Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohmmu battery [question about ohmmu battery for Model 3LR]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe Mountain Pass Performance offers an alternative. I've had the Ohmmu version 2 installed in my 2018 Model 3 Performance for about a year or so, and never had an issue. Not sure why some have issues and some don't, but it's been absolutely trouble free for me. I replaced my OEM battery with about 45k miles on the car, and it now has 75,000 miles on it, with no error messages.

Upvote 0
After being All Quiet on the Western Front so to speak, got my first battery needs replacement warning. Ran for four months roughly with a beta version 3 I think, so I'm tempted just to do a reset and see how long that goes. Was there another rewrite of the 12 volt sub system such that once again very high voltages are being pushed out from the pack? Feels like whack a mole. Have emailed Ohmmu but they are on Western time so probably won't hear back for a while.

Upvote 0
I have inquired with Ingenext on possibly getting a setting that will ignore 12v alerts. With the ohmmu app and the blutooth enabled bms, I don't see why this would cause any issues.
Probably not a good idea. By ignoring alerts you have no warning that the 12 V sub system is draining your battery aggressively when it detects what it considers to be a terminal fault. This means you have no warning at all that your car is about to brick and become undrivable. The key is to intervene as soon as you get evidence for the battery suicide routine being activated.

Reactions: pikeman
Upvote 0
Probably not a good idea. By ignoring alerts you have no warning that the 12 V sub system is draining your battery aggressively when it detects what it considers to be a terminal fault. This means you have no warning at all that your car is about to brick and become undrivable. The key is to intervene as soon as you get evidence for the battery suicide routine being activated.
isn't that the purpose of the blutooth bms system and ohmmu app?

Upvote 0
isn't that the purpose of the blutooth bms system and ohmmu app?
The Bluetooth app on the battery just allows you to disconnect it and monitor its charging and discharging. I'm not aware that it can alert you (at least I haven't figured out how to do this) in the context of the car's 12 V subsystem aggressively discharging the battery. Bluetooth Protocols are also ultra short range. I can't even communicate with the battery 20' away.The Tesla app on the other hand gives you Immediate warning when it starts the suicide routine. Even if you're miles from the car as long as you have either Wi-Fi or cellular connection For both the car and the phone.

Reactions: pikeman
Upvote 0
2018 LR with Ohmmu from March 2022…emailed Ohmmu twice…no response.

I’m tempted to try reinstalling it again and see how far till the error pops up. Last time it was 1.5 days. Anyone here get a module from them yet?

Edit: sorry, found a big thread on the charging section, might check that out as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2018 LR with Ohmmu from March 2022…emailed Ohmmu twice…no response.

I’m tempted to try reinstalling it again and see how far till the error pops up. Last time it was 1.5 days. Anyone here get a module from them yet?

Edit: sorry, found a big thread on the charging section, might check that out as well.

They are now issuing the V4+ with bluetooth. Contact them for warranty.

Reactions: Scrutmonkey
Upvote 0