Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohme chargers and plunge pricing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It needs to have parallel schedules dependent on max price.

As I tend to configure and leave it, rather than tweak everyday.

weekdays max cost 4p/kWh 90% by 8am

However would like another one that was 0p/kWh 100% by 8am

If I leave max price 0p/kWh I’ll only charge up on about 5 nights a year;)

maybe I’m missing something?

Hardly the biggest problem ;)

Last edited:
Is there any way to dumb down the Ohme charger? I'm charging off solar as I don't yet have the smart meter and Agile. I leave the car plugged in so that I can turn it on first thing in the morning without having to go outside and plug in. Twice now the Ohme app has started the car charging in the evening and only alerts me when "your car isn't charging as expected" alert comes through on my phone.. this evening 3 hours after it had started charging. 9kW wasted or at least paid for when it should have been free. It would be nice just to have the dumb charger again till I get the smart meter.

Another night of random charging.
I woke up this morning to find something was using 1kw of energy.
Ohme wasn't showing any charging and hadn't been scheduled to charge (I've turned off all scheduled charging on the app)
The car was sitting at 93% yesterday evening having charged all day with solar. I was aiming to charge to 100% tomorrow morning before attempting to get to Edinburgh and back without charging at Dundee, 256 miles should be do able.
As you can see from the pics, the car was charging randomly through the night for about 45 mins at a time and then stopping for an hour or so then repeating and used about 4kW.
I'm using the scheduled departure function for the 1st time as well as setting the charge on the Ohme app to be ready for 0615
Screenshot_20200602-073602_Ohme.png
Screenshot_20200602-073742_Firefox.png
Screenshot_20200602-073621_Tesla.png
Screenshot_20200602-074258_Ohme.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200602-073651_Firefox.png
    Screenshot_20200602-073651_Firefox.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 33
Several thoughts.

I think my car draws about 1kW when it isn’t charging but using the A/C. Worth checking camp mode etc.

Also, the charge rate will taper as the battery gets full so 1-4kW at 96% SOC wouldn’t be unusual.

And, I’d either set scheduled departure in the car OR use the OHME don’t use both at the same time.

Perhaps as the battery cools overnight it’s charge % changed and so it took on charge to maintain the %. Normally the car might just sleep through this but the OHME probably wakes it each half hour.

Last edited:
Nothing was turned on.. just like the previous night. you can see what was supposed to happen from the previous nights chart. Nothing different apart from the car having a slightly higher SOC.
This morning neither charging method kicked in so I charged to 98% starting at 0550. I made it to Edinburgh SC 135 miles with 50% at 9C 242wh/m. I got a model S 90D as courtesy car. Really nice to drive.
Ohme dosen't usually wake the car from sleep.. perhaps it never went to sleep.. Just checked .. no it didn't ..its supposed to sleep from 1800 but didn't.