TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Oil Change and Lube for Tesla?

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by vfx, Dec 17, 2008.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Is this Jason messing with someone?

:biggrin:

2. DisneylandIsHome

The oil change and lube service across from the Menlo Park Tesla Store does wheel alignment for Tesla.

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Yes. I was going to include an explanation, but then I thought I'd wait a little bit since the photo made for an interesting mystery.

3115172300_f0434717b6.jpg

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#4 TEG, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
    Probably Not JC's... (which is probably in SoCal)... VP13...?

5. doug

Neither. I think it was a newer customer car. There were a few Roadsters lined up outside that shop waiting for alignments. Unfortunately, I didn't think the snap a photo till the last car was just about done.

6. DisneylandIsHome

I considered that but these photos have been showing up on various Tesla sites for the past month or so. I don't want people to get the wrong idea that the Tesla's have been sneaking out behind our backs and getting oil changes just for the fun if it! :smile:

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

TM has their own floor jacks behind the showroom. Why don't they put an alignment machine in their shop too?!

Were all the floor jacks in their shop in use so the place next door is for overflow? Does Tesla not have mechanics on staff qualified to do alignments?

8. graham

graham Active Member

It has been so packed back there at times with the cars to get the drvietrains installed, perhaps it was easier for them to overflow the alignment job across the street. Perhaps they will bring the alignment stuff back in house once they have gotten through th 2008/2009 backlog.

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Does sort of have a momnpop feeling about the whole thing but every company, no matter how big...

10. doug

They probably do, but like graham said, those guys are really too busy. They've been working weekends and long days to get the cars out the door. It makes sense if they can off load some non EV specific work for the time being. Plus that place is just across the street and I'm sure they're happy to get the business.