Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohme intelligent wall charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the average cost of installing smart wall charger?

I have just received a quote of £598 (after grant) which seems a tad expensive.

Consumer unit in garage and meter box on side of house where charger would go so it doesn’t seem that difficult to do.

That seems reasonable for a smart charger. In many cases the grant seems to “disappear”, as anecdotally grant-based quotes mostly seem more expensive than self-funded installs. I suspect the electricians see it as adding a bit of extra easy profit :eek:

Would agree with other comments that it’s a good price. Just remember if you’re comparing with old posts on quotes that the grant was £500 compared to the £350 now.

If you got it in on the old grant it would have been £450 installed which is decent.

Ok thanks for replies
I had Tesla mobile out to sort out some minor issues. All Tesla mobile mechanics are using the OHME charger with a commando socket in the garage. You can buy Ohme charger through Octopus for £199. I am using Tesla UMC with commando socket. Looking at changing to Ohme once Octopus install smart meter. My commando socket cost £50 all in. This was getting an electrician to do connections.

Reactions: Columbo