9bf48eef33_b.jpg

52304398708_d8c0cb47df_b.jpg

52304555164_146f683b7a_b.jpg

52304555449_a5b2464044_b.jpg

52304571654_e9030fa586_b.jpg

52303326347_07c5feb75d_b.jpg

52304397983_81370c0b0f_b.jpg

52303326242_9d9fb4fa04_b.jpg

52303326617_01055f902b_b.jpg

52304396908_a5399aec53_b.jpg

52304399003_b1842e9f43_b.jpg

52304399298_623c6b85bd_b.jpg

52304396603_0d10a79a64_b.jpg

52304396428_3beccbef88_b.jpg

52304396263_c17ba3dc0e_b.jpg

52304396108_bfc7a906a8_b.jpg

52304556114_d5c31b5983_b.jpg

52304399923_30673b2b8d_b.jpg

52304400228_4fd31c8c95_b.jpg

52303327282_fff35b6a3a_b.jpg

52304400958_6513784fe5_b.jpg

52304401263_54ae62c407_b.jpg

52304556749_6dacd3a7a7_b.jpg

52304401813_463027400c_b.jpg

52303327737_505acc459b_b.jpg

52303338107_2bf69b8a42_b.jpg

52304403993_6293e70cb6_b.jpg

52304403173_ee3537b657_b.jpg

52304403378_b36aceb656_b.jpg

52304402783_dcf6191f8a_b.jpg

52303328532_2450462762_b.jpg

52304403688_e4234518f8_b.jpg

52304404888_74fe2b77be_b.jpg

52304404548_acb87693fd_b.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Kvitravn
Ordered the Ohlins kit from EAS on Tuesday the 23rd for my M3P, and it was delivered this morning, Saturday the 27th. Took me about 3 hours in total to get everything installed, and another hour or so tinkering with ride height and dampening adjustments. All four corners were lowered 25mm, which equates to almost an inch drop. There's definitely room to go lower, but I wanted to keep the ride height "manageable" since the roads in around the NYC tri-state area aren't too friendly to cars with modified suspensions. In conjunction with a set of front and rear Eibach adjustable sway bars and staggered 20" wheels, the cars driving dynamics have significantly improved! Stability overall has increased tenfold and it's not only in the corners and bends, but also in straight line acceleration. The firm end of the dampening is quite harsh on the streets. It does give you near go-kart like handling, but you will feel everything, and I mean everything! The softer end of the dampening is definitely smoother and more plush than the OEM suspension. Ride comfort is enhanced, while still keeping an adequate level of stability, which mind you is still better than the OEM setup. This is where you'll have to spend some time to find that perfect balance of front and rear dampening for your specific needs and driving style. I am going to have the car aligned later this week and will continue to tinker with the settings to see what works best for me. Will report back with how everything goes.

Thank you to the guys at EAS for their prompt and courteous service!

ohlins1.JPG

Looking forward to a review of these units! I’m especially interested in how harsh they are for daily driving and whether they make any noise. The rear not using either the top or bottom rubber spring isolators concerns me slightly, but hopefully they don’t make a bunch of noise. 🤞
Staying within the softer end of the dampening, the ride is not harsh at all. In fact, it's an improvement over the OEM setup while still offering you better than OEM stability. The firm end of the dampening is harsh on the street. Definitely not recommend for a daily driver or if you live in an area with bad roads. Last but not least, absolutely no noise whatsoever from either the frontend or rearend!

Reactions: SBD47
Ordered the Ohlins kit from EAS on Tuesday the 23rd for my M3P, and it was delivered this morning, Saturday the 27th. Took me about 3 hours in total to get everything installed, and another hour or so tinkering with ride height and dampening adjustments. All four corners were lowered 25mm, which equates to almost an inch drop. There's definitely room to go lower, but I wanted to keep the ride height "manageable" since the roads in around the NYC tri-state area aren't too friendly to cars with modified suspensions. In conjunction with a set of front and rear Eibach adjustable sway bars and staggered 20" wheels, the cars driving dynamics have significantly improved! Stability overall has increased tenfold and it's not only in the corners and bends, but also in straight line acceleration. The firm end of the dampening is quite harsh on the streets. It does give you near go-kart like handling, but you will feel everything, and I mean everything! The softer end of the dampening is definitely smoother and more plush than the OEM suspension. Ride comfort is enhanced, while still keeping an adequate level of stability, which mind you is still better than the OEM setup. This is where you'll have to spend some time to find that perfect balance of front and rear dampening for your specific needs and driving style. I am going to have the car aligned later this week and will continue to tinker with the settings to see what works best for me. Will report back with how everything goes.

Appreciate the review, congrats on your new Ohlins setup!

Appreciate the review, congrats on your new Ohlins setup!
Thank you! Still dialing it in, but so far so good. I do however have a quick question...

On the front shocks, the dampener adjustment knobs up in the frunk have around 21-22 clicks from firm to soft. The knob literally stops spinning from one setting to the other. That essentially goes hand in hand with what Ohlins advertises (20 clicks), give or take a click or two which is normal. On the rears however, there's something like 35-40 clicks on the lower adjustment knobs from one end to the other. Is that normal?

With the fronts at let's say full soft, 20 clicks, the front suspension is just that - soft and plush. The rears however at 20 clicks are not nearly as soft. When I crank them down to like 30 clicks, they become just about equal in softness. Is there a chance the front and rear shocks have different dampening capabilities?

I've never had a coilover shock that was advertised for a certain range, click for twice as long. An additional click or two, or even three, once again is normal before the knob either stopped or became free, but for something to be advertised as having 20 clicks but in actuality delivering nearly double that, just doesn't feel right.

If you could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: yjypm and slzeal
Thank you! Still dialing it in, but so far so good. I do however have a quick question...

On the front shocks, the dampener adjustment knobs up in the frunk have around 21-22 clicks from firm to soft. The knob literally stops spinning from one setting to the other. That essentially goes hand in hand with what Ohlins advertises (20 clicks), give or take a click or two which is normal. On the rears however, there's something like 35-40 clicks on the lower adjustment knobs from one end to the other. Is that normal?

With the fronts at let's say full soft, 20 clicks, the front suspension is just that - soft and plush. The rears however at 20 clicks are not nearly as soft. When I crank them down to like 30 clicks, they become just about equal in softness. Is there a chance the front and rear shocks have different dampening capabilities?

I've never had a coilover shock that was advertised for a certain range, click for twice as long. An additional click or two, or even three, once again is normal before the knob either stopped or became free, but for something to be advertised as having 20 clicks but in actuality delivering nearly double that, just doesn't feel right.

Looks like someone had the same findings: Ohlins R&T landing in the USA as soon as May

Reactions: yjypm

Checked on a set here and found 27 clicks on the front, this is normal as the 0-20 range is considered "usable". However, I counted 68 clicks on the rear.

I'll ping Ohlins and see if I can get some additional info on their end.

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
And already got a reply from Ohlins:

There are only 20 usable clicks both front and rear on the struts and dampers. When turning counterclockwise once to get past 20 clicks from closed it is no longer making a difference in damping. The oil port has reach it maximum flow rate once it reaches 20 clicks and is no longer restricting the fluid flow.

Kind of what we figured, but good to get confirmation nonetheless.

• Informative
Reactions: yjypm and tm1v2

View attachment 846021
Congrats! I’ve also got a set of these in hand and just awaiting delivery of my Model Y; I’m also in NYC (LIC), where about are you located?