Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohmmu Rev 2 Battery for model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone installed one of these yet? I have Rev 1 and my model 3 stopped doing software updates mid August until I put the factory 12 Volt battery back in. Then the updates started up again.

I can swap my Rev 1 for a revised Rev 2 which is supposed to cure these issues but wondering if anyone has installed Rev 2 yet/

Thanks
R. Olsen

Ohmmu Battery & 2020.28.6 update

since they are JUST starting the process to roll out, its too early to hear feedback, save those who live in AZ and can just drop by.

also, you did not have to put in your lead battery to install the updates - all you had to do was reset the car via the HV connector under the seat.

that said, i can certainly understand that perhaps you didn't like the nag icon on the screen, but if you wanted to you could have kept the ohmmu in and still got the updates. i had the nag icon but was able to get all updates normally.

totally suspect this rev 2 battery to fix the issues. this vendor have had model 3 to use and test to get data from so, im quite confident in it.

the vendor has been shipping these out , so much so that im still a month away from getting my replacement.

these are out in the wild, but those folks are probably not on the forum.

although, i think i saw one cat from valencia CA post up he or she got his.. i think this was last week.

I asked the vendor directly via email and he stated this is the fix and he has had no issues with rev2.

feel free to email him directly yourself.