Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohmmu 12V Battery Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Guys… Any updates?
There's another thread with more responses. Link below. There is a mention of a new V3 battery that is already available.

Hello Guys… Any updates?

My plan: Replace with "regular" battery, then reevaluate Ohmmu in 2.5 years.

Wish I had updates to share as a beta tester, but as I posted in the other thread I have received no real communication from them after experiencing the major code on 3/22. Other testers have received updates and apparently there’s a V3 battery version floating around, but I’m still with the beta battery with a module and receiving nothing from Ohmuu. I even get that it may be supply chain issues, but at least communicate with your testers after they experience an issue.

At this point, I’d rather be done with the company and would highly advise others to stay far away as well. I liked the idea of their product and offered to assist, and they sent me a broken experiment and left me completely unsupported. I think they are in wayyyy over their head and cannot recommend other customers to them.

I've recharged my battery for a few hours, did a hard reset and haven't received the error again for over 2 months and 3 updates.

I also left my car sitting for a week, which usually triggered the warning. Everything is working normally, so I don't know what the deal is anymore. I would assume the 12v testing by the car would happen at least once between 2 months, but so far so good 🤷‍♂️

I received and installed the V3 battery yesterday afternoon and installed it. I did not drive yesterday. I left the car charging overnight and this morning I had the VCFRONT_a180 Electrical System Power Reduced error.
This was my exact experience with the V2 battery. Same error at times when I was not driving. I would never have caught in unless I went into the Notifications screen on the car.
I have a June 2020 M3 LR with the 2022.12.3.1 software.

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
I received and installed the V3 battery yesterday afternoon and installed it. I did not drive yesterday. I left the car charging overnight and this morning I had the VCFRONT_a180 Electrical System Power Reduced error.
This was my exact experience with the V2 battery. Same error at times when I was not driving. I would never have caught in unless I went into the Notifications screen on the car.
Did you drive it? I had this happen after replacing my Ohmmu as well. In my case, the warning went away after a driving few thousand feet and has never returned.

Did you notify Ohmmu? They need the feedback I’m sure. So am I correct in saying we have 2 people with V3 and the VCFRONT error? I have the V3 battery however I have not installed it yet due to time.

Ski

I did a full reset and went for a short drive this morning. Let's see how it goes today. Thanks for the suggestion.
@Maytaur
Let us know how it went after the drive. Did the error resolve itself as it did for @AZAV8R ? It appears that maybe we need to do a drive of some distance (even a short one) to preclude the VCFRONT error as you mention you did the swap/install to V3 but didn’t drive and just let it sit overnight. I don’t know what that would do or how that would effect tripping the code or not but there may be a tie in there. Ohmmu didn’t mention anything to that effect on install/remedy instruction/direction on the new V3 but I’d definitely let them know the deets as referential Data Points.
You guys definitely have my curiosity up and as such I’ll make a point of trying to install my V3 today so we can get more info. Have to swap my winter/summer setup so maybe I’ll do that all today if I can work it in.

Ski

Last edited:
@Maytaur
Let us know how it went after the drive. Did the error resolve itself as it did for @AZAV8R ? It appears that maybe we need to do a drive of some distance (even a short one) to preclude the VCFRONT error as you mention you did the swap/install to V3 but didn’t drive and just let it sit overnight. I don’t know what that would do or how that would effect tripping the code or not but there may be a tie in there. Ohmmu didn’t mention anything to that effect on install/remedy instruction/direction on the new V3 but I’d definitely let them know the deets as referential Data Points.
You guys definitely have my curiosity up and as such I’ll make a point of trying to install my V3 today so we can get more info. Have to swap my winter/summer setup so maybe I’ll do that all today if I can work it in.

Ski
Well it took a lot longer but I did get a VCfront_a180 error this afternoon. Just one today so far. I'll report back tomorrow. The other odd thing is my car has not gone to sleep today since the full reset and drive from this morning. Not sure if that is related.